UFC 100 Buyrate... Holy fuck

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ratedrko09

Reaction score
big number indeed. but with the hype of that ppv it was somewhat expected with dana's prediction and the mir-brock feud

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Forgive me for not knowing how PPV buyrates work. But 1.72 million, does that mean 1,720,000 people bought the UFC PPV? If thats the case how much did it cost to buy that PPV, like, 35 dollars?

If all that is true, UFC made about 60,200,000 million dollars from PPV buys on this PPV. Not counting ticket sales for gate attendance, not counting any money they got from merchandise sales at the event, sponsorship money ect ect. I don't know how much they have to pay each individual worker or how much they have to pay for production and the like, but sounds to me like UFC had a MASSIVELY successful profit.

Reaction score
Yeah man, but thats just gross profit. You have to add in Pay for everyone who worked there, Henderson's knockout of the night money and cost to be in the arena. So in an equation:

60(PPV Buyrates) + Ticket Sales + Advertising - Working Man's pay - Fighter's pay - Hendo's knockout of the night - Cost of the arena = UFC 100 net profit.

J

Still you know how much money Dana is making off it, it ain't no secret lmao.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The scary thing is, it's getting more popular, and now with Brock's act, it's going to draw more attention, and scrutiny which = more attention. I'm horrified by the thought of Fedor ever joining UFC to fight Brock if Lesnar stays on a roll... the sell of a show with JUST that match alone would be incredible. But like I said... they're just going to topple that in the future, and keep doing it so long as they put on demanded fights. Shit, I still believe Lashley could come in and fight Brock, and they'd break the 2 million buy mark for it.

xtremebadass

UFC makes 1.72 Million buys and TNA can barely get 7000.

That was unfair of me to say that because comparing TNA to UFC is completely obnoxious.

MikeRaw

Forgive me for not knowing how PPV buyrates work. But 1.72 million, does that mean 1,720,000 people bought the UFC PPV? If thats the case how much did it cost to buy that PPV, like, 35 dollars?

If all that is true, UFC made about 60,200,000 million dollars from PPV buys on this PPV. Not counting ticket sales for gate attendance, not counting any money they got from merchandise sales at the event, sponsorship money ect ect. I don't know how much they have to pay each individual worker or how much they have to pay for production and the like, but sounds to me like UFC had a MASSIVELY successful profit.

UFC 100 was 59.99
Think of how many people watched it though. 1.7 million buys, but probably 10 million people watched it. Think about it. Boston Pizza here in Canada, as well as alot of bars and restaurants, show it. They pay (which counts as one buy), and like 30-50 people will be watching it there. Then, most people (not all) get a group to watch the PPV. Most people watch it with a bunch of buddies and not just themselves. I'd say there was probably 8-10 million people watching it, and that's not even mentioning the streams.

And XBA, a better comparison would eb WWE. WWE stilld oesn't come close, cause they usually hover around the 250,000 mark.

chessarmy

NHL: Toronto Maple Leafs, Calgary Flames, NY Rangers

I thought you hated the Rags? Wtf? :confused:

anyways, this is a monster number. Good for UFC, good for MMA, I won't be watching anytime soon. :)

This Guy

I'm suprised you didn't mention what Dana White promised to do if it did over a million buys? He said that if UFC 100 did over a million buys he would do a back flip off of the mandala hotel. The other day when the early numbers were in and it was just shy of a million with more numbers still to come in, he was like "I guess I better start practicing my back flips and contacting the hotel management"

If he actually goes through with doing the back flip I want to see it. lol

xtremebadass

What like sky diving off the hotel or something? That sounds pretty awesome