U.K. store sells out of reindeer pate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Source: QMI Agency

An animal-rights group's campaign to rid the shelves of U.K. grocery store Harvey Nichols of reindeer pate has backfired -- the store has now sold out of the canned delicacy.

Viva -- Vegetarians International Voice for Animals -- drew attention to the Edible brand reindeer pate being sold at the grocer with a campaign calling for Britons to "politely complain" to Harvey Nichols to get the reindeer pate off the shelves.

The pate, which is branded as a "farm-raised relative of Rudolph" and an indulgent winter treat, is made from Swedish Arctic reindeer meat, cognac and spices, according to the listing for the product on Edible's website.

"No matter how the reindeer that Harvey Nichols are selling are raised, it does not detract from the fact that they are selling a 'novelty' meat from a wild animal in British stores," Viva says. "This in itself goes toward popularizing the consumption of meat from wild animals, and that in-turn can put potentially disastrous pressure on populations already suffering from the threats of climate change, urban encroachment, pollution and poaching."

The media attention Viva's campaign has been getting in the U.K. seems to have rid store shelves of the reindeer pate, but not because Harvey Nichols removed it.

"Our online stockhas sold out due to the publicity and demand we've received," a store spokeswoman told MSNBC Sunday. "It's a seasonal product and stocks are limited so we will not be restocking prior to Christmas."

Bwahaha, screw those activists, I'm gonna' eat reindeer pate if I damn well feel like it. Nice to see their little plan backfire though. :lol:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler