Tyler Black

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Simple topic. Is Tyler Black ready for the ROH belt? Or would you put it on a vetern like Dragon/Aries/Strong or someone else? Do you think Tyler Black can be a good babyface?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
As long as Nigel doesn't have the belt, that im fine with anyone tbh. Tyler is a great wrestler, but I would rather have Aries hold the strap again.

Axis

Ehhhh I'm not totally sold on Tyler Black right now, but I'm with Dylan in that it really just needs to get off of Nigel. However I disagree on Aries; until he turns completely heel, I'll probably continue to find him uninteresting. I think they missed the boat on Chris Hero, and really on Dragonson too. Jimmy Jacobs would be fun, though it could be a fairly one-dimensional reign.

I think the ROH title situation just proves that TNA needs to close down. Put Styles, Daniels, Joe, Homicide, and Shelley back in ROH and then problem solved.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
No. The fans are way behind him as a face, but I think they're going to turn pretty quick on him. Black can put on some great matches, but I don't think he has enough to Main Event and headline every show. Most of the ROH Champs that were faces didn't really have exciting runs, and I don't think Tyler would do anything to change that. I think he's fine in his role in chasing the belt, but I'd rather see a long feud with Jacobs or Aries before anything big happens.

Kizza

No, I don't think that he is ready for the belt just yet. Maybe after this feud with Tyler/Aries and whatnot, but not right now. I might be a traditionalist, but keep the belt off guys like Dragon, Aries etc, guys that have already won it before, to keep the suspense building on who's going to be the first two time winner.

ROH have got something really special with only having 1 time champs in a whole 6 year history, so it has to be major when Danielson, Aries or even Nigel winning it back happens.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

No one in ROH seems right for the belt, right now. Nigel's boring as fuck and I can't see Dragon being any better. Aries is turning heel, Tyler's not ready yet as they need to test him for a bit as a face to see if he'll be over and Jimmy Jacobs doesn't care for championships. Meanwhile Roddy Strong has been buttfucked by the booking.

If I was Pearce I'd try as hard as I can to get Low Ki back, because he's seriously the best option, imo. I would have liked for them to put it on Marafuji, but it's a bit late for that now. =/

Kizza

No one in ROH seems right for the belt, right now. Nigel's boring as fuck and I can't see Dragon being any better. Aries is turning heel, Tyler's not ready yet as they need to test him for a bit as a face to see if he'll be over and Jimmy Jacobs doesn't care for championships. Meanwhile Roddy Strong has been buttfucked by the booking.

If I was Pearce I'd try as hard as I can to get Low Ki back, because he's seriously the best option, imo. I would have liked for them to put it on Marafuji, but it's a bit late for that now. =/

Too bad Ki signed for WWE...

D-LO FOR WORLD CHAMP!

Montana

I would have to think Paul London would be heading back to ROH sooner than later with London already being booked at PWG.

So i would assume London may be a top contender in the upcoming months.

I'm kinda liking black as a face, BUT i dont think he's ready as a face, just yet. My problem is with how he turned face. He pretty much just got his ass kicked and was a face because the NY fans cheered him.

But i agree with BKB, Low Ki, may be out of the question, but htey need someone new to "rock the world" and upset Nigel. (not D-Lo, at least not for the title)

Beer Money Army

d'lo shouldnt beat nigel...(i don't know if tyler will be roh champ now, sicne he is FIP.., But i see him a future roh champ just not in this time)

My choices are either Bryan Danielson or Davey richards or roderick strong....

Not many people talk richards.. but He has the look that can sell, Wrestles greatly, his promo are yeah not too bad.. But with Sweeney it is great...

but to think about if they put richards with belt, it could draw envy from Chris hero and could build a disssension between sweeney/hero and ending with sweeney siding with Richards...

for danielson reason: Cause he's THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!

for strong: former roh tag champ, a SOTF winner, former FIP world champ.. the man has been in ROH for about 5 yrs now.. he has show case some great matches within ROH.. matches with Punk, styles, gibson, danielson, Pac, Evans, aries.. Plus he has been in alot of great tag matches.. the man has basically done it all in ROH except for ROH world Title.. I think 2009 could be strong year...

Qwake

for strong: former roh tag champ, a SOTF winner, former FIP world champ.. the man has been in ROH for about 5 yrs now.. he has show case some great matches within ROH.. matches with Punk, styles, gibson, danielson, Pac, Evans, aries.. Plus he has been in alot of great tag matches.. the man has basically done it all in ROH except for ROH world Title.. I think 2009 could be strong year...

I agree with all of this but the way Strong has been booked as of late may take the chance of him becoming champ away or maybe delay it for a while anyway. He deserves to be Champion.

I agree with more people on the Tyler Black thing, he's good in ring and everything but he has only just become face and since being face ass been beaten up by Aries and Jacobs and not much else. Within time he could become Champion and next year if not late this year he should definitely be the new World Champion.

Roucka

Reaction score
I hate Nigel as the champion I don't think Tyler black is ready to be champion he was good in the age of fall he should stick to being in a tag team.Now Aries he should be champ really his I quit match with jimmy jacobs was great.