Two Scoops Suggestions For Success

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Since alot of ideas are being thrown around about increasing activity, I've decided to post 3-4 ideas of my own that may or may not help out activity. Take it for what you will, this is just me shooting the shit and not wanting it to get lost in a sea of text like it would if I just normally posted this as a reply to the thread of origin.

1) Write your own shows. If your the type who loses interest because of lack of feedback, your in a lose lose situation. Because you have to spend most of your days reading other BTB's in order to get feedback for your own show. So your going to suffer burn out rather quickly, so screw reviews. Write your shows because its something for you to do in your spare time and if nobody reads, i'd say its better than getting a dozen reviews that just say "awesome job!"

2) Someone actually FOLLOW THROUGH with a BTB Blog or Column. If option #1 is not your cup of tea, and you find yourself reading through a bunch of shows anyway, put up a "BTB Weekly Events" post say, every Saturday evening where you recap all the important events that have happened in the BTB's you read. Help get OTHER people excited in BTB by going "Hey, you should check out this this and this BTB because of this this and this".

3) Don't put other newbie BTBers down by saying their show sucks or that their BTB wont last for 2 shows. You drive away other people who otherwise, even if you don't like their BTB, will get excited and loyally provide feedbacks for other people. What you need right now is increased activity and acceptance of even amatuer writers. Not elitist prick mentality of "you cant write". A crappy toned review is worse than no review at all.

4) Tournaments are failed ideas. They always will fail. So instead of having "tournaments" between BTBers that suck away their time from their actual show, how about having weekly rewards and competitions? This is where a mod will be needed. Because each Booker would send the moderator one match that they wrote that week that they feel was the best of the show. Then that moderator puts all those matches together and posts a "show" so to speak with all the best matches of the week in there. And then the members vote on whos match was the best. Most votes by the end of the week wins the award which is announced on the NEXT week where a whole new poll is set up.

Hope these ideas helped spark some other ideas or creativity. If anyone likes them say so, if you dont like them, say so. Whatever works for you.

-TJ-

Actually I like ideas 2 and 4 a alot. That would really put a spark into the section.

Moonlight Drive

I agree with all those really, especially the tournaments one. 3 is very good for those who complain about 'no activity', maybe if we took into account some of the people's experience when reviewing shows they'd stick around. We all sucked at the beginning.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Now one of the reasons I don't review all that often is because most of the time I can see my advice getting ignored.

Good stuff but I think I like most of the idea but one I can suggest is stop these threads about decreasing activity and do something about it, review do stuff like that and you will get a much better atmosphere around here.

Moonlight Drive

I'm REALLY liking that Number 2 idea. I may have to do something like that.