Two Mystery Signees

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So tonight there's supposed to be 2 mystery signees. One of whom will be in the Face of the Revolution ladder match. The other I guess will just be showing up. There's a lot of speculation on who it could be, as Paul Wight f.k.a Big Show, said it would be someone worthy of being in the hall of fame.

The top guesses so far have been:
Brock Lesnar
Kurt Angle
Christian
Rob Van Dam
Big Show himself as a swerve
and anyone from NJPW

I personally, wouldn't even know who they would get. It is funny that RVD left Impact recently and it would be no surprise if he entered into the ladder match. Lesnar is on there because he is a free agent, so it's not outside of the realm of possibility. Kurt Angle has posted a teaser on his Twitter, but I don't think it's him. Christian is allegedly a free agent, so we'll see what happens there. There's also Tanahashi as a possibility.

On a side note, Punk has already denied rumors that it is him. Who do you all think it could be?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kurt Angle and Big Show as a swerve probably. I doubt Lesnar wrestles for anyone other Vince, RVD is half-dead. Christian sounds interesting but (see:RVD). A New Japan signing might be possible too.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I can't work out who it will be I think it's gonna be someone underwhelming Withnell way it's hyped up

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

The Fiend

Reaction score
The rock has been mentioned all week
So has Batista but I think we can rule those two out
Brock would be the major signing as it could open the door for people like Cain Valesquez to join AEW
Cain has been training for quite a while and his in ring skills are not bad
He has potential

in reality though
Kurt Angle and Christian seem the likely duo

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
No way The Rock goes wrestles anywhere, but the WWE. He doesn't need the money, he does it for Vince and he does it because he loves the WWE. Batista also recently said he's completely done, and similarly to The Rock, only does wrestling shows for Vince and WWE because he likes Vince and the WWE.

The Fiend

Reaction score
The Rock has admitted he’s a fan of AEW and it’s product and the fact that he worked a show for tna
I believe it was a hall of fame induction speech but still he made an appearance on another show
It seems very unlikely but if he would do one three month feud with someone like omega
They know it’s going to be a major payday.
I am not willing to rule it out entirely yet lol

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Rock has admitted he’s a fan of AEW and it’s product and the fact that he worked a show for tna
I believe it was a hall of fame induction speech but still he made an appearance on another show
It seems very unlikely but if he would do one three month feud with someone like omega
They know it’s going to be a major payday.
I am not willing to rule it out entirely yet lol

When did The Rock work a show for TNA?

Regardless, there's a difference between a Hall of Fame speech and actually signing a contract to be an exclusive talent. Beyond that, he's talked about a bunch of wrestling, just because he watches AEW doesn't mean he's gonna sign for them.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Non-paid, video speech for one of his good friends. A far cry from signing with another company.

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
Man I'm starting to think more & more it's Kurt but I still think it's weird to refer to him as Hall Of Fame "worthy"

I think the whole Big Show turn thing started as fan speculation.

I thought Christian before any of that or Mark Henry judging by his interview last week saying "I will be having notable matches in upcoming months & it won't be me pushing around on 1 leg on some scooter like on the legends show"

The same show his buddy Big Show was upset about.

Maybe Christian Cage in the ladder match?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think those saying that Big Show is talking about himself as the mystery signee may be correct. He just gave a clue and that clue was that no one in AEW can outwork this guy.

That makes it seem obvious to be just him, IMO

Reactions: FlandyOrton

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
I think those saying that Big Show is talking about himself as the mystery signee may be correct. He just gave a clue and that clue was that no one in AEW can outwork this guy.

That makes it seem obvious to be just him, IMO
Man I heard that and immediately thought the same.

Kind of a let down after its been built up so much

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Man I heard that and immediately thought the same.

Kind of a let down after its been built up so much

But maybe that is why they have the mystery opponent in the ladder match. They knew people would be irritated by this one, so why not have an actual new person in the ladder match?

Who knows? But I am pretty sure now he is talking about himself

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
But maybe that is why they have the mystery opponent in the ladder match. They knew people would be irritated by this one, so why not have an actual new person in the ladder match?

Who knows? But I am pretty sure now he is talking about himself
Yeah I dunno... starting to feel as disappointing as a WWE build up