Twitch Prime Will Include Ads

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
One of Twitch Prime's big attractions is ad-free viewing: If you subscribe to the service, you don't have to put up with any advertisements cluttering up your viewing experience. As of October 15, however, that will no longer be the case.

"As we have continued to add value to Twitch Prime, we have also re-evaluated some of the existing Twitch Prime benefits. As a result, universal ad-free viewing will no longer be part of Twitch Prime for new members, starting on September 14," Twitch said in a blog post.

"Twitch Prime members with monthly subscriptions will continue to get ad-free viewing until October 15. If you already have an annual subscription, or if you upgrade to an annual subscription before September 14, you will continue with ad-free viewing until your next renewal date."

Why the change? Twitch said that advertising is "an important source of support" for streamers on the service, and ending universal ad-free viewing through Prime "will strengthen and expand that advertising opportunity for creators so they can get more support from their viewers for doing what they love."

Source

So Twitch is doing something for their creators to ensure they get revenue.
Now if only YouTube would start caring more about their content creators.....

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Source

So Twitch is doing something for their creators to ensure they get revenue.
Now if only YouTube would start caring more about their content creators.....

Would be nice but they don't give a shit. They honestly seem like they are more concerned with making their content creators as frustrated and screw them out of as much revenue as possible.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Would be nice but they don't give a shit. They honestly seem like they are more concerned with making their content creators as frustrated and screw them out of as much revenue as possible.
Yeah seems that way. It just seems so unfair what they do to people on there.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah seems that way. It just seems so unfair what they do to people on there.

I've known several horror narrators who do YouTube full time as their only job who have gotten their channels demonetized for something called "Duplication." Not only will YouTube not explain to them what Duplication means, they won't tell the content creators which videos caused this problem. They give no information to the content creator at all other than "Duplication."

Not the way to run a business but they can get away with it because they're Google, one of the three biggest companies in the world.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've known several horror narrators who do YouTube full time as their only job who have gotten their channels demonetized for something called "Duplication." Not only will YouTube not explain to them what Duplication means, they won't tell the content creators which videos caused this problem. They give no information to the content creator at all other than "Duplication."

Not the way to run a business but they can get away with it because they're Google, one of the three biggest companies in the world.

That is business to them. I am guessing it has something to do with verbal copyright issues. Who knows though. It isn't fair to punish everyone for a few bad eggs. What they should do, and I have said this for years now, is make ratings. Like if a video is rated M (mature) then ads that can work for that would be condoms as an example. Commercials fit for adults. Those channels may not earn as much as they once did but it is better than videos not earning anything at all. YouTube isn't just for children and I am sick of them treating it like it is.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That is business to them. I am guessing it has something to do with verbal copyright issues. Who knows though. It isn't fair to punish everyone for a few bad eggs. What they should do, and I have said this for years now, is make ratings. Like if a video is rated M (mature) then ads that can work for that would be condoms as an example. Commercials fit for adults. Those channels may not earn as much as they once did but it is better than videos not earning anything at all. YouTube isn't just for children and I am sick of them treating it like it is.

Some of us thought the duplication thing had something to do with using other material, like reading stories from reddit or something like that. But there was one guy whose content is 100% original, he writes it, he uses his own videos, everything and he got hit with duplication too. No one knows what it is but the agreement you join when you become a YouTube "partner" pretty much allows them to do whatever they want and not explain it to their "partners."

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Some of us thought the duplication thing had something to do with using other material, like reading stories from reddit or something like that. But there was one guy whose content is 100% original, he writes it, he uses his own videos, everything and he got hit with duplication too. No one knows what it is but the agreement you join when you become a YouTube "partner" pretty much allows them to do whatever they want and not explain it to their "partners."
I mean that is their right to do what they please but that don't make it right. That is the case for a lot of crap today, just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it "right". I don't know if things will get better with YouTube but I hope it does. I really want to start up a gaming channel. It will be for fun but earning on there would be a blessing if it was possible. It seems like they punish just about anyone these days.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean that is their right to do what they please but that don't make it right. That is the case for a lot of crap today, just because you have the right to do something doesn't make it "right". I don't know if things will get better with YouTube but I hope it does. I really want to start up a gaming channel. It will be for fun but earning on there would be a blessing if it was possible. It seems like they punish just about anyone these days.

Yeah it's hard to fight it because there are no video platforms that can compete with YouTube. Vidme was growing but they went out of business :(

I agree, it's not right. But it's set up in such a way that it is difficult to really fight it.

The Utah Gun Exchange started a service called UGETube and I plan on supporting them. But they won't get the same amount of traffic YouTube gets simply because they are an outspoken right wing second amendment supporting group. Now while I have ZERO problem with that at all, having such a distinct political philosophy and trying to start a video sharing service for everyone... it creates a problem.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to fight it because there are no video platforms that can compete with YouTube. Vidme was growing but they went out of business :emoji_slight_frown:

I agree, it's not right. But it's set up in such a way that it is difficult to really fight it.

The Utah Gun Exchange started a service called UGETube and I plan on supporting them. But they won't get the same amount of traffic YouTube gets simply because they are an outspoken right wing second amendment supporting group. Now while I have ZERO problem with that at all, having such a distinct political philosophy and trying to start a video sharing service for everyone... it creates a problem.

Politics today... It is just a mess. It is like if person A doesn't agree with person B on everything and anything, well they must be an enemy. I don't agree with a lot of things people say or do but it isn't my place to judge them. I actually watch videos on YouTube from all sorts of people from different background and beliefs, including atheists. I can separate that from the person and see them as they are.

A lot of people don't do that these days so when they see something like "Video platform offers alternative to YouTube... BUT THEY SUPPORT GUNS!" you know that will turn into people calling them kid killers and everything else they do because people just jump to extremes without any logical reasoning anymore and it is a shame. Not only does not being able to put aside differences hurt businesses but it hurts communities and unities between people.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Politics today... It is just a mess. It is like if person A doesn't agree with person B on everything and anything, well they must be an enemy. I don't agree with a lot of things people say or do but it isn't my place to judge them. I actually watch videos on YouTube from all sorts of people from different background and beliefs, including atheists. I can separate that from the person and see them as they are.

A lot of people don't do that these days so when they see something like "Video platform offers alternative to YouTube... BUT THEY SUPPORT GUNS!" you know that will turn into people calling them kid killers and everything else they do because people just jump to extremes without any logical reasoning anymore and it is a shame. Not only does not being able to put aside differences hurt businesses but it hurts communities and unities between people.

Yeah, I have no problem with UGETube and I think it's important to have an alternative to YouTube. UGETube started because YouTube was demonetizing content with guns and then they noticed they were demonetizing horror channels too and anything with violence. So they started and they created an agreement that no channel will ever be demonetized for any reason. I like it. You know I am a liberal who supports the second amendment, so the gun thing of course doesn't bother me. But the gun thing is not the point. The point is the Utah Gun Exchange may support the second amendment, but they are making a point with UGETube that they support the first amendment too... and that is the point some people are missing.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I don't watch twitch like, ever, but I do know that this is something that doesn't necessarily help their content creators, instead it's a way to try and increase profits.

If you had twitch prime and an ad was supposed to play, it still counted as if you watched an ad. They got the money anyway. So now they're removing a feature from twitch prime, and making you pay for it with twitch turbo.

This was floating around reddit earlier today -
dydQWQA.jpg

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't watch twitch like, ever, but I do know that this is something that doesn't necessarily help their content creators, instead it's a way to try and increase profits.

If you had twitch prime and an ad was supposed to play, it still counted as if you watched an ad. They got the money anyway. So now they're removing a feature from twitch prime, and making you pay for it with twitch turbo.

This was floating around reddit earlier today -
dydQWQA.jpg

I don't see the big deal with Prime linking to Twitch without removing ads. The way they had this working was if you had an Amazon Prime account, you can use it to block ads on a channel of your choice. So unless Amazon was covering the difference, the people doing this to streamers wasn't helping them earn more.

I could be getting that wrong but either way, Twitch is still treating their creators better than YouTube lol. Also, I didn't know who Ninja was until like 3 months ago and I have been watching things on Twitch for almost 2 years.

:dawg: