TWC Mafia!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Is this the impending end of the brand split?

WWE(R) Pay-Per-Views To Follow WrestleMania(R) Formula

STAMFORD, Conn.--In the spirit that has made WrestleMania the premier brand in the pay-per-view industry, every future World Wrestling Entertainment pay-per-views will feature talent and storylines from all three WWE programs: -- "Monday Night RAW®," "Friday Night SmackDown®," and "ECW®: Extreme Championship Wrestling(TM)."

Starting with Backlash® on April 29, WWE fans will see all their favorite Superstars on every pay-per-view. This is a change from 2005 and 2006, when only four of WWE's 16 pay-per-views featured talent from more than one WWE brand.

"We have seen over the past two years that WWE pay-per-views have significantly better buy rates when more than one WWE brand is involved," said Kurt Schneider, Executive Vice President, Marketing. "WrestleMania, with an average of one million buys per event over the past three years, is the perfect example. This new direction will give our fans more of what they want in every one of our pay-per-views."

Schneider said that the tri-branded WWE pay-per-views will benefit from promotion on all three WWE prime time programs - "Monday Night RAW," (USA, 9/8C), "Friday Night SmackDown," (CW, 8/7C)and "ECW: Extreme Championship Wrestling" (Tuesdays, SCI FI, 10/9C). WWE has had the No. 1 prime time shows on USA, SCI FI, and The CW each week in January and February among households and total viewers, compared to programs with two or more telecasts. Throughout January and February, WWE programs reached 15.7 million viewers in 10.8 million households during the average week.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE), can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

CenaMark54

This could be good and bad at the same time. On the good side we get to see the top tier guys at every PPV. On the bad side, with one PPV a month, there is the possibility that feuds will grow stale much faster than they should.

If they are going to have Cena, Batista, HHH, HBK, Orton, Taker and Edge on every PPV they better have a draft or make trades because we can only see Cena vs Edge or HHH vs HBK so many times before it starts to get old and there are no big matches left for the big 4 PPV's.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This could be good and bad at the same time. On the good side we get to see the top tier guys at every PPV. On the bad side, with one PPV a month, there is the possibility that feuds will grow stale much faster than they should.

If they are going to have Cena, Batista, HHH, HBK, Orton, Taker and Edge on every PPV they better have a draft or make trades because we can only see Cena vs Edge or HHH vs HBK so many times before it starts to get old and there are no big matches left for the big 4 PPV's.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

The only thing that I would like to see happen now is cut down on the amount of ppv's. 8 per year is more than enough. Do we really need one a month?

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
As long as the company makes a profit on them they'll keep happaning. Another few disasters like D2R might change their minds.

The Brand Split is still a good idea and it makes sense to mix things up a little more, can't really say anymore untill a few months down the line when we'll know what sort of direction they go in. Interbrand matchs every month or brand specific matchs on the same show?

SAL

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Let's get a game of mafia going. I've got some fun games that I've done in the past, and I think it would be good to get this going over here.

For those of you who don't know how Mafia works: everyone in the game is a member of a town. Some members are good guys (or townies), and some are bad guys (or mafia). The mafia's goal is to take control of the town. Each round of the game is one day. The town can lynch members during the day by vote. At night the mafia can kill members of the town. Some town members will have special roles that will help them figure out who's in the mafia or protect other townies. If we get the game going, I'll put the rules up in greater detail.

So, I'm looking for maybe 15 people to play. Who's interested? Sign up here.

1. KaneMM
2. TheGShow
3. PHX

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Long as I get some kind of idea of what to do I'll give it a go.

SAL

Reaction score
Here are the rules I'll post if/when we ever get the game going. I'd like at least 12 people to start, and I'll take as many as 20.

Below are the standard rules for a game of Mafia.

1. Every game has a moderator. The moderator of this game will be me (Troy & Abed). Before I get into the rules, I should clarify my role. I create the rules for the game. I determine (randomly) which players will have which roles. I enforce the game's rules. For the purposes of the game, I am the law. Whatever I say goes. If I make a mistake at any point, I will do my best to fix it immediately or take action to undo it.

2. When the game begins, you will receive a PM from the moderator (me). That PM will contain your role. It will first tell you whether you are a townie or a member of the mafia. You will also be told if you have a specific role. You should never quote from a moderator's PM. If you have a special role, you may or may not be able to tell other players what your role is; that will be indicated to you in the PM you receive from the moderator.

3. If you forget your role and delete the PM I send you, that is your fault. If I can, I will remind you what your role is, but I can't make any promises.

4. The game consists of days and nights. It will begin with a night phase. During night phases, the mafia will have the ability to kill a member of the town. Members of the town with special roles will be able to use them during the night.

5. During day phases of the game, the town's job is to find the members of the mafia. Every day, the town will have a chance to kill one of its members. The kill happens (and the day ends) once a majority of the players have selected someone to kill. You vote to kill a player by writing "Kill Player X" in bold. You may change your vote at any time during the day. Once the day ends, you may not change your vote.

6. This is a list (NOT a comprehensive list) of potential town roles:

Town Police Officer (can investigate players at night)
Town Doctor (can choose players to save from the mafia)
Town Vigilante (may be given the ability to kill another player)
Town Masons (two town members who can communicate with each other)

7. During the day, you are allowed to vote for a "no kill." If a majority of players vote for a no kill, or the deadline runs out before a majority of players agree to a vote, the day will end without a death.

8. Do NOT discuss this game outside the game thread, unless your role specifically allows you to do so.

9. Do NOT edit/delete a post. Everything you post in the game is meant to go into record. If you made even a typographical mistake, do NOT edit it.

10. As a moderator, I will report news to the town at the beginning of each day. Generally, the only news I will have for you is who died, or that nobody died. I will try to make these comical. Don't read anything into the report.

11. Joking in the thread is fine, but don't go too far off-topic and let it become spam.

12. This game is no fun unless the players are active. Please make an effort to post at least once every "day." If you're unavailable for a couple of days that's fine. But I will make an effort to prod inactive players, and if inactivity persists I may remove you from the game.

13. Each "day" and "night" period will last a set period of time, to be announced ahead of time.

14. Details of the game may become confusing at times. If you have any questions, or you don't know whether you can say something, PM me (the moderator). I will answer all questions as best I can. For example, if you're the doctor and you don't know whether you can tell the town you're the doctor, I can advise you. If you want to know who's in the mafia, well, I can't help you with that obviously.