Trolling about Callihan's NXT gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor1

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
NoDQ.com said:
Sources say that Triple has personally assigned Sami Callihan's new name and gimmick. Sources say that Triple H sees the same potential he sees in Curtis Axel so the inference could be made that Sami Callihan will be getting a big push when brought up to the main roster. The gimmick he has been given is a Surfing gimmick. His new name will be Joey Splashwater. Triple H says this gimmick will work because it worked with Sandman and surfers are kind of aggressive. Also Sami Callihan looks like a surfer.

I'd give it a chance.

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think that this gimmick could actually go over

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Surfer gimmick....pure genius........Surfers are really hardcore & aggressive

Fullofit

The Artiste
Reaction score
Too bad Sharkboy isn't in WWE, they could've had a feud.

Reactions: Testify

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I think they are trying to succeed with Sami Callihan that they failed with Tyler Reks. If you don't remember Tyler Reks had a surfer gimmick when he first debuted. Maybe Callihan's finisher is like a surfboard shit or something like that.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I don't mind the gimmick, I think Sami can make it work instead of the crazy gimmick that Ambrose has, but the only problem I have is the name. Splashwater? Is he a wrestler, or did someone rename their Magikarp on a pokemon game, and they decided to name him through that.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Joey Splashwater? Lame. That gave me this odd reaction: :meh: + :lol1:

Ah well, it's Callihan so will deal with it and hope it does go over well, but sheesh.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
...Joey....Splashwater? Change the fucking name, and that gimmick will be horrible as hell.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Sami Callihan looks like a surfer? I did not know that.
Also, surfers are aggressive? I did not know that either.

Oh, HHH, enlighten us more often, please! :lool:

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I want to give this a chance since it seems like something different. I mean, I've seen a couple of Sami's promos before and know he can play the psychotic side of a person real well but we also have a handful of psychos already (Ambrose, the Wyatt Family, etc.) and maybe a surfer gimmick will be something different.... Especially an 'aggressive' surfer. Maybe he can use a surf board as a weapon when the referee isn't looking. Sure, it's not exactly a sledge hammer or brass knuckles, but it can probably put an eye out and get the job done.

But I can't take it seriously .... Not when the guy's name is Joey Splashwater. That surname makes me think he'll be booked as a lame ass for sure. Just call him Sami Callahan. There's nothing wrong with that name, especially since there's few things more awesome than having the last name of "Dirty Harry" Harry Callahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.