Triple H is the new Chairman of the WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
If you missed Raw tonight, at the end Triple H came out and announced that the board had made him the new chairman and let Vince go.

What are your thoughts on this?

Was it just a way to get Cena un-fired?

Will Punk come back now, since he said the company will be better when Triple H takes over?

Where does this leave the Raw GM laptop shit?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I think it's just a way to get Cm Punk back on TV, and hopefully this whole anonymous GM shit ends i don't think it will though. The whole thing should be pretty intresting.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think it's all the above. Stops the need for the GM, stops Cena from being fired and this opens the door for Triple H to be the one who gets Punk to resign and maybe even feud which would be pretty amazing.

The Boondocks

Reaction score
If you missed Raw tonight, at the end Triple H came out and announced that the board had made him the new chairman and let Vince go.

What are your thoughts on this?

Well he brought in Sin Cara. I think it can only go uphill from here. He's got a mind for the business, and he learned from Vince himself. I don't expect too many changes

Was it just a way to get Cena un-fired?

I think it might have, but moreso I think Cena getting fired was a way just to get Trips to take over, storyline wise.

Will Punk come back now, since he said the company will be better when Triple H takes over?

Punk said it won't get better when his family takes over.

Where does this leave the Raw GM laptop shit?

I hope HHH ditches the Anon. GM and appoints himself the new GM. So sick of the damn laptop.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I would even love for Triple H to get back in the ring, sort of how it was back in mid 1999-2000 when he and Stehanie kind of took over, and wrestled and had authority to do the things a GM would do.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
kf4itx.gif

I think this goes one of two ways:

- Vince gets to stay home in peace and only work in the office, while people get adjusted to him as the man

- Vince brings Punk back and they team up with his ROH buddies and some loyalists and end up splitting Raw in factions so to speak with HHH and Cena on the other side

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
2nd idea sounds cool and all but wouldn't make a lot of sense considering Vince tried to screw Punk out the title and Punk made Vince look like a dumb ass basically.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He hates dufus more of course

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
idk it seems like a toss up lol. Whatever they do Punk is obviously gonna tie into it one way or another and should be pretty interesting. I think this is just a way to take Vince off T.V again as an on air character and let HHH basically be this generations Vince on screen.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah Vince has done a lot of this stuff to get himself off TV the past couple years, this one is most intresting though can't wait for next Monday.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well damn apparently this is legit.

At the end of Monday's episode of RAW, we saw Triple H return to television and announce that he would be taking over Vince McMahon's duties behind the scenes, effectively relieving Vince of his day-to-day duties.

Former WWE star Sean Waltman went on Twitter following RAW and said that Vince McMahon really is stepping down from his job as Chairman and CEO:

"The text [Triple H] sent me today makes much more sense now. That was the real deal, that last 5 or however many minutes."

Waltman also noted that WWE should "careful that this doesn't really affect the stock price."

WWE's stock is already down over 30% this year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
-- Darren Rovell, a sports business reporter for CNBC, noted on his Twitter account that last night's angle on Raw in which Vince McMahon was relieved of his duties of WWE chief and replaced by his son-in-law, Triple H, may cause issues with WWE stock.

"The No. 1 material risk against WWE stock is Vince McMahon leaving the business," Rovell wrote. "Tonight's plot could be an SEC violation."
It's the Donald Trump saga all over again.

Anyway if they are going to ahead with the angle and have Trips running it, then i'd like to think they are gonna have it come across as him ushering in a new era.

Obviously the first thing he gets to do is the crown the new WWE champ and possibly with a brand new belt even though I actually like the current one.

Possibly "fly out" to Chicago to hold private talks with Punk to get him to return.

Bring and end to the Anonymous GM bullshit and either declare himself fully in charge, or temporarily until he can find someone to fill that void (Nash, Foley?)

It's got great promise has this angle, hope this mini roll the WWE is on continues.

Black Sanchez

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Vince will stick around for the business/finance expenses for the stock for now while Hunter is going to take care of the creative aspects of the company and be an on-screen presence of authority. Still, changes are being made and I'm liking what's been going on for the past five weeks with the strong endings from Raw.

chucho

Reaction score
I think this is setting up for a austin vs vince but instead you will have Cm punk and HHH. Since punk can not get his match with austin at mania then this is the 2nd best option.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sean Waltman tweets and I'm supposed to think that this on-air angle is legit? These dirtsheets are getting lazy in this Twitter age.

I don't care about stock prices as much I don't care about ratings. That is there concern not ours.