Triple H hasn’t produced any stars in NXT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
From - https://nodq.com/opinions/614624634.shtml

I have been on this kick for a few years now, as proven by my columns at my previous employer plus also a column posted here on NoDQ from August 18th, 2020 entitled Maybe WWE Has a Triple H Problem?. Now, many of you are just calling me a "Triple H Hater" which is the Easy Button criticism when legitimate facts are posted surrounding my opinions. The FACT remains that Triple H's job since mid 2012 has not produced a top drawing Main Eventer. In fact, he is only technically responsible for 3 Champions with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Braun Strowman. After that, the guys were signed and trained by Jim Ross or John Laurinaitis's system or even World Championship Wrestling.
I have been on this kick for a few years now, as proven by my columns at my previous employer plus also a column posted here on NoDQ from August 18th, 2020 entitled Maybe WWE Has a Triple H Problem?. Now, many of you are just calling me a "Triple H Hater" which is the Easy Button criticism when legitimate facts are posted surrounding my opinions. The FACT remains that Triple H's job since mid 2012 has not produced a top drawing Main Eventer. In fact, he is only technically responsible for 3 Champions with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, and Braun Strowman. After that, the guys were signed and trained by Jim Ross or John Laurinaitis's system or even World Championship Wrestling.

The NXT deal with USA Network has really exposed Triple H's "smoke & mirrors" with his NXT promotion and how wrestlers are being trained. It's one thing to carefully prepare for 3-4 Pay Per Views a year in which wrestlers can go all out for those shows... It's another when you have to put on a 2 hour show each week. THAT has exposed what I have thought for years about the Takeover shows. Having to present his Performance Center students and other signed Indy stars on a show for 2 hours has exposed how weak of an idea man he is on Creative and how poorly wrestlers are being trained by Matt Bloom and others at the Performance Center. All I hear lately are complaints about how DULL the NXT show is on USA Network. You cannot complain about the NXT show on one hand and then question my opinion about how Triple H is managing the Talent on the other.

This is an Early Adopter take on Triple H that I believe you'll start to hear echoes of in a few weeks or a few months as NXT continues to disappoint and how his many WWE call-ups continue to not impress. Edge is seriously 47 years old and coming off a torn Tricep injury and yet THAT is who Vince McMahon wanted to push to headline Wrestlemania 36. That is a total indictment of the entire WWE main roster because they weren't good enough to headline Wrestlemania 37. If you don't believe me, tell me specifically who should be wrestling Roman Reigns or Drew McIntyre instead.

There is a reason why John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker for a while, Triple H when needed, and now Edge are still receiving top spots. The rest of the WWE roster, mostly constructed now by Triple H, isn't cutting it. The call-ups since the Shield (all 3 were Laurinaitis signings) have been subpar on the Men's side. I remember when I started watching NXT shows, everyone kept telling me about Finn Balor and how great he was... When I watched him, I was like "this guy would be jobbing to Rey Mysterio in the WCW Cruiserweight Division 20 years ago". I did forget to mention Finn Balor winning the World Title at that one SummerSlam in my recent column, but he was such a brief champion and made ZERO impact upon his return from injury that I forgot about him.

There's problems in the WWE Developmental System... If you want to keep blaming Vince McMahon's Creative Team ideas, then I'll point to you how POOR the creative team was during the 2000s when Jim Ross and John Laurinaitis were supplying the talent. REMEMBER, Steve Austin walked out on the WWE TWICE due to issues with the Creative Team and how they were using his character. And then you follow that with the Katie Vick angle, Lita getting pregnant, Hot Lesbian Action, Vince McMahon blowing up in a Limo, and onward. Developmental stars from Ohio Valley Wrestling were destroyed. Go ask Doug Basham about his experience getting his head shaved to form the Basham Brothers.

In a major contrast to Jim Ross or John Laurinaitis as Talent Relations VPs, Triple H is actually ON the Creative Team. Therefore, all of his NXT call-ups to the WWE roster have a competitive advantage on getting pushed and even then, his World Title counts among his signed talent falls short. Part of the reason why the Revival (FTR) left the WWE was due to the main failed promises kept by Triple H on the main WWE roster.

Sure, Vince McMahon is the CEO/President and Board Chairman of the WWE... He owns a lot of responsibility for how RAW and Smackdown are presented and which talent are used. But I believe he made a major mistake during mid-2012 by placing Triple H in charge of Talent and the Family Man in him cannot course correct to disappoint his son-in-law and his daughter Stephanie. He's STUCK... Meanwhile, Triple H, who is technically still in charge of the Creative Team since late 2013, has been going through the motions on the WWE roster and has zero challenges to Vince to improve. Now that he has a BORING NXT show on USA Network, he has zero credibility on the Creative Team more than ever.

If I were the WWE, I'd seriously consider bringing John Laurinaitis back as Talent Relations EVP and when Jim Ross's contract comes up during April 2022 at AEW, I'd consider signing him to oversee Talent Relations again too. Give Laurinaitis and Ross a big staff to do the legwork of this process and to teach employees how to scout and groom talent that will work well in the WWE. Go sign Rip Rogers as the head trainer of the Performance Center, too... He was masterful in Ohio Valley Wrestling and has taught others to perform well lately (including Pat McAfee!). Maybe ditch that Performance Center, as it coddles wrestlers too much. Why I consider Braun Strowman a failure from Triple H's system is due to his attitude of thinking that he "paid dues" by working at the Center for years and bashing Indy wrestlers for the work they do. That's a joke and a product of HHH's system.

Just you wait, folks... You'll see this Triple H opinion echoed by many throughout the Internet Wrestling Community in a few weeks or months... Many of them will act like they innovated that opinion. Sadly for them, all of my columns are dated and timestamped

610,000 NXT show viewers from 2/3/2021 on USA Network says what?

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
My thoughts: Triple H has zero clue about wrestling and never has, he’s always been a solid B player, but never a real draw, especially compared to his Attitude era contemporaries like Rock, Austin, Kurt Angle, and Foley.

Vince McMahon will continue eating the blame for Stephanie and Triple H’s destruction of the WWE since they took over in mid 2002, as he is unwilling to fire them.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
One reason why I think these wrestlers are stars in NXT and seem underwhelming on the main roster is because the format of NXT is so much better than Raw or Smackdown, especially in todays day and age.

With so much content available at our fingertips nowadays 3 hour shows just don't work. I wonder what percentage of people who watch raw will watch all 3 hours every single week, I bet the % of people that watch every minute of NXT every week is higher because it's a more digestible show. I think this supports the wrestlers because they're mostly (not always) put into meaningful feuds that don't stretch over a stupid amount of time. It feels like they're filling time on Raw half the time which leads to meaningless shit that doesn't benefit the wrestlers whatsoever.

Raw won't ever change the format as it makes them the money but it sure as hell would improve the product.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
One reason why I think these wrestlers are stars in NXT...

Had to stop reading right there, NXT gets 600,000 viewers, no one in NXT is a star.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't know Alexa Bliss went into the PC a complete unknown and has become one of Raw's biggest acts.

I feel the biggest problem with the developmental system is they hire too many veterans of the indy scene.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Alexa Bliss

Not a star, no ones watching.....keep up.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah blame Triple H instead of blaming the main roster for failing to take what they have and take advantage of it. Most NXT stars come to the main roster super over and immediately get their gimmick changed or aren’t allowed to be the same wrestler they were in NXT. Triple H makes stars. Vince kills them. Triple H literally hands the main roster stars on a silver platter and they get ruined.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
NXT is on prime time cable......their inability to promote the show to Raw and smack down levels is solely on them.

Also.....Triple H can't even produce sons.....he ain't producing any stars :TI:

• Haha
Reactions: Carter

Sabretooth

Reaction score
NXT is on prime time cable......their inability to promote the show to Raw and smack down levels is solely on them.

Also.....Triple H can't even produce sons.....he ain't producing any stars :TI:

Nice :lol

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I don't know Alexa Bliss went into the PC a complete unknown and has become one of Raw's biggest acts.

I feel the biggest problem with the developmental system is they hire too many veterans of the indy scene.

They should put Kurt Angle in charge.

He was one of the best on the mic, one of the best in the ring and one of the biggest draws of the Attitude era.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Maybe it’s just harder to take a new show and make it as popular as other shows that have been on since 1993 and 1999 :toomanykobes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Most greats can't teach people how they did certain things that made them great.....shit just comes natural.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe it’s just harder to take a new show and make it as popular as other shows that have been on since 1993 and 1999 :toomanykobes
What about the other show on the same night and tHe DeMoS :lmao

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Maybe it’s just harder to take a new show and make it as popular as other shows that have been on since 1993 and 1999

Yet in 1999, they took that new show and got it more or equal viewers than the show that was on since 1993.

If NXT was good it would draw, even Raw and Smackdown don’t draw now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nothing draws.....everything across the board are down.

Terrestrial TV is dead, cable TV is gonna be there.

Comparing Nielsen ratings of today to 20 years ago is silly.....because I can say WWF 88 had more viewers than anything from the attitude Era.....but that would also be silly because the landscape is different....viewership habits are different.

Using that Meltzer/Alvarez logic