Triple H dubs Ultimate Warrior ‘Legendary’ and a ‘Hall of Fame superstar’

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
TRIPLE H has made several must-read comments on none other than the Ultimate Warrior, as well as speaking about the transition from the ring to the office and what his favorite Wrestlemania moment is. Triple H made the comments speaking to the LA Times, check them out below.

Triple H was asked in the interview if he would sign Ultimate Warrior and squash him (like he did to Triple H at Wrestlemania 12). Triple H said, “It’s funny, a lot of people bring that up in a negative way like it was this terrible thing in my life. While working with him personally wasn’t the highlight of my life from a business standpoint, for me to go to me first WrestleMania and wrestle a legendary figure in the business — and that is what he was and is — like the Ultimate Warrior, a Hall of Fame superstar in the business in my first WrestleMania appearance, squash or not, was a mind blowing thing for me.

Triple H continued, “I was thrilled to be in that position and to have that match with the Ultimate Warrior. I was thrilled with the fact that at that time Vince McMahon was willing to put me in that role. The Ultimate Warrior wasn’t there till the day of the show, so I had to do all the promotion for that match. I wanted Vince McMahon to look at me as a guy he could count on to handle the return of a guy that he was hoping would be a huge impact on the business. He had the trust in me and I would do a good job with it. So to me, that was nothing but a good experience. Potentially, I could bring him back and get the win.â€

Speaking on the transition from being a full-time wrestler to a WWE executive, Triple H said “Full-time wrestlers have fewer meetings than full-time managers do. I spend time in meetings a lot. And wearing a tie is kind of a downfall. I think it’s just learning to deal with situations in a business way as opposed to a locker room way. There is a large world of difference and you just have to learn that transition.â€

Triple H also picked out Ric Flair and Buddy Rogers as 2 people that he would like to have faced at Wrestlemania. He also picked out Hulk Hogan slamming Andre the Giant at Wrestlemania 3 as his favorite WM moment.

Very good executed answers from Triple H. I'd like to see Ultimate Warrior do one last run in the WWE even though it's highly unlikely. If he was inducted into the HOF, that'd be good too.

Warrior Responds to Triple H
In response to Triple H recently claiming in an interview that he would be open to bringing The Ultimate Warrior back to WWE, Warrior posted the following on Twitter:

gb9jok.png

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kinda with Warrior here it is pretty odd how lately they have soften their stance on him after deeming him unprofessional and trashing him in their DVD about him. Guess maybe they're doing this to get him in the HOF.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
He's gonna interfere in Cena/Rock and we're gonna get swerved the fuck out of.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah definitely looks like they are trying to soften up to get him for something. Same thing they did with Macho Man. For years they had nothing to do with him and then they started to soften up the stance, they had him do the WWE All Stars commercial and stuff.

WWe got some sort of agenda. Triple H definitely changed his stance as well cause in the DVD he called him unprofessional and stuff.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE are probably trying to get him to sign a Legends deal or get him for a future HOF induction. It is amazing to see how HHH's view has changed in the past view years, from trashing him in the DVD to singing his praises now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
WTF?????????

I've read several interviews by Triple H where he calls Ultimate Warrior the most unprofessional and self-righteous person he's ever worked with. If Triple H doesn't think WM12 was a terrible moment of his life, I dunno, maybe he shouldn't have said it numerous times?

I'm really friggin confused.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
HHH has to wear a suit now and not just for Evolution. He has to think as an exec and Warrior can make money and be a story of closure ala Bret if he gets welcomed back and goes into the HOF. COO talking, not one of the boys in the back

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bit two-faced after they stuck the hatchet in his back with that burial DVD.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WTF?????????

I've read several interviews by Triple H where he calls Ultimate Warrior the most unprofessional and self-righteous person he's ever worked with. If Triple H doesn't think WM12 was a terrible moment of his life, I dunno, maybe he shouldn't have said it numerous times?

I'm really friggin confused.
Pretty much what PSYCH said since he now works more in the front office now he has to put on a straight face and straight bullshit even if he doesn't agree with it. Thing is this isn't even believable bullshit since we all know his true feelings toward Warrior.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
No wonder he's nose looked bigger then usual he's been telling some fibs naughty naughty Triple H if your not careful Steph will have a new toy to play with if she doesn't play with the toy already.

Seriously there are multiple videos and newsites that have Triple H bagging Warrior you can't just back track them now thats beyond stupid in my view he isn't worthy of the HOF anyway (warrior) he was just a tool and unfortunatley he somehow managed to get the fans to his side.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Don't see the point in him coming back however you can argue he is legendary

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
WWE just wants to make money, period. They'll do anything to get that money. There is truly no point in bringing Warrior back.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd LOVE to see Warrior come back. Him and Ryder could team up and be The Ultimate Broski's 8D

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I don't see any point of him coming back either. He's always been a horrible wrestler.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They probs just need a credible headliner for nxt yrs HOF.