• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Triple H Confirms 205 Live Brand Is Ending, Cruiserweights Moving To NXT

Sylar

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Triple H Confirms 205 Live Brand Is Ending, Cruiserweights Moving To NXT

In an interview with Newsweek, Triple H confirmed that 205 Live brand and the cruiserweight wrestlers will move over to NXT brand. There has long been a rumor that WWE plans to cancel 205 Live before the year is over.

Here is what Triple H told Newsweek:

“You’ll start to see 205 begin to. I think it always existed as an island onto itself, a little bit, and it’s become lost in this limbo. You’ll begin to see it move more towards the NXT banner and the talent there.
We have a lot of talent. For them to begin to compete either open against anyone or in the cruiserweight division, but have that Title sit under the NXT brand is more meaningful. It creates more opportunities for more people.
As for RAW and SmackDown, it’s an open division for them. When you’re on both shows, everybody is competing against everybody.”
Will you be sad to see WWE 205 Live end?

-----

Man, we were just talking about this Chris Chris. I do think it moving to NXT brands should inspire more hope, though.

I kind of think the timing of this announcement on the heels of the 2-hour show debuting on USA makes sense.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
Bruh it's like Gambitto predicted the future :lmao

I am more okay with this since there's so much overlap between 205 and NXT already and they'll have time with the second hour of NXT so really we're just trading that 205 hour for an extra hour on NXT that the cruiswerweights can be showcased in now. Should also be good for the confusion of if 205 is considered "main roster" or not when guys appear on it bc I think WWE was technically calling it a main roster debut for them when by no means should it have counted as one. I wonder if they'll rename the title to be the NXT Cruiswerweight Championship...probably not bc the UK title is still called the WWE United Kingdom Championship despite all the other UK title not having the WWE name in them

• Haha
Reactions: Gambitto and Sylar

Sylar

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Bruh it's like Gambitto predicted the future :lmao

I am more okay with this since there's so much overlap between 205 and NXT already and they'll have time with the second hour of NXT so really we're just trading that 205 hour for an extra hour on NXT that the cruiswerweights can be showcased in now. Should also be good for the confusion of if 205 is considered "main roster" or not when guys appear on it bc I think WWE was technically calling it a main roster debut for them when by no means should it have counted as one. I wonder if they'll rename the title to be the NXT Cruiswerweight Championship...probably not bc the UK title is still called the WWE United Kingdom Championship despite all the other UK title not having the WWE name in them
I knew Gambit was on to something. You a real one Gambitto.

The problem with the UK Title is it was originally going to be WWE UK until Triple H wanted to incorporate into his Global NXT strategy so I actually think they should get a new belt made with the NXT UK branding. If the Cruiserweights won't appear on Raw or SmackDown, I think the CW belt should get NXT branding, too. There were actually rumors UK wanted a new belt, so the CW Title could even be floated between the two NXT brands after it get that NXT branding. I do like the idea of the Cruiserweights takign their hour to NXT. I just want their matches mixed throughout the show, though. I just don't want a straight hour of just he 205 matches again.

KeepItFresh

Jun 25, 2011
The Fringe Class
Gambitto should get his ass in here then so I can give him a like.

Maybe if I thought about this a little harder I would have came to a conclusion like that too but ya know I haven't been followin' NXT or 205 live for years.

OMBayBay

Hail To The King
Jun 10, 2019
Buffalo
I mean it means a 3rd title for NXT so im cool with it :) plus also means that kendrick & Gulak can put on somw good matches with NXT Roster

Kairi HoHo

A Little bit of Bubbly
Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2015
New Castle, Delaware
For sure I'm sad to hear 205 Live is ending, because their have been so great moments and Matches since it's debut. I have faith they'll find something for the CW Roster on NXT going forward.

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
There was concern of NXT over exposing their to alentó now that they’re moving to two hours. Problem solved. First hour can go to the cruiserweights and second can go to the main NXT guys

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I read the article and it doesn't seem like he ever stated that 205 Live was ending. He just said that NXT would be using their talent and vice versa, with the title also possibly being defended on NXT. Basically like NXT UK is.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimmy King

Dec 12, 2010
San Diego, CA
I read the article and it doesn't seem like he ever stated that 205 Live was ending. He just said that NXT would be using their talent and vice versa, with the title also possibly being defended on NXT. Basically like NXT UK is.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
That’s what I’ve seen people saying as well and by reading that part of the article it seems like that’s what he’s saying

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
Hopefully now they'll get a fair shake instead of being pronounced dead on arrival like they were when they made their Raw debut.

Just another self fulfilling prophecy.

Oh wait....hands on Vince will somehow ruin everything.

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
There was concern of NXT over exposing their to alentó now that they’re moving to two hours. Problem solved. First hour can go to the cruiserweights and second can go to the main NXT guys
I'd rather the rosters be mixed in than have an hour dedicated to each especially bc almost all the NXT guys are cruiserweights lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 17, 2010
England
Mixing the two brands together has been long overdue since the vast majority of the guys are just cruiserweights anyway. Part of me just thinks they should just do away with the cruiserweight aspect fullstop and just be NXT guys.

Gambitto

Aug 21, 2019
Have to say i feel honoured that HHH is stealing my ideas :side:. Being serious this is a decision that makes a lot of sense. 205 live has a lot of great talent and I think they will get more of a shine on NXT.

Reactions: KeepItFresh