Tri-branded PPV's. Good or bad?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
It's been over 6 months now since WWE have started hosting the tr-branded PPV's and I was wandering what your thoughts are.

I think they're ok but it's only benifiting ECW, who have proved they can't produce a PPV on their own. I prefer the PPV's now it has all three brands in every single one but it also has some downsides. First of all it was kinda better when there was more time to develop title feuds before the match but it's not that big of a difference imo but another thing is some people could get left off the show because in tri-branded PPV's seeing as there are more people to focus on rather than if it was one banded. My only other complaint about the tri-branded PPV's is that if it was still single branded Batista wouldn't be getting all his rematches :p

I prefer them to the normal one-brand PPV's but I kinda miss the single shows having the spotlight as well and I would like to see more corss-branded rivalry's but I'm kinda getting my wish with BDV/Kane...

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
I am not to fond of the combined PPV's. I mean when you had each show having it's own PPV (With the exception of ECW) They were able to get some of the lower level talent on their and have teir own storylines to help them get more air and face time. I mean with tri branded PPV"s it is nothing but main eventers and you see the same people evry month. Back in the day you had alot of talent being pushed and now it seems like no one even pays any attention to the younger lower level guys when they really should get the push their careers need.

The Rated R CMStar

At the beginning, it was cool to see interbrand matches in PPVs, but now I am starting to miss the normal PPVs. Yes, you get to see in a normal PPV all HBK, Batista, Taker, HHH. But I use to remember how WWE build their storylines better when they were only oe branded PPVs, I mean, now they only have like 3 weeks to build a title feud.

Switchy

Reaction score
Another thing is everyone used to look forward to the big 4 PPV's because of the fact it was the best of all three brands but now there isn't nothing special about them especially summerslam (Survivor Series has the elimination matches, RR has the Rumble and WM is just the grandaddy of them all but there isn't nothing uniqure about Summerslam) which is just like all the others now. I think it would work now that SD/ECW are having the sharing talent thing that they could share PPV's while Raw has their own so it would give ECW support and make them capable to produce a PPV and make the big 4 more important.

C4

Agreed, we used to be so excited when Summerslam or Survivor Series were around the corner but now it makes no difference! It's the same thing having No Mercy and SummerSlam, still many give importance to SummerSlam and all, one topic I would like to touch in this good topic is about the weird buy rates, The No Mercy buy rate was up than last year and was better than SummerSlam of this year, also SummerSlam had a bad year as last year more people had ordered SummerSlam on PPV which proves that yes, the tri-branded PPV's are making an impact on the Big 4 PPV's [WrestleMania, Survivor Series, SummerSlam and Royal Rumble] The Superstars seem less important because they are there on every PPV, one of the big PPV finishes and in a week or two another one starts, there were alternate PPV's between RAW and Smackdown which gave both the brands sometime to develop Superstars and make good Storylines, now it's just crap. I was against the Idea of tri-branded PPV's and still I am against the Idea.

phantomgerald

I wish they kept interpromotional matches for Summerslam. I remember when they was the Wm20 and 21 the interpromotional matches were something that I looked forward to, with the wrestlers appearing on the other wrestler's show. Now, it's so common it isn't even special anymore, and this is partly due to the tri branded PPVs, so I say no its bad. And D2D might be one to forget, but it's already been a year, and alot have changed, don't ECW deserve a second chance? If they make a PPV where all the matches are extreme rules, that would be interesting to see.

C4

I wish they kept interpromotional matches for Summerslam. I remember when they was the Wm20 and 21 the interpromotional matches were something that I looked forward to, with the wrestlers appearing on the other wrestler's show. Now, it's so common it isn't even special anymore, and this is partly due to the tri branded PPVs, so I say no its bad. And D2D might be one to forget, but it's already been a year, and alot have changed, don't ECW deserve a second chance? If they make a PPV where all the matches are extreme rules, that would be interesting to see.

That's What everyone wants to see, it be Paul Heymen, Hornswoggle, Vince Russo, Teddy Hart, C4 or phantomgerald everyone wants the Extreme style ECW back, but damn Vince McMahon has his own New "ECW" Vision which In my opinion is truly annoying and crap, I remember how much I got excited when ECW returned but looking at it now really makes me feel sad, knowing that it's the same company run under Paul Heymen in 97' :( There should be one ECW PPV where all the Matches are Extreme Rules, do it Vince don't mess around with your "New ECW Vision"

phantomgerald

^^^I'm okay if they want to keep the ECW brand as it is, but have one ECW PPV a year like ONS. It'll make ECW a whole lot more famous and better if they do it well.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I actually like the all brand PPV's. The match quality has improved in the PPV's, and feuds are longer. The problem with the old one brand PPV's were that it only had a few must see matches, but now the Undercard is strong.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I dont mind tribranded ppv's but i do prefere single brand ppv's but thats just the sign of the times now i suppose. Which ever way the do it tri or single i just wish there would be the odd 20min match threw in there i was watching inssurextion and backlash 2002 the other day and had forgot how long the matches used to be now were are lucky if they last 10 mins. But yeah id ike to see single brand ppv's back

DXHBKDX

Reaction score
tri branded ppvs are the best i like when they all get a share

btman

Reaction score
tri branded ppvs are the best i like when they all get a share

Err then again... When someone "Shines" it's not quite as bright..

It's like... OMG HBK WON THE WORLD TITLE!

Then its like.. Yeah... But we still got to see Undertaker Hell in A Cell so calm down buddy.

Travis40

I'm still loving the Tri Branded PPV's becuase it just makes the card better...look at Survivor Series...the biggest match from each brand (Orton/HBK, Taker/Batista, Miz/Nitro/Punk), maybe SS isn't the best example...let's go to GAB...if it was just a SD PPV...that PPV would've been the worst PPV in the history of the WWE...just think about it. I don't even remember the SD ME for the PPV...but I remember Lashley/Cena.

Famou$ 187

It's good because with tri-branded ppvs you get more variety on the match cards.