Tough Enough to Possibly Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's debatable whether the 80s were hotter than the Attitude Era, where kayfabe was dead and buried. Defitiely the buyrates for PPVs were never hotter than the AE. Steve Austin sold more merchandise than Hogan, so the mistique was gone and more people got involved in it. A show that showed the work in Pro-Wrestling during the zenith didn't do nothing but make it even hotter. I think a show that exposes the business, but also exposes people to the hardships will be successful.

Lance Storm is already going to do a show like this in Canada.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Shawn Spears, who enjoyed a brief stint on ECW in 2008 as Gavin Spears, has thrown his name in the hat for the upcoming season of Tough Enough.

So many names to remember from ECW when they had their New Talent Initiative where a new wrestler would debut every couple of weeks. I can remember him from there only because he had a long time between appearances and lost all three of his matches. Didn't get much of a chance to show what he could do in those three matches.

Will be interesting to see if someone who has already been on WWE television, admittedly only three matches, is allowed to make it on Tough Enough.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I've heard talks that Daniel Swagger (Who is a wrestler in Australia) is joining Tough Enough. Daniel Swagger is a big name wrestler in the Australian Wrestling Promotions so if any Aussies here don't know who he is then they've obviously not been to a Wrestling Event in Australia that isn't WWE.

This dude is decent, will he win it? I hope so because he'd be the first Australian wrestling for WWE (If I'm correct).

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
NXT i find to be a better product than tough enough for many reasons. When you think WWE, you think of story lines, A live crowd, & a bit of comedy skits in between Then of cause after all the hype is built up, you have what is created to be a must see match. Now what WWE says n what WWE does we all know are 2 different things. Thats what seems to not make things seem to be as great as we all thought or would hope for it to be. Tough Enough I can see as a show to have a contest of pure fresh people all new & young to the industry & the contract should NOT say WWE Superstar but more for a position in FCW. I think instead of having NXT WWE should air FCW on it's website as an internet broadcasting product. Thats where the young talented wrestlers can feud with none active WWE stars to help gain skills & so on. Also have the best skilled FCW wrestlers compete against each other as well. Then each year let the WWE Universe vote on who's more appealing to them & pick one winner & send them off to either Smackdown or Raw as a WWE wrestler who is going to be pushed into interesting story lines to help build their character up & so on. How ever those are just my thoughts. That way there we are all doing each other a good deed. Tough Enough comes back but for the right reasons, NXT goes away FCW comes on board but yet will still have a WWE NXT feel to it as well.