Tough Enough Is Returning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
http://www.pro-wrestling.com/news.php?a=1&n=NTY0NTQ=

UPDATE: Later in the call, they again noted that Tough Enough is returning as "original programming" on the Network. No filming or debut dates were announced.
ORIGINAL: During today's WWE's First Quarter Investors Conference Call, they were discussing ways that they will be adding content to the WWE Network. When they were listing new events (Monday Night Wars, a new season of Countdown) they listed "WWE Tough Enough". We'll have more on the story as it develops, but it sounds as if the show will be making a return via the WWE Network.

I guess resurrecting it for the fifth (or is it sixth?) time makes sense given that they'll always need more original programming for the Network, but I'm really not expecting anything out of this one. It says something about the quality of the show (or at least the quality of the competition to earn a WWE contract) when the three people who've been employed the longest from Tough Enough (Josh Matthews, Ryback, The Miz) were all losers of their given competitions. The actual winners never last long before being released. And if anything, the fact that Tough Enough gave us The Miz is enough reason to condemn the show in my eyes, but I digress.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, even though the competition is pretty much meaningless in the end, I enjoy watching the show. Good news imo.

Nick

Reaction score
How many people that were on Tough Enough have actually had success? I know some of them made the roster but never did anything. John Morrison, Miz, and Maven are the only to have ever won any titles. I'm pretty sure Cameron was on one of the seasons of Tough enough, so that's another to add to the list of still employed participants.

Reactions: Butters!

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
This doesn't mean that it's returning. It could just be the archived old seasons.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Thanks to that show we have Cameron who is holding back one of WWE's best diva's (Naomi).

I'm not very excited to see what's to come in this season but I will be watching.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one who thinks this is a good idea, particularly if they use DeMott and Austin like they did the last time, although I would add Sara Del Rey, Natalya, Trish, or Lita to the crew on the show to give us the perspective of a woman who knows how to work.

I do think the bagging on Tough Enough is a little uneven. All Tough Enough is supposed to do is give people a shot. If they don't work out in the long run, that's not WWE's fault or the show's fault. Lots of people enter lots of businesses with lots of promise, but don't work out in the long run.

wk

Reactions: Farooq

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Interesting. I do enjoy watching Tough Enough, so if they do bring it back for sure, I'll watch it.