Top TNA star asking for Release

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
Partial Source: Prowrestling.net
Frankie Kazarian asked for his release from TNA at the last set of television tapings because he's been frustrated with the creative direction for his character, Suicide. Management initially agreed to grant him the release, but AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels soothed over the situation and his release was never finalized.

I actually understand Kaz's frustration, what started out as a good storyline/fued with The Pope has gone to crap.

It started out like they would eventually unmask Suicide and let Kaz come back but then they just drifted from the storyline all together, just mentioning here and there that The Pope has issues with Suicide. Then all of a sudden Pope attacks Suicide in a match again. Then they drift apart.

Then one week for no reason Homocide comes out wearing Suicide's costume and saying he knows who he is and he just knocked him out and stole his suit. Then 3 nights later on BFG they're in the Ultimate X together and Tennay or Taz never mentions a single thing about the incident and Suicide doesn't even act like he knew about it and fought with Daniels the whole match....

Pope (I can't spell his new name :p) and Kaz, two really talented guys that could really benefit from this feud and the writers can't decide if they want to do it or not.

MizMasta3000

Suicide is great and the pope un masking him would be a great milestone for a nice long rivalry with Kaz being himself.

LKP

I wouldn't say he was a top TNA star. But either way even if he does go TNA always got someone else to take his place.

noumenon

First of all, Suicide is the corniest fucking character I have ever seen, rivaled only by Curry Man. The basis for their shitty video game should have never worked it's way onto their television product.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Did that Guns/Lethal Combination vs Suicide feud ever go anywhere, or did it just fade out as well? What I saw of that feud was about the only time I've ever really gotten in to the Suicide character.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
They'vd dropped the ball with Suicide's feuds alot. They don't end properly, they just fade away. Bring Kaz back. This guy has a lot of talent to be hidden behind a failed character.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
They dropped the ball on Kaz in general. Before the whole Suicide thing, he was getting a major main event push. He was starting to fit in, and he got injured. He was just forgotten after that. Big waste of talent, he should've asked to be released when they told him to dress up as a video game character.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
First of all, Suicide is the corniest fucking character I have ever seen, rivaled only by Curry Man. The basis for their shitty video game should have never worked it's way onto their television product.

That's what I thought at first. But it only took a short while for Kaz to put that character in the right light.

Reaction score
I think Kaz would benefit from being Kaz again, just to say he was major remember him vs Christian at Genisis 2007 then Samoa Joe the following thrusday they were epic matches

Kizza

Kaz is overrated. No big loss.

I guess you always need guys to play the characters no one else will.

Hometown Kid

Kaz sucked on his own, he was the most boring person in wrestling. When he started getting random title shots all the time, the crowd collectively groaned.

Suicide is a lot better than it should have been, and I give everybody credit for keeping him interesting this long, but they are right about his feuds fading away too soon. That's been the biggest problem with him, and scaling down his entrance twice. That pretty much sent the message that he was unimportant, even moreso.