Top Star Returns at Live Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Rain said:
With Punk, the build itself would be great, seeing as how ending the streak is FAR bigger than winning the WWE Championship, and is the next largest stepping stone after that crazy long title reign. It would make sense, be a good match and a great feud, but we need Punk to stop Twice in a Lifetime.

Cena's the only truly believable guy left to end the streak. Hopefully Cena doesn't end it though, that would be horrific on all sorts of levels.

Same reasoning. I'm all for Punk Vs.Taker. What I'm not in for is Twice in a Lifetime.
The only thing IMO that can save it is either their is one heel or maybe a gimmick match.
Or else get Punk in there.

Reaction score
Damn it. He should've made his first appearance at RAW Live so it would be more of a surprise.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:
Damn it. He should've made his first appearance at RAW Live so it would be more of a surprise.

That's one of the problems with the interweb, so much shit gets spoiled. Gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Same reasoning. I'm all for Punk Vs.Taker. What I'm not in for is Twice in a Lifetime.
The only thing IMO that can save it is either their is one heel or maybe a gimmick match.
Or else get Punk in there.

Would a gimmick match help or hurt though? It'll be different and make the match easier to get over, but we'd actually have expectations for it...

Obvi a heel turn would help, but there's a better chance of you being in the match than that happening.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn't prefer Ambrose only because it's not a big enough match. Punk has spent the last year as champion and just came off two big matches with The Rock. He has enough star power at the moment to challenge Undertaker (although I could see the argument that he may still seem like a step down from HBK and HHH the previous four WM events but Ambrose would even more so.) I also would wonder how it would tie into his and the Shield's whole "justice" attitude.

Punk and Brock in matches with Taker both have better back story to them, in my opinion.

CM Punk said:
Kinda knew that, lol. :dawg:

I haven't thought much about Punk/Taker scenario's, but I could think of a few on the spot. Obviously with Taker winning.

I can see Punk convincing the fans by hitting the GTS on Taker 3 times and maybe applying the Anaconda Vice.

I'm not sure a GTS is a convincing way to beat Taker. My idea is the simple old massive beat down with steel chair shots and stuff. Just like the previous two years, only this time, Taker is too weak to overcome it. Punk could also play Taker's own game (as could Brock) as far as using submission holds by applying the Anaconda Vice on him to weaken him up. Anyhow, I had this idea a while ago - Michaels signaled to Undertaker his cut throat thingy (the sign that the tombstone is coming) to Undertaker as a way of telling him to finish him off at WM26. Taker should do the same to his own opponent while in a weakened state if he ever did lose the streak, as a way to telling his opponent to finish him and the streak off once and for all. Maybe after kicking out of everything Punk throws at him, he find the strength to crawl to his knees and look up at Punk and do the signal, and then Punk lifts the chair in the air and holds it there for a few seconds (to build anticipation) and then slams it on Undertaker's head and people know right then that it's over. And it is, as Punk makes the three count.

You could even play up that the beat down that Taker received the previous two matches with Triple H at WM27 and WM28 weakened him up substantially to the point where he couldn't last through that sort of punishment again with Punk.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Rain said:
Would a gimmick match help or hurt though? It'll be different and make the match easier to get over, but we'd actually have expectations for it...

Obvi a heel turn would help, but there's a better chance of you being in the match than that happening.

I think of last years match and it wasn't the greatest match. The storytelling made the match.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Going to piece this together. Rock and Brock never appear on the same show. So brock will be due for this monday night raw apperance. So if taker comes back it's either for brock or for punk. That's the only two options imo. I reckon it will be for Punk and HHH gets brock monday.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Damn, he needs to grow some hair again, at the moment he really does just look like a fattening middle aged man, the hair made it less noticeable somehow.

Ambrose vs Taker is one of my dream fueds, it would just be utter brilliance. Ambrose toying with Undertaker and being the one playing all the mind games, not getting affected by any of Taker's attempts. I don't think there is two guys whose characters would blend as well as the two of theirs would in a fued. But honestly, despite the fact Ambrose is an unknown quantity as pointed out earlier, he's just not credible enough at this point, and besides, The Shield definitely deserve a WM match of their own.

I can't figure out what Taker will be doing at all. The thing with him is he can't really be added to matches to make them multi-man because of The Streak. One on one with Brock is his only viable option at the moment, there's no way Punk's getting booked anywhere else other than the WWE Championship match.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Please stop twice in a lifetime :upset:

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I want Undertaker vs Punk/Brock, Though I think they'd go with Punk going after him as he costs punk his match with Cena.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Definitely saw this coming (yearly reports that never come true are written off as BS in my brain instantly) but I definitely didn't see him returning at a live event. Strikes me as odd, I wonder if they'll incorporate it into the angle? Not exactly likely but they certainly could.

Anyway, I have zero interest in a Taker Mania match unless it's against Chris Jericho or John Cena. And it's not like either options are or even ever were realistic possibilities for this year's Mania.

KLockard23 said:
I wouldn't prefer Ambrose only because it's not a big enough match. Punk has spent the last year as champion and just came off two big matches with The Rock. He has enough star power at the moment to challenge Undertaker (although I could see the argument that he may still seem like a step down from HBK and HHH the previous four WM events but Ambrose would even more so.) I also would wonder how it would tie into his and the Shield's whole "justice" attitude.

It would fit their justice motif perfectly. Undertaker has a history of ending careers (HBK, Hassan, etc.), torturing victims with mind games, and even has crucified a few people in his day. And there are plenty of other examples they can use. He does all this and still returns every year for Mania to "take another soul" and has yet to be stop. Taker has done plenty in his career to justify them attacking him. It's not like they have to create something new on the spot when they have two decades worth of reasons.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I think Taker will wrestle Punk, but a Gauntlet match with the Shield wouldn't surprise me that much tbh.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Taker/Brock plz. Don't care for Taker/Punk at all.