Top Song Recommendations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Razorback3200

Reaction score
In this thread, I will be giving lists of songs to recommend, and I would love your feedback!

Outside of being a massive wrestling fan, I am also a music critic. And the songs i'm recommending here are ones that get a big thumbs up in my book. I will be leaving links to each of the songs, and I would highly appreciate it if you took the time to listen to them.

One more thing, my musical bias leans towards rock and metal. So that is most of what you will be seeing, but i'll switch it up every once in a while.

Edit: If you want to recommend something to me, feel free!

Last edited:

Razorback3200

Reaction score
List 1, Song 1 (Of 21)

Soldier Side- Intro By System Of A Down
Album: Mezmerize (2005)

Soldier Side - Intro - YouTube

This is easily one of my favorite intro tracks of all time. The guitar riffs, combined with the soft vocal harmonies and the overall eerie atmosphere, make this an easy choice for the list. Other then that, not much else to say considering the track is only 1 minute long.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
List 1, Song 1 (Of 21)

Soldier Side- Intro By System Of A Down
Album: Mezmerize (2005)

Soldier Side - Intro - YouTube

This is easily one of my favorite intro tracks of all time. The guitar riffs, combined with the soft vocal harmonies and the overall eerie atmosphere, make this an easy choice for the list. Other then that, not much else to say considering the track is only 1 minute long.
I think it's important for you to know my music taste. I like to think I have a diverse taste in music. I mostly like British indie/rock music and classic pop music. So I wouldn't say I am a System Of A Down fan, never really listened to them. But this song is kinda chill. I like it. It's very atmospheric and gives you sense of discomfort and intrigue. Now I know nothing about the technical aspects of music, but that gatuar is dope and sounds great for an intro to an album or whatever. Pragmatically this song is spot on. I don't really know what to think of the meaning of the song. I probably associate it with all the sorrowfulness of going off to war. Like dread, regret, and overwhelming heartache. Or maybe this song is just about accepting loneliness or death. Either way the result is a really melancholy piece of music that makes you kinda chill which sets you up for anticipation.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
Thank you for listening to it! I think I should give some background on the album.

The album Mezmerize, was actually part 1 of a double album, the other half being Hypnotize. The intro is actually followed up by a song called B.Y.O.B (which stands for Bring Your Own Bombs), and is one of their most well known songs. This band is often classified as Alternative Metal, and their style can be really jarring at times. So if you want to hear more, I would recommend starting with some of their softer songs first. Some examples I can think of are, ''Aerials', ''Lonely Day'', and ''Lost In Hollywood'' off that same album.

The next two songs on this list will be by the same band, and off their album Hypnotize.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
List 1, Song 2

Stealing Society By System Of A Down
Album: Hypnotize (2005)

Stealing Society (Explicit) - YouTube

This song may be rather repetitive lyrically for most of it's run time, but the excellent guitar work and the fact that the second half of this song is just so fun to sing along to, easily sells this one for me. There is nothing wrong with repetition, as long as it's done well, and this is a great example of that.

But Daron Malakian (The guitarist), really steals the show here, he sings the entire second half of the song, and the vocal melodies are just so damn catchy! Yes, ''I'm looking for a mother that can get me high'', is a weird way to get across the song's meaning, but the meaning itself is captured perfectly!

The song is about drug overdoses, and how the danger of overdosing is completely lost on drug addicts, because they are so desperate to get more of whatever they are addicted to. Overall, fantastic song, one of my favorites off of Hypnotize.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If you are a big fan of SOAD, which is great, I would recommend you add Dead Kennedys, The Clash, RATM, Prophets of Rage, Street Sweeper Social Club, Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian, and Dope to your playlist.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
I am a huge Rage Against The Machine fan, in fact I have 1 of their songs in this playlist. And don't worry, this playlist isn't entirely made up of SOAD. There are two more of their songs on this playlist, but after the next one, we will get into some different bands.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
List 1, Song 3

Dreaming By System Of A Down
Album: Hypnotize (2005)

Dreaming - YouTube

This is the 2nd track off of Hypnotize, and it's a perfect flow from the opening track, ''Attack'', which is also great. The distorted guitar riff in the beginning is amazing, and the vocal harmonies in the chorus really add to the atmosphere of the song.

The lyrics in the bridge refer to a mother who was just informed that her son was killed in combat, which starts to piece the song together, because the lyrics in the pre-chorus are kind of confusing. This song also shows off System's ability for transitions.

The bridge of the song is really soft, and the vocals are really calm, and then it transitions back into the pre-chorus, with a freaking blast beat on the drums, and every instrument going 100 miles an hour. And they do this seamlessly! Do you have any idea how hard that is to pull off!

This song is pretty, manic, and depressing all at the same time, on top of being a great showing of system's talents.

P.S- That will be the last SOAD song for a while, so I hope you didn't get sick of me talking about them, there are a lot of other bands I will talk about on this playlist.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
If you are a big fan of SOAD, which is great, I would recommend you add Dead Kennedys, The Clash, RATM, Prophets of Rage, Street Sweeper Social Club, Scars on Broadway, Serj Tankian, and Dope to your playlist.
I'm going to see Dead Kennedys next month. :yes:

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
@Razorback3200 I've been really getting into Slipknot recently what are your thoughts on them?
Also Stone Sour getting major Corey Taylor vibes right now :emoji_metal:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
This isn't my personal preference in music. I had preconceptions of bands like SOAD as depressing and unlistenable. Although I'm not wrong as I do not gain that much pleasure from these songs. However I do appreciate that the songs and have meaning, depth and all that jazz. I like the deep meanings of the two songs and I would probably enjoy analysing the lyrics and appreciating the poetry (if it has any) rather then actually listening to the song itself.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
This isn't my personal preference in music. I had preconceptions of bands like SOAD as depressing and unlistenable. Although I'm not wrong as I do not gain that much pleasure from these songs. However I do appreciate that the songs and have meaning, depth and all that jazz. I like the deep meanings of the two songs and I would probably enjoy analysing the lyrics and appreciating the poetry (if it has any) rather then actually listening to the song itself.

I think you would, the band's style isn't for everybody, but they have a lot of lyrics that are very interesting to decipher.

Razorback3200

Reaction score
List 1, Song 4

Leg Of Lamb By Queens Of The Stone Age
Album: Rated R (2000)

Leg Of Lamb - YouTube

This will be the last song I talk about for a little bit, I don't want this to all be about me. Queens Of The Stone Age are one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands of the 2000's, and the album Rated R, is a perfect example of why they are.

Leg Of Lamb was the first song I loved from this band that i've only gotten into recently, and one big reason why, is the guitar riff. It is so memorable, to the point where you instantly realize what song it is when you hear it. The whole thing just has an atmosphere to it that is carried by the guitar work. The lyrics are really vague and hard to figure out, but they all revolve around the concept that he doesn't want to be a ''leg of lamb'', which means he doesn't want to stay stagnant in his life, he wants to live his life to the fullest.