Top NWA Star Finishing Up With Company Expected To Sign With WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Another top NWA Star is finishing up with the company, as his contract is up at the end of the month.

The NWA is holding their final set of television tapings of the year today Monday December 5th, and tomorrow Tuesday December 6th, in Nashville, Tennessee; and this appears to be the last dates for one of the company’s top stars as Colby Corino’s contract is set to expire at the end of December, officially making him a free agent on January 1st, 2023. Corino first signed with the NWA back in June of 2021, but will not be re-signing once his contract is up at the end of the month.

According to sources there is a whole lot of interest in Corino from WWE. Additionally, I was told that once Colby is a free agent in January, that it is expected he will be traveling to Orlando, Florida to spend time at the WWE Performance Center, where he will get a thorough look from the company. It was expressed to me that if things go well, we can expect him to sign with WWE and report to NXT.

Colby Corino as you may know is the son of former ECW, and NWA World Heavyweight Champion Steve Corino, who currently works for WWE as a trainer and producer for NXT.

Colby Corino recently appeared at WrestleCade, and performed as part of their Supershow in a four-way match against AEW Star Bandido, former ROH Star Shane Taylor, and former WWE Superstar Lince Dorado. The event is available via Title Match Network.

We will keep you updated if we hear anything more about Colby Corino and his potential WWE signing.

(Cassidy Haynes Bodyslam.net)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was wondering who tf besides Aldis qualified as a top NWA star :lol

Would be a good signing tho, I like him but he's spinning his wheels in NWA and needs direction. He actually reminds me a lot of Austin Aries*

*On-screen when everyone was a fan of him

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Wonder if his dad wasn't in WWE if he woudl have gotten signed and all as excpected.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Anywhere better than nwa. Idk much about him but good for him

Reactions: Vegeta and Alexa

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also was kinda surprised to see he was only 26, bc I actually thought he was older and had potentially already missed the boat

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Honestly, I can't see this as a bad thing. I don't have much exposure to him but well, he has the pedigree and still young enough to be molded a little bit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
– In an update on Colby Corino, the report noted that “he is headed to WWE. We noted that WWE couldn’t legally reach out to him until his deal with NWA was up.”​

Two weeks ago, Corino confirmed on social media that he had departed from the NWA last month. It’s unclear when he will exactly sign with WWE and start training at the Performance Center.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Don't do it Colby, you don't know what's going to happen with the Vince situation

Reactions: Alexa