Top Gun: Maverick (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Never seen the first one and never wanted to but I'll give it a shot just because I heard this sequel is great.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah just finished watching and I was kinda blown away lol it's still your run of the mill action movie in a lot of ways and purposely mimicked the first movie a lot but honestly did a lot so much better :lol if you like the first then you should def love this, and I think even if you aren't a fan, most people would enjoy this one too

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also would anyone like my $5 code for purchasing this on Vudu that I got with my ticket today lmao first come first serve

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I watched the first top gun last night for the first time just so I can watch this one. Honestly was underwhelmed lmao. About as generic as they come. I heard this one was way better though so I’m still excited.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I watched this earlier this week and thought it was a ton of fun. Way more intense than the first one and while I still love the original, this one blows it out of the water imo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watched this earlier this week and thought it was a ton of fun. Way more intense than the first one and while I still love the original, this one blows it out of the water imo.

It's honestly not even close for me lol everything good about the first one they brought back for nostalgia and everything else is just miles better :lol

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday, an absolutely amazing follow up to the first one. The original is still the best to me, but, super impressed with the second one, highly recommended. One thing about it got me mad inside but it’s a spoiler that didn’t ruin the movie or anything, just a personal thing lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Finally saw it. Yep pretty fucking cool movie. Tom Cruise hams it up and it’s amazing :lol Really amazing action scenes and the story is quite good. I didn’t like the Penny character because it felt like she was literally just there so he had someone to talk to. She had pretty much no character development but whatever. It just felt out of place in the movie. It’s also hilarious how they didn’t even mention Charlotte but again whatever. Everything else was great. The scene with Val Kilmer’s Iceman was heartbreaking. Kilmer honestly killed it and so did Cruise. Crazy how they wrote his real life cancer into the movie. The comraddarie between Maverick and all the pilots was really fun. The relationship between Rooster and Maverick was great. Now was it silly that they survived ALL THAT… yes it was. They got shot down, hijacked an enemy plane, shot down multiple enemy fighters and then got saved at the last possible second. Fuckin ridiculous but I loved it :lol

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Finally saw it. Yep pretty fucking cool movie. Tom Cruise hams it up and it’s amazing :lol Really amazing action scenes and the story is quite good. I didn’t like the Penny character because it felt like she was literally just there so he had someone to talk to. She had pretty much no character development but whatever. It just felt out of place in the movie. It’s also hilarious how they didn’t even mention Charlotte but again whatever. Everything else was great. The scene with Val Kilmer’s Iceman was heartbreaking. Kilmer honestly killed it and so did Cruise. Crazy how they wrote his real life cancer into the movie. The comraddarie between Maverick and all the pilots was really fun. The relationship between Rooster and Maverick was great. Now was it silly that they survived ALL THAT… yes it was. They got shot down, hijacked an enemy plane, shot down multiple enemy fighters and then got saved at the last possible second. Fuckin ridiculous but I loved it :lol

Penny is mentioned a few times in the first movie, she’s the admiral’s daughter Maverick got in shit messing around with lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Penny is mentioned a few times in the first movie, she’s the admiral’s daughter Maverick got in shit messing around with lol
Ohhhhh that was her lmao. Well I guess they’re supposed to be the same age in this movie or Maverick was going after an underage

• Haha
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say Top Gun is a big deal.

Looks like everyone across the globe has got the need — the need for speed. To say that Top Gun: Maverick has taken the world by storm would be an understatement. Less than a month after its release, the film has been breaking records at both the domestic and international box offices, and after only twenty-one days in theaters, Top Gun: Maverick has become the highest-grossing film of star Tom Cruise 's career worldwide.

Top Gun: Maverick, after only twenty-one days in theaters, has become Cruise’s highest-grossing movie worldwide, having just crossed $800 million at the global box office. The title was previously held by the actor’s second most recent film Mission: Impossible – Fallout, which made $791.1 million worldwide in its entire theatrical run. This all comes after Top Gun: Maverick already earned Cruise the highest-grossing opening weekend in his whole career. On top of all this, the film is now the highest-grossing Cruise movie in 23 different worldwide markets, including the United Kingdom, Australia, and Brazil. Apart from Cruise, Top Gun Maverick has also been a record-breaker for Paramount Pictures. The film has become not only the studio's biggest live-action movie in 15 international markets but is also the second highest-grossing release of all time for the studio.

Top Gun: Maverick is the highly awaited sequel to the iconic '80s film Top Gun. The film sees Cruise return as Captain Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, three decades after the original film. Maverick finds himself ordered to return to the infamous TOP GUN flight school, this time as an instructor to train an elite group of aviators on how to conduct a dangerous and near-impossible mission. The film is directed by Joseph Kosinski and Cruise is joined by Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Monica Barbaro, Lewis Pullman, Jay Ellis, Greg Tarzan Davis, and Danny Ramirez.

Top Gun: Maverick has had a hit bit of turbulence in getting to the theaters. It was initially scheduled for a 2019 release, but was pushed back due multiple times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After getting delayed multiple times, Cruise and other producers on the film assured fans that the film was made for the big screen and would never be going straight to streaming. Clearly, that dedication to a purely theatrical release has paid off for everyone involved.

Currently, the box office total for Top Gun: Maverick sits at a domestic total of $422 million and an international total of $384 million, giving the film a worldwide total of $806 million. This is all with the sequel showing no signs of slowing down and still playing in countless theaters across the United States and across the world.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maverick wasn't great, was kind of the same movie as the first.

But I'm glad a non Disney movie is topping th box office....maybe now the trend will be about non superhero and better yet....non cinematic universe building will make a return

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I thought it was slightly overrated lol but obviously still good. I just don’t like when movies are put on this huge pedestal and then they’re just solid watches but nothing crazy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler