Top 5 wwe intercontinental champions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
i agree with you for steamboat.The highlight of his career was the match he had with savage at wrestlemania for the IC belt but not his actual reign as champion.

Choose Slack

Reaction score
i agree with you for steamboat.The highlight of his career was the match he had with savage at wrestlemania for the IC belt but not his actual reign as champion.

Nah. The highlight of his career were his bouts against Flair in the NWA/WCW in 1989. Those were some tremendous matches.

Airfixx

Indeed, I'm pretty sure Steamboat dropped the belt to Honky on his first defense (defo his only televised defense).... Crap reign unfortunately.

Any list without Savage is seriously flawed. So good they couldn't keep him heel!

No votes fro Chyna? ;o]

...and LOL at the odd younger guys naming Pat Patterson - Have you EVER even seen the guy wrestle? ...Just waiting for someone to pop up and say they saw the event where he won the inaugral tournament to crown the first IC champ.

My 5 in no particualr order.....

Savage, Honky & Perfect without a doubt.... Then I guess Razor... and I think the last spot could go anywhere.... HBK, Jericho, Rock, HHH.....

I don't know so much about the last 5 years or so of the belt, but I find it hard to imagine anyone being worthy of company amongst the above esteemed reigns given how the title has been murdered so badly, being passed about at the drop of a hat... (Anyone care to offer what made Kane, RVD & Orton's reigns so good?)

And for that reason, I'll nominate Bret Hart as he was a fighting champion during his short but impressive 1st reign and only dropped the title to begin with cos of being electrocuted by the Mountie.... Had 3 particularly awesome IC matches during the 2 reigns too.... i.e Perfect/Piper/Bulldog/(I'm sure i've forgotten another).

Also, Rock's reign where he was repeatedly challenged by Ken Shamrock was pretty strong.

I miss the old days of the IC belt... It used to be so important in the Hogan-era and was arguably the 'real' title scene in as much as there was a remote chance that it may change once in a while.

It's not as if it used to change hands all the time, but it seemed as if it was defended continually... None of this crap like with Hardy being in an endless stream of non-IC-title matches or what they seemed to do during the 2000s by it changing hands every month or so.

schuy7

Reaction score
I cant really think of a top 5, but one title reign that really comes to mind is Orton's. It was a long reign with a lot of title defenses.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

1. randy savage
2. randy orton
3. ricky steamboat
4. bret hart
5. mr perfect

thats in the order i think

John

1. Rady Savage
2. Honky Tonk Man
3. Randy Orton
4. Mr. Perfect