Top 5 in ring workers in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
1. Alicia Fox (How many people can say they carried Melina to a 5 star match?)

2. Great Khali (I mean five star matches with John Cena, Batista, and Undertaker, good God Khali is amazing)

3. Kelly Kelly (Every single thing she does looks crisp)

4. John Laurinitis (Carried John Cena to the best match of his career at Over The Limit)

5. Kaitlyn (Maxine knew it was all downhill after her amazing match with Kaitlyn from NXT Season 3 which is why she quit)

Honorable Mentions: Eve Torres (probably the best striker in WWE period), Mason Ryan (such cat like agility), and Ryback (the reason no one above local jobber level wants to wrestle him is because they know they would be outclassed in every conceivable way)

Whoa Whoa Whoa WHOA! Kaitlyn's a 50 times better wrestler than all those clueless shitsacks. She could carry Maxine to highly sound 5-10 minute matches on NXT (Online), and if that's not a sign of someone good at their craft, I don't know what is.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
1. Bryan
2. Cena
3. Kane
4. Ziggler
5. Punk

Fucking Jericho has been pissing me off lately. He just doesn't seem to be as good as he was in last WWE run it seems like he doesn't even try that much anymore. And I've been growing more and more stale on Christian. He's ok but he puts on the same match in my opinion (goes to the top rope like 20 times a match and slaps his opponents...big whoop).

...god...

Reaction score
[because of how everyone over rates him]

You didn't read into it enough, sand coon.
BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU LIKED HIM. You either like HIM or you don't. Disliking the fact the people that overrate him has no real bearing on him.

Rell

Reaction score
BUT YOU JUST SAID YOU LIKED HIM. You either like HIM or you don't. Disliking the fact the people that overrate him has no real bearing on him.

I actually see where Enzo is coming from. There's a number of wrestlers I can't help but feel some type of way about DIRECTLY because I feel they're often subject to unnecessary praise. Funny enough, Christian is at the top of my list.

I have nothing against him personally nor do I dislike him. With that said, the way he's praised by the IWC as some type of underpushed semi-god tends to sway my feelings towards the guy. People act as if the dude should be on a Cena type run or something, when in reality, he's about right where he should be. A somewhat credible career mid-carder.

...god...

Reaction score
Christian's more than capable of being a main event player/title holder IN THIS GENERATION. You're gonna tell me Punk, Sheamus, DEL RIO, Orton are leagues better than Christian? Please. Back in 2004-2008 when he gave a shit and was given some decent mic time and match time he was on fire. He still puts on great matches, the only thing I alluded to was that he doesn't have these 5 star classics at Wrestlemania like a Shawn Michaels because he DOESN'T GET THE TIME NECESSARY. He doesn't cut innovative, great and memorable promos anymore because he either doesn't give a damn or WWE crutched him hugely. And when you got like 10-15 minutes and put on a great match with Miz as the opener of SD, put him over huge, that means you at least deserve some more aforementioned time. The only thing that Christian lacks is size, other than that, Vince hates him. Just like JR.

And all I was pointing out was that:
I don't like him. I won't hide it.
And I do like Christian
these statements are what is called a contradiction, he doesn't seem to realize that I guess.

Either way, I kinda agree he's overrated sometimes. But so is Punk, and Aries, and Cody Rhodes, and so forth all over the IWC. Just depends where you are. I don't think Christian should be in the title picture atm, but certainly should be feuding with some of the higher up guys.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Christian's more than capable of being a main event player/title holder IN THIS GENERATION. You're gonna tell me Punk, Sheamus, DEL RIO, Orton are leagues better than Christian? Please. Back in 2004-2008 when he gave a shit and was given some decent mic time and match time he was on fire. He still puts on great matches, the only thing I alluded to was that he doesn't have these 5 star classics at Wrestlemania like a Shawn Michaels because he DOESN'T GET THE TIME NECESSARY. He doesn't cut innovative, great and memorable promos anymore because he either doesn't give a damn or WWE crutched him hugely. And when you got like 10-15 minutes and put on a great match with Miz as the opener of SD, put him over huge, that means you at least deserve some more aforementioned time. The only thing that holds back Christian is his size.

Was just about to type up something exactly like this. Add to the fact that he doesn't get the time necessary, and doesn't get the chance. When he does get both of those, he shines (i.e. World Title feud and matches with Orton). Pretty much all ***1/2 to ****+ quality.

Edit- Oh, and who can say they carried Sin Cara to a decent match? I don't think anyone has except Christian.

It's not that he should be on the same level as a guy like Cena is or anything, but he should be a very valuable main eventer similar to what Edge was. For my money, Christian is the better in ring performer and both are about the same on the mic. I just wish he was give A CHANCE. Oh, two title reigns for about a months worth of time. Big whoop. Then he was back to being that mid-card guy. What a shame.

Rell

Reaction score
Was just about to type up something exactly like this. Add to the fact that he doesn't get the time necessary, and doesn't get the chance. When he does get both of those, he shines (i.e. World Title feud and matches with Orton). Pretty much all ***1/2 to ****+ quality.

Edit- Oh, and who can say they carried Sin Cara to a decent match? I don't think anyone has except Christian.

DANIEL BRYAN CAN AND HAS.

Christian is not a main eventer. I don't care what anyone says. He's simply isn't.

...god...

Reaction score
You didn't answer the implicit question. So you think Sheamus, Del Rio, Rey, Orton, etc. are main eventers?

Rell

Reaction score
They're all like a zillion times more marketable than Christian, that's for sure.

whether that makes them main eventers or not is up to you

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah those Del Rio scarfs are huge merchandise movers. Seriously, even Edge wasn't marketable worth shit. He was just a great heel so he made the faces money. Christian was doing the same as a heel. Also the CC shit was mega over as a face, he just has the shittiest fucking shirts I've ever seen, it's almost like they're trying to sabotage him.

nation

Reaction score
DANIEL BRYAN CAN AND HAS.

Christian is not a main eventer. I don't care what anyone says. He's simply isn't.

Because you follow what Vince tries to make you believe. You probably missed his days in TNA or carrying ECW by HIMSELF.

Rell

Reaction score
yeah, Vince has me conditioned. I'm such a puppet :rolleyes:

I've seen enough of Christian's work. He's not a main eventer in my eyes. Great One basically admitted, whether he realized it or not, that Christian thrives at making his opponent look good. We call that enhancement talent. The guy is being used. He's on tv every week, and is coming off fuckin WHC and IC title runs. What more do you guys want? It's not like he's moving tons of merch or anything. People aren't demanding to see Christian LOL. I'm not saying the guy should be fired or anything, I simply feel he's fine exactly where he's at.

Honestly though, this argument is pretty pointless. Nothing anyone says will change my opinion on him, and I'm sure there's nothing I can type that'll change any of yours. Me and Lucas have been back and forth on this very same subject over a dozen times.

...god...

Reaction score
And I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. I said I don't exactly think he should be champion, just getting more time for matches at the least. BECAUSE HE'S A GOOD, UNDERUTILIZED WORKER. Which was my initial point. Also, that's all Shawn Michaels was used to do near the end, does that make him an enhancement worker too? Anyone who's a good worker makes the other guy look good, in some way.