Top 25 Entrance Themes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

^^Rofl yeah. But still.....

The Rock was WAYY more popular than Austin. How many times did people chant 'Austin' in his promo, especially when he was heel? And Hogan > Austin btw

Moonlight Drive

That doesn't count. 'What' is SO FUCKING ANNOYING. I swear, in every one person promo they chant what. It's not cool.

Airfixx

^^^Annoying or otherwise, it counts.

Are you saying "Whooooo" isn't a notable part of Flairs legacy?

"Rocky" was just the chant that The Rock inspired in his fans (which you could argue was, in turn, inspired by a film starring a Mr Stallone.).

Also, think about Foley working a shoot on the Raw crowd back around '99 for calling for Austin when in fact HE needed their support.... Austin wouldn't even need to be involved in an angle for the crowd to start calling his name; the crowd just wanted him PERIOD.

Moonlight Drive

Yes, but often people have begun Rocky chants in his promos with no prompt, even when he was a heel eg. Backlash 03. That is some extreme popularity

Plus half the fans probably don't even know Austin has anything to do with the 'What'. But you do make a good point, although The Rock is leagues greater than Austin

Airfixx

Yes, but often people have begun Rocky chants in his promos with no prompt, even when he was a heel eg. Backlash 03. That is some extreme popularity

In the scenario I refered to, Austin wasn't even at ringside at the time and from what I can remember didn't even come out to help Foley (not in the arena, maybe who knows?)

Plus half the fans probably don't even know Austin has anything to do with the 'What'.

True, but by virtue of the fact that none of the same crowds are likely to be chanting any Rock-derived catchphrases you could argue that Austin has left a deeper impression on the fed...

[Edit] Then again, I just thought.... Name of the E's Friday night show anyone? LOL