Top 15 TNA World Championship Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Right well I was a bit booed so I nade a list of my favourite World Championship matches in TNA.

15)Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash from Against All Odds 2005 - This may have not been one of the best best but the it had a good main event sort of feel and the actual match wassnt too bad.

14)Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Harris from March 2004 - This is a bit of a forgotten classic in TNA. If you want to know why I was disappointed that Harris didn't get a good push last year, watch this match and you'll know why. It was very good.

13)Sting vs. Abyss from Genesis 2006 - This match was a bit of a dream match for me and I really enjoyed it. The match was basically just insanity from bell to bell, which I always find to be fun. The ending pissed some people off, but I'm just glad that they finally made use of the DQ-Title change rule.

12)Jeff Jarrett vs. Monty Brown from Impact Dec 2004 - This was by far the best match seen on Impact up to this point, and I think it surprised a lot of people. Monty is one guy that definately should have gotten at least a short run with the belt, and this match proved it. He wasn't the best in the ring, but he was over as hell, and this match played to all his strengths.

11)Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle from Final Resolution & Against All Odds 2008 - These two greats main evented two PPVs in a row to start the year, and both matches were great.

10)Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage from Destination X 2007 - For its build up, its not an epic encounter or a major payoff to anything, but as a match, its probably number one on the list of TNA World Title matches. It was an absolutely amazing match.

9)Raven vs. Abyss: No Surrender Dog Collar Match from No Surrender 2005 - A very sick and violent hardcore match. One of the best hardcore matches in TNA history

8)Kurt Angle vs. Rhino vs. Christian Cage from Impact June 2007 - The longest match in TNA history and the match that took up an entire one hour episode of Impact. It was a great, action packed, and entertaining match up.

7)Christian Cage vs. Abyss: Six Sides of Steel fro m Lockdown 2006 - This was an amazing match. I would even go as far to say that it might be the best TNA match for both men. It was awesome.

6)AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett from Feb 2003 during the Weekly PPVs - This was the match that made people think of AJ Styles as a credible contender to the heavyweight title as he meshed very well with Jarrett

5)Sting vs. Jeff Jarrett from Bound for Glory 2006 - Not the most technically sound match up ever, but there was something about the atmosphere that made it seem big. It felt like an old school Wrestlemania or Starrcade match.

4)Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett - If you are a Christian Cage fan, this match is a must have. Not only was the match great, but Christian finally got what all of his fans wanted. It was amazing.

3)Jeff Jarrett vs. Raven from April 2003 - The first big title match that TNA ever had. In the early days, the World Title matches were mostly just random bouts between Jarrett and somebody who probably didn't deserve the spot ( Gilberti) But this match was extremely well built and came off well

2)Kurt Angle vs. Sting from Bound for Glory 2007 - The perfect main event for TNA to have at the time. It was a dream match for wrestling fans, it was well built, and both men could go. I would probably go as far to say that it was the best match for both men in their runs with TNA. It was great.

1)Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle: Six Sides of Steel from Lockdown 2008 - Now this one is a little tricky. Fans have been really divided on this match, but personally I felt that it gave us something different from the norm which is always great, and it gave us a Joe title win which is a major reason to check it out.

Well thats my list that I gave my friend. You all agree? Did I miss any?

Moonlight Drive

Wow, you've put some effort into this list

I haven't seen much TNA since I live in Aus. but I can understand Angle/Sting at BFG would've been phenomenal, in my opinion, the TNA equivalent of HBK/Flair

And who, a match that took up all of Impact! I am definitely going to try and find that match!

chessarmy

Thats a great top 15, rep added for your effort. I disagree with Sting vs Abyss though, I think the finish was fine but its just that they didn't do it the right way. Abyss used freaking thumbtacks and Sting used his baseball bat but when Sting pushed the referee, THATS a DQ? Kind of weird, but at least we got to see Abyss win the NWA World Title. I agree with you about Angle/Joe from Lockdown. The IWC is divided on this and I have to say that I am on the side that likes this match. I thought it did a great job of mixing MMA and Pro Wrestling, and it is easily a match of the year candidate for 2008.

Great job with this thread

PeepShow

Not a bad list, although I found the Joe/Christian matchups, especially their world title matchup from DX last year to be quite superb. I even gave it ****1/4 I do believe. That is definitely a top 5 world title match in my book. Like I said though, nice list.