Top 10 Favorite wrestlers of all time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

These are in no particular order.

1.Steve Austin: I've always been a fan of him. I remember being a kid and watching him as part of The Hollywood Blondes and just thinking that this guy was the best wrestler in WCW. Of course, he ended up in WWF and apparently did some good stuff there. Before the injuries, he could wrestle with the best of them, after the injuries... He became one of the best brawlers of all time. Add in the mic skills, and the charisma, and this one is a given.

2.Flyin Brian aka Brian Pillman:To this day, he is one of the most underrated talents in wrestling history. He was ahead of his time, he could get the fans to rally behind him as the plucky underdog, and he could make the fans hate him as the crazed heel. Its a shame that his career was cut short.

3.Jushin Thunder Liger:The flash, the moves, the costume. He's the man that got me into Puro (Thanks to his match against Pillman), and one of the better wrestlers in history. He's toned down his style (A lot!), but he can still deliver on a consistent basis.

4.Vader:Vader beats people up, I like seeing him beat people up. Besides, that gray elephant mask he wore was BAD-ASS. Add in the things he could do for a man his size, and you have one of my favorites.

5.Stan Hansen:He's everything JBL wishes he could be. Probably the best brawler of all time (As well as being a crazy bastard!), and its a damn shame that he never got a real run in WCW and/or WWF. Still, its worth looking for some of his matches in Japan, just to see how good he was.

6.Ricky Steamboat: My first favorite wrestler of all time. He could do no wrong in my book, and its a shame he had to retire due to his back injury. He still had some good years left.

7.Shawn Michaels:Come on!

8.Bret Hart:See Above

9.________: Despite the way it all ended, I can't deny that he was one of my faves. I know he lacked the mic skills, but he was so good and crisp in the ring. His intensity was second to none, and few have ever been as good as he was.

10.Mike F'N Quackenbush!:Some people here might not know who he is, and that's a damn shame. He's one of the best wrestlers at the moment, and he's damn near flawless during all of his matches. He's done a great job of creating, and running CHIKARA and its training academy, and despite all of his accomplishments, he's one of the nicest guys in the business (He actually responded an E-Mail I sent him :D), and he deserves to be more recognized by wrestling fans.

Honorable Mentions:Bruiser Brody, Terry Funk, Carlos Colon, Ric Flair, and a SHITLOAD of others.

Ballin

Reaction score
In no order

Samoa Joe
AJ Styles
HHH
Mr Perfect
The Rock
Stone Cold
Randy Orton
Jeff Hardy
Undertaker
Eddie Guerrero

I probley missed out on some so here are the honorable mentions

Ric Flair, HBK, Chris Jericho, Christian, Matt Hardy, Rikishi, Rick Rude, Chris Benoit, Mr. Kennedy, MMG, Kurt Angle, Kane, Andre the Giant, Sting

And X-Pac goddamnit, don't ask me why, but when I used to be pretty young I was the BIGGEST X-Pac fan. I remember when I was like 8 or 9 I brought an X-Pac sign to RAW and people where lauging at me, but I didnt care. X-Pac fan for life :D

Switchy

Reaction score
1) The Unertaker, I watched wrestling since I was 3 (not as much as I do now, but I was still kinda a fan) and even when he was heel I still cheered 'Taker and I have always liked him no matter what character and he forever wil be my favourite wrestler.

2) Shawn Michaels, he is the ultimate package when it comes to wrestling and no, he may not be as big as some others but he has proved that he doesn't need to be and he has had some matches that will be remembered for decades and is just a legend, no argument needed.

3) John Cena, it's kinda funny 'cause I used to like Cena, then I used to hate him and went through patches and shit but since Cena has dropped the title I have gained a huge amount of respect for him and I know he isn't the greatest wrestler but he is still decent and his promos are top class and he is one of my favourites.

4) Stone Cold, He is one of the main reasons I stuck with wrestling to my childhood. I would turn on the TV waiting for late night raw sat on the sofa in my PJ's just to see Stone Cold because he was that damn entertaining and that is why he is another one of my all time greats.

5) Randy Orton, If you ask me he is the best modern superstar in all of wrestling today. He has done what most second/third gen superstars have failed to do by climbing out of his both his dad and grandads shadows and saying he isn't just a second generation superstar but he has his own success and he doesn't just have titles but he also has the skills to back it up which I like about him.

6) Christian Cage, imo he is better than Edge (not by much but still, better) and is a tremendous heel and does a decent job as a face too and he cuts AMAZING promo's which can be funny, serious or both and his in ring work is above-par. I wouldn't call him a "great" but he is a future legend.

7) Edge, just below his "brother". Pretty much everything I said about Christian.

8) Kurt Angle, can you say one of the best wrestlers of all time? I mean the guy can do nearly anything in the ring even with the damage previosuly done to his body and he isn't given enough recognition for his work in the ring. His promo's are decent too, I wouldn't go as far as saying great or awesome but they are still good.

9) MVP, maybe one day he'll be up in second or third in my table but not just now. He is amazing in the ring but isn't as good as the greats and his promo work could be up there with the greats one day if you ask me and I have a huge amount of respect for the guy and the effort he puts in.

10) The Miz/John Morrison/Alex Shelley, I truly could not decide between the three. Both Shelley and Morrison are future world champs for sure (Miz could be possibly and, I'm hoping Shelley will be as long as TNA keep him out of a mask) and they all have huge futures ahead of them and are all great in the ring and are all decnet on the mic but done do needs some work before on their promos before they can cut it in the ME.

Others: Y2J, The Rock, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy, Chris Sabin, Kane and AJ Styles.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
Bret Hart
Eddie Guerrero
Kurt Angle
Curt Hennig
Owen Hart
Dave Finlay
Ted Dibiase
Ricky Steamboat
Steve Austin
Steve Regal

BunkhouseBuck

Reaction score
I can't believe noone has mentioned one of the greatest of all time, Nature Boy Ric Flair! As for the next nine (or more) in no particular order: Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo MacDaniels, Ricky Steamboat, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Magnum T.A., Paul Jones, Abdullah the Butcher...I could go on....those are the stars that I watched from the sidelines of a high school football stadium on a Friday night...before there was such a thing as a pay-per-view....that's what made "wrasslin" great for me!

andy zones

Reaction score
Mine.............
1. Bret Hart
2. Kurt Angle
3. Chris Beniot
4. Steve Austin
5. Rocky Maivia
6. Undertaker
7. Brock Lesnar
8. Owen Hart
9. Ricky Steamboat
10. Lou Thesz

Reaction score
1. Mr Perfect
2. Randy Savage
3. Rick Rude
4. HBK
5. Brian Pillman
6. Ric Flair
7. Bret Hart
8. Rowdy Pipper
9. Billy Graham
10. Brock Lesnar

C4

1. Bret Hart
2. The Rock
3. Triple H
4. Kurt Angle
5. Shawn Michaels
6. The Undertaker
7. John Cena
8. Stone Cold Steve Austin
9. Mick Foley
10. The Ultimate Warrior

Nation

Pretty impressed with the lists. It's nice to see late legends like Perfect,Bulldog,Pillman(he should have been in more though),Eddie and Owen in some of the lists.

[RDH]Spear923

Reaction score
1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Bill Goldberg
3. The Undertaker
4. Samoa Joe
5. John Cena
6. Kevin Nash
7. Chris Benoit
8. Batista
9. CM Punk
10. DDP

Evil Austin

Eddie Guerrero
Shawn Michaels
The Game Triple H
Kurt Angle
Kane
The Undertaker
Chris Benoit
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Chris Jericho
Rob Van Dam

Others that where very very close to the list and would make it if the list where top 20.

Brock Lesnar
Christian
Edge
Booker T

Robert

Reaction score
This is in order by the way.

1.Shawn Michaels. NUMBER ONE. WHO CAN OUTSHINE THIS MAN? PLEASE TELL ME????????????????????????????????????
2.Bill Goldberg. SIMPLY AMAZING.
3.Bret Hart. GREATEST EXECUTIONER AND PUTS ON MIND BLOWING MATCHES.

CT Styles

^^ WHO WILL BAN YOU????????????????????????? PLEASE TELL ME?????????????

:laugh: Btw, it's top 10.