Top 10 Comic Book Characters of All-Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
10. Hellboy
bd3c6bbb8c2d19096e6dc3cd621fdc5e.jpg

9. Death's Head II
attachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D6867%26d%3D1215716991

8. Doctor Doom
Dr_doom_ultimate02.PNG

7. Swamp Thing
SwampThing.jpg

6. E & L's TMNT
01cover.jpg

5. Terry McGinnis (Batman Beyond)
9781401244729_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

4. Daredevil
1ee6c5b7c717f432b4765b5e986b5a29.jpg

3. The Joker
Manwholaughs.jpg

2. Nightwing
9%2BNightwing.JPG

1. Batman
Batman_design_JimLee.jpg

-------------

So I'm erking to see what you guys's top tens are.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Are there reasons for why these are your top 10?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Someone has a hard on for DC Comics! :lol:

actually i completely forgot to explain.
Please do. It would so much interesting to know why these are the top characters.

Joey

Reaction score
Someone has a hard on for DC Comics! :lol:

Please do. It would so much interesting to know why these are the top characters.

I was actually in the middle of doing so and then i double hit backspace by accident and it took me off the page. -_-

But heres the Jist.

Hellboy and Deaths Head, were favorites of my Uncle. I would spend weekends at his house, and while i was there i would basically rummage through his collection. He had a freakish amount of Hellboy, so we would usually read them together during lunch. He had one Deaths Head II Issue and I ended up keeping it, I still have it to this day. I guess the whole bounty hunter thing turns me on.

I watched the Swamp Thing film sometime last year and it inspired me to go out to Newbury to pick up an issue. I actually ended up getting a few, and I think what drew me to Swamp Thing in the first place is his "rollercoasting" emotions. He could be angry, then happy or sad. And I think he might be one of the most affectionate characters in comic book history, which is ironic seeing that hes a mutant swamp man.

Doctor Doom is one of my fav's because hes plain fucking awesome. There's no real deep reason or anything, he's just super intriguing. I've always hated the Fantastic Four, but I love Doctor Doom. For me, the F4 seem like a wimpy version of the original X-Men, with an awesome set of villains. "The world must not lose a magnificent brain like mine!"

E & L's TMNT is really the only series of comic books that I think best represets the Turtles (probably because its the originals). I've always been a huge fan of TMNT but i didnt actually get a glance at the comics until a few years back. I used to watch the movies all the time as a kid, as well as the many animated series. Its really the only team of hero's I like, with the exception of a few others. Dynamic Characters, Comic Relief, and CRIME FIGHTING MUTANT TURTLES. What else can I say.

DAREDEVIL IS A BLIND FUCKING SUPERHERO. (10 points awarded to people with a Handicap) Daredevil is fucking awesome. I cant really think of any other character thats handicapped, that can kick ass like DD. (Xavier is indeed Handicapped, but it doesnt hold him back.) I remember reading issue one, before I even knew anything about Daredevil and being like "HOW THE FUCK IS HE GOING TO FIGHT CRIME BLIND?". But then as the story unfolds, the guy learnes to cope with his handicap, and make the best of it. (BTW i prefer Daredevil senses over Spideysenses.)

The Joker is the greatest villain of all time. He's by far the most creative, the most illusive and most interesting. I remember watching Batman the animated series, and Joker finds out that Batman is "dead", he gets all weepy and sad, which is ironic because they are "enemies". I have this book that has all the original Batman newspaper comics in it, and even then Joker was a riot. *Also, I've always thought it was cool that he wasnt really the brute force / gory type villain. He overcomes odds even with his average build, and goofy appearence.

Batman Beyond really derives to my love for Batman, which can be located and explained below.

Batman and Nightwing are my top two because I can best relate with them. Although I don't fight crime, both of my parents are alive and well, and I'm not a billionaire, Batman has always felt like a peice of my personality i guess. He's shy, insecure, angry, sad, and happy all at the same time. The Dynamics of his character go deeper than punches and kicks, and further than riches and wealth. He's reclusive, not the type to flaunt his fame or fortune. And oh, did I mention hes a fucking badass? As for Nightwing (Robin too) it seemed to me that grayson was always hidden in Batmans shadow, but he really comes into his own as Nightwing, beating expectations (And looking super cool while doing so). Batman Beyond was my TV series of choice as a kid, and i just got into it further (purchased an issue), didn't even know it was a comic until recently.

----