Too much...too fast

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Markz

Reaction score
Now TNA has been around for 5 years. 5 years is a long time, in 5 years you can complete senior years at school, in 5 years the Bulk TVs turned to plasma HD, in 5 years a child becomes a man, but 5 years for a company, a wrestling company, is a very short amount of time.

TNA has jumped at every oportunity handed to them, they have gone onto Spike TV, they have gone primetime, they just went two hours. And, lets face it, they are living up to their numorous promises of what a two hour show could bring. Now they want to go LIVE!!

In my mind this could all backfire, they settled nicely into the one hour slot and they went downhill from the moment they prepared for two. Maybe they should stay in their slot for a couple of years, until they are extrmemly hot, until they NEED to move to live broadcasts.

Maybe just maybe...

Soulpower

I can't blame TNA for wanting to speed things up. Changing to Spike, going to two hours... It really hasn't done anything to increase ratings and/or buyrates.

At least if they go live you get the unpredictabily factor due to the lack of spoilers we normally get when the show is taped.

Great One

Going HD wasn't a risk..? Seriously, that's probably a bigger risk than anything TNA did.

chessarmy

No, Live TV shows will bring them more ratings and I think it can improve the product. I would love to watch iMPACT! and have something big happen without it being spoiled all over the internet. But i do get what you are saying, in that they did alot ni 5 years, its just that iMPACT! going live is actually a great idea and i think they are ready for it

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

they are trying to move quickly, and if they didnt dixie carter would lose a lot of money. so obviously they have to try to move up for a business perspective

addo

Reaction score
you have to move quickly and take every chance you get in the wrestling world though. it cost alot of money to run a wrestling business and if they dont make any profit they will die so TNA has to keep moving to keep the money coming in

xtremebadass

LIVE TV is always better for any show of this type. I mean that's why I think Smackdown! sucks, because you don't get that "anything can happen" feel. If TNA goes LIVE that's just one step closer to the top.

Plus if SD can't get Friday's on their new network, maybe they'll get Thursdays and than you'll see how things will get interesting.