Tony Scott Suicide

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
LA's Daily Breeze is reporting (and now confirmed by other outlets) that director Tony Scott jumped to his death on Sunday from the Vincent Thomas Bridge spanning San Pedro and Terminal Island.

According to the Los Angeles County coroner's officials, Scott (68) climbed a fence on the south side of the bridge's apex and leapt off "without hesitation" around 12:30 p.m.

A suicide note was found inside Scott's black Toyota Prius, said U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Jennifer Osburn.

Scott is known for directing such films as Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop II, Days of Thunder, The Last Boy Scout, True Romance, Crimson Tide, Enemy of the State, Spy Game, Man on Fire, Deja Vu, The Taking of Pelham 123 and most recently, Unstoppable.

Scott and his older brother, Ridley Scott, also produced films and such TV dramas as "Numb3rs" and "The Good Wife." The pair recently wrapped "Coma," a four-hour, two-night medical thriller starring Ellen Burstyn set for release next month on A&E.

I assume that he got some sort of horrible diagnosis and decided to end it cause I've never heard of his family having any kind of issues. Horrible news though especially for those hopping for Top Gun 2

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Damn, not good to hear.

Great director.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Was he ill then? Very shocking news, was not a fan of his work but this is very sad news epscially when him and his brother had so much going on.

He will always leave Top Gun (guilty pleasure) and cult favs such as The Hunger and True Romance.

RIP to him and all the best to his family and friends at this awful time.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I only suicide is justifiable if you have an incurable disease, so I'll reserve judgement until more news is available, and by judgement I mean the jokes I will make if this isn't tragic.

Or I won't care by ten minutes from now. I'd go with the latter.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Shame, made some good movies, and the idea of another Top Gun movie was friggin amazing! May he rest in peace.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Reports now saying he had Inoperable Brain Cancer.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
An even more Tragic, Phyllis Diller is dead.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Sad to hear about Phyllis. But she was 95, and probably died of natural causes. So she at least lived a full and enriching life. Tony had quite a few years to go.