Tony Khan says CM Punk has "unresolved anger" toward Hangman Page

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
8ba9409d-a936-44a7-83a0-70af3c284c4c.jpg

During his weekly appearance on Busted Open Radio, AEW head Tony Khan said AEW World Champion CM Punk has some "unresolved anger" toward former champion Hangman Page.

In talking about Punk's promo last week that begin to set up Wednesday's title unification match between he and interim champion Jon Moxley, Khan was asked about Punk bringing Page into it.

"It's unresolved anger, I think, from the World title match at Double or Nothing. We haven't really tied up all those issues," Khan said, "There was clearly some stuff that didn't get resolved at Double or Nothing."

In the opening segment of last Wednesday's show in Charleston, West Virginia, Punk did his first in-ring promo since winning the title at May's Double or Nothing due to an injury he suffered the subsequent Wednesday in a trios match.

Punk called out Page and offered him a title rematch right there in an unplanned part of the promo, saying it wasn't "cowboy sh*t but coward sh*t" as the reason Page didn't come out. Page didn't appear on the show even though he was in the back.

Dave Meltzer reported afterward that part of the promo wasn't planned and came as a surprise to everyone, saying there is no plan for Punk vs. Page II at All Out.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Page was too busy helping Dark Order to rise to Punk's games. A true friend

Reactions: Rosie

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
So when’s the rematch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Punk's "unresolved anger" is probably with himself, because of his botching in that match...

:hayden3

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Took only a year for the REAL CM Punk to show up.

• Haha
Reactions: Y2Jayne and Swamps

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Is the rematch for the title???

Cause Hangman kinda lost me during the first run

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
During an interview with Sports Illustrated, Punk was asked if he feels creatively fulfilled in AEW.

“Yes, 100%,” he responded. “You try not to put too much stock in internet rumors. But for AEW, I definitely think that’s part of our audience. Twitter’s not real life, though. On top of that, a lie makes its way around the world twice before the truth puts his boots on or gets out of bed."

“If I addressed every rumor, I’d be here all day," he continued. "I love AEW. It’s not a competition of who loves it more or who’s the heart and soul, or who’s this and who’s that. AEW allowed me a second chance to do what I do best, and that’s professionally wrestle.”

Punk also addressed reports of backstage friction in the company, noting that what has been made public is just "one side of the story."

“It’s one side of the story,” Punk said. “My locker room is never closed. It’s always open. Anybody who wants to DM [Dave] Meltzer some bulls--- can come talk to me about it. It’s not macho, stupid bulls---. I’m an adult. Come talk with me.”

Punk also addressed reports that he went off-script when he called out Hangman Page on Dynamite last week. He said his motivation behind the promo was to "make people want to see what happens next" and "sell tickets."

“That’s what I’m here to do, make people want to see what happens next,” Punk said. “I’m trying to sell tickets to the live events. That goes back to me saying Twitter isn’t [the] real world. Twitter is a bunch of people that don’t really care about your opinion. They want to find like-minded opinions that share their worldview. I’m trying to tell stories, sell tickets, and get people to tune in on Dynamite.”

AEW President Tony Khan appeared on Busted Open Radio on Wednesday and also addressed Punk's comments towards Hangman.

"It's unresolved anger, I think, from the World title match at Double or Nothing. We haven't really tied up all those issues," Khan said, "There was clearly some stuff that didn't get resolved at Double or Nothing."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
they'll have a rematch on Rampage 8D

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anybody who wants to DM [Dave] Meltzer some bulls--- can come talk to me about it. It’s not macho, stupid bulls---. I’m an adult. Come talk with me.”

But publicly burying people like Eddie Kingston and Page who you are not working with on live TV isn't macho bullshit?

Reactions: Alexa

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

“It’s one side of the story,” Punk said. “My locker room is never closed. It’s always open. Anybody who wants to DM [Dave] Meltzer some bulls--- can come talk to me about it. It’s not macho, stupid bulls---. I’m an adult. Come talk with me.”

and-here-we-go-joker.gif

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
So Punk has his own locker room, huh...

:mj

It's a joke, of course. Please don't shoot me.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Doom

Sports Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Punk also addressed reports that he went off-script when he called out Hangman Page on Dynamite last week. He said his motivation behind the promo was to "make people want to see what happens next" and "sell tickets."

I like that quote from Punk. It's his job to keep people tuned in, you know, when you like watching soap operas.

WWF struck gold in The Attitude Era. Why, because it kept us tuned in and why the era was critically acclaimed. Punk wants to keep us guessing what happens next and that's what WWE today doesn't really get. That's why I hope Steph and Trips bring back that joy that has been missing for years.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze