Tony Khan reveals that Hulk Hogan is banned from AEW shows

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
1. Booker's promo was not racist, at all.

2. Greg Valentine (for better or worse) is not relevant enough for most people to hate.

Typical, so we just pick and choose what to be offended by? Let the TV or Social Media mobs tell us what to be upset over? Gotcha

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The Booker promo was far from racist.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Typical, so we just pick and choose what to be offended by? Let the TV or Social Media mobs tell us what to be upset over? Gotcha
Hulk Hogan said derogatory shit AND described himself as a racist, in a recording. Booker using that term toward Hogan could in no way be construed as racist. You'd have to be dense to even try to argue that. Valentine is just as worthy of getting shit on for that promo. I'm not gonna argue against that. Just making the point that Valentine is not someone who is in public view or active in the world of mainstream wrestling, it's no surprise people don't talk about him like they do Hogan.

I'm not saying whether people should still hold it against Hogan or not. That's up to each person to decide. Just making the point that Booker's promo was unequivocally not racist and no one really cares about Greg Valentine in 2020.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Hulk Hogan said derogatory shit AND described himself as a racist, in a recording. Booker using that term toward Hogan could in no way be construed as racist. You'd have to be dense to even try to argue that. Valentine is just as worthy of getting shit on for that promo. I'm not gonna argue against that. Just making the point that Valentine is not someone who is in public view or active in the world of mainstream wrestling, it's no surprise people don't talk about him like they do Hogan.

I'm not saying whether people should still hold it against Hogan or not. That's up to each person to decide. Just making the point that Booker's promo was unequivocally not racist and no one really cares about Greg Valentine in 2020.

I didn't deny Hogan said racist things, in a private conversation that was leaked. Valentine said things on live television. Maybe not as derogatory as Hogan's, but still.

Maybe the current viewing audience may not care who Greg Valentine is, but a lot of old school fans do and respect what he accomplished.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I would not dispute Valentine had a great career and a few matches that I rate fairly high. Personally I never saw the promo before. If it comes down to it, fuck Valentine too if he a racist bastard. :lol I ain't saying he should get a pass, but him being a racist doesn't make Hogan being a racist any better.

Reactions: Chris

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I just wanna say I disliked Hogan long before the racist shit came out. So my dislike of him has zero to do with it.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
In fact, Blaze's respect for The Hulkster only grew after hearing him drop multiple n bombs! :swamps

• Haha
Reactions: Petty

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I just wanna say I disliked Hogan long before the racist shit came out. So my dislike of him has zero to do with it.

My dislike for Hogan came from him holding people back like Jake Roberts and Rick Rude. I respect what he did for wrestling, but dude did hold a few people back. However, in his WCW years he did help a lot of guys out with management. Both Stevie Ray and Booker T have said he is one of the main reasons management started pushing them.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
My dislike for Hogan came from him holding people back like Jake Roberts and Rick Rude. I respect what he did for wrestling, but dude did hold a few people back. However, in his WCW years he did help a lot of guys out with management. Both Stevie Ray and Booker T have said he is one of the main reasons management started pushing them.

Maybe he grew smarter in age, who knows. My dislike for him mainly just because he never really did much for me. Even when I go back and watch old stuff since most of his career is when I wasn't alive or young. But like I said, I enjoyed him in nWo. But I liked nWo. :cudi but I did switch to Wolfpac when they split. But I also respect what he did for the business. He was apart of two boom periods

Reactions: Swamps

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well, for what its worth. I am not looking forward to seeing the red and yellow in AEW anyway. I'd turn it off.

Reactions: Vegeta

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
I included the Valentine video as a joke more than anything, I didn't intend for him to be put on trial here. The reality is that the world was a completely different place in 1985, as it also was in 2005-2006 when Hogan was caught on tape.

As far as the Booker T promo, there is no denying that he did say the same exact word as Hogan did. There are also videos of Vince McMahon and Randy Orton saying the same word. You can't hold only Hogan accountable then selectively apply different standards for different people.

Say what you want about Hogan, but there's a good chance that this site wouldn't exist without him.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I included the Valentine video as a joke more than anything, I didn't intend for him to be put on trial here. The reality is that the world was a completely different place in 1985, as it also was in 2005-2006 when Hogan was caught on tape.

As far as the Booker T promo, there is no denying that he did say the same exact word as Hogan did. There are also videos of Vince McMahon and Randy Orton saying the same word. You can't hold only Hogan accountable then selectively apply different standards for different people.

Say what you want about Hogan, but there's a good chance that this site wouldn't exist without him.

It’s all in the context of how it’s said. Plus Booker knew he messed him as soon as he said it. But his wasn’t anywhere near the context of how Hogan said it. Big difference.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Y'all just mad because Hogan has always been invited to the cook out, and y'all still trying to get that internet clout! Bam!

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck