Tony Khan comments on interim Women's title status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtg5oti2njg0nze4nda4nzk3.jpg

Tony Khan has addressed the AEW interim Women's World Championship situation.

The AEW President appeared on Barstool Rasslin and spoke about possibly removing the interim tag from Toni Storm's title reign.

"The champion, Thunder Rosa, has been out injured so we'll see. I've wanted to give Thunder Rosa every opportunity to come back and defend the championship," Khan said. "She's been out a while, so we'll have to see. It's a difficult choice but I do think the interim champion's been out there and the interim champion is Toni Storm, who is one of the biggest free agent signings we've ever had."

"Toni Storm comes in and she's gone out every week and had great matches almost every week on TV," Khan continued.

Khan would also talk about the match between Storm and Jamie Hayter at AEW Full Gear on Saturday.

"You have this huge free agent, this big star Toni Storm, who came in with a great reputation and a lot of TV experience and millions of people knew who she was when she arrived vs. Jamie Hayter, who's really risen to worldwide prominence on AEW television."

"They've both become really key figures in AEW and it's going to be great to have this match, the interim Women's World Championship but certainly whoever wins it will truly be a world champion."

Rosa addressed her injury status last month during an appearance on Busted Open Radio. She noted that she is hoping to return in January.

"I am still hurt. They haven't given me a time yet when I'm coming back. I'm saying it's January and I hope it is January. And again, if Toni Storm disagrees with what was decided in the back, that is not my problem," she said. "When I get better, I will still be the champion if my boss lets me be the champion. If he doesn't, I will be okay with that decision too, because I don't make the rules and that needs to be said."

During an interview with The Ringer released on Thursday, Storm addressed her thoughts on the title situation.

“Personally, I think she should just come to work and defend her championship like she’s supposed to, like a champion should," Storm said. "But if the injury lingers too long, I believe she should probably be stripped. And then I should be the AEW undisputed Women’s World Champion like I was supposed to be at All Out. That’s verbatim. I think she should defend her title. I think all champions should defend that championship. That doesn’t just go for Thunder Rosa. That goes for everybody.”

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I will still be the champion if my boss lets me be the champion. If he doesn't, I will be okay with that decision too, because I don't make the rules and that needs to be said."

That sounds like shes taking a shot at tony

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I feel like in the future come up with a time limit to the interm stuff. If it is 3 months plus, strip the title or something like that

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I will still be the champion if my boss lets me be the champion. If he doesn't, I will be okay with that decision too, because I don't make the rules and that needs to be said."

That sounds like shes taking a shot at tony

I think it's more being annoyed people are mad at her for the situation when it's Tony's call lol there's been all those nonsense rumors that Rosa is hard to work with and holding the division hostage with a "fake" injury

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I feel like in the future come up with a time limit to the interm stuff. If it is 3 months plus, strip the title or something like that

Or just don't do it lol

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
i mean i think Thunder Rosa criticism is fair not to her faking the injury tho

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thunder Rosa praised Mandy Rose on that same Busted Open show.....she can lose her smile all she wants.

It's all on Tony Khan anyways, it's his stupid use of "interim titles" that lead to this whole shituation. Just be like "our champ is hurt, so new champ is being crowned" easy peasy....only been done the right way for over a hundred years in rasslin.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
^further proof Rosa is TOXIC

Or just don't do it lol

Nah I'm fine with interm champions instead of vacating the title. Gives you a champion for the time being and doesn't punish someone for injury. But not if it is like half a year. Plus I wouldn't say all the Rosa rumours are BS. Some clearly are "e.g. hiding in the bathroom" but if Toni isn't working in her comment on the reg, I've never really heard of Toni having problems with anyone

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was more talking about the fake injury part there and why she would comment about being fine with being stripped of the title bc people are acting like it's her fault Toni is interim lol she's had plenty of issues with other women that I believe

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still don't see what the big deal with vacating a title if someone is injured for longer than 1 month is if they get a shot on their return anyway, you don't need an interim title for that and it doesn't feel like punishing for injury to me.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I was more talking about the fake injury part there and why she would comment about being fine with being stripped of the title bc people are acting like it's her fault Toni is interim lol she's had plenty of issues with other women that I believe

I mean she could be lying cause she knows Khan won't (I also do believe the injury is legit tho the timing of her going away was sus)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean she could be lying cause she knows Khan won't (I also do believe the injury is legit tho the timing of her going away was sus)

Yeah I don't rate this at all lmao Tony should strip her of the title and not do interim anymore, problem solved. Jamie vs Toni should not have the interim stipulation

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Or just don't do it lol
upon seeing the results each time, I'm going to to have to switch position and agree at this point. just causes more headaches than it's worth and the end result is always the same match anyways

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I mean again it's something done in real life in UFC. I don't mind it tho I think there should be a time limit. Maybe it's also because Toni's reign has been FAR better than Rosa (for reason in and out of Rosa's control)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean again it's something done in real life in UFC. I don't mind it tho I think there should be a time limit. Maybe it's also because Toni's reign has been FAR better than Rosa (for reason in and out of Rosa's control)

The UFC shouldn't do it either, it's stupid lol they're crowning an interim in February for a weight class where the champion isn't even injured bc he's fighting for a different weight class's title and they can't find anyone for him to fight cause he's beat everyone else