Toni Storm says she's ready to end the Interim title nonsense

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The asterisks of a champion never losing is not as bad as the asterisks of a year long interim title run "not counting" IMO
the not counting part is silly, but the champion has always gotten the unification match in AEW so that part isnt really a problem at all for me

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
this is the way and why ive been telling ppl to RELAX on Jamie because "do you really want Jamie to beat and become interim champ?" the answer is no because that sucks lol
Some fans have no patience, lol. I would rather have Toni and Hayter as real champions and not paperweight champions.
^^^ this. Like I hate it’s taking so long because that’s either a shorter Toni reign, or longer til Jamie gets it next. Like I want Toni’s actual reign to be like 5-6 months at least. Then Jamie got next
Agreed, and I am hoping Toni gets at least a 5 month run or so and then Jamie gets one a good one as well.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
the not counting part is silly, but the champion has always gotten the unification match in AEW so that part isnt really a problem at all for me

Exactly, if they always get a rematch when healthy anyway then there's no need to have the interim label for the champion actually defending in the meantime lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
But also I think AEW should probably just implement a 30 day rule. interim for 30 days max then u have to relinquish. but then again, do u really need an interim for 30 days instead of just a number one contender? probably not I guess actually . mb its just a shit idea overall lol

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Exactly, if they always get a rematch when healthy anyway then there's no need to have the interim label for the champion actually defending in the meantime lol
yeah at the end of the day you are right, if there's always going to be a unification then why not either a) drop the belt and get an immediate match upon return or b) just have no belt on the show for a month and have ppl battle it out for the #1 contender.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
But also I think AEW should probably just implement a 30 day rule. interim for 30 days max then u have to relinquish. but then again, do u really need an interim for 30 days instead of just a number one contender? probably not I guess actually . mb its just a shit idea overall lol
I was going ask whatever happened to the old rule of "If a champion can't defend the belt. They must give it up." because it seems to be gone in AEW

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I was going ask whatever happened to the old rule of "If a champion can't defend the belt. They must give it up." because it seems to be gone in AEW
that was never an explicit rule in wrestling tbf, only in wwe when it was convenient for them, but it was also never a strict rule since im pretty sure roman has gone multiple months sans defense and never got stripped, same with brock

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
This is probably the best idea tbh. If you know that Rosa or Punk or whoever are going to be out for a decent period of time, you should strip them. But tell the audience that they’re the first in line for a shot when they’re healthy.

I don’t know why wrestling got away from the whole “30 day defense” thing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah at the end of the day you are right, if there's always going to be a unification then why not either a) drop the belt and get an immediate match upon return or b) just have no belt on the show for a month and have ppl battle it out for the #1 contender.

yeah the only thing people could complain about here is "stat padding" i guess bc if the original champ wins it bsck theyre a two time champ instead of having one longer reign

but who cares lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This is probably the best idea tbh. If you know that Rosa or Punk or whoever are going to be out for a decent period of time, you should strip them. But tell the audience that they’re the first in line for a shot when they’re healthy.

I don’t know why wrestling got away from the whole “30 day defense” thing.
indeed, sometimes the easiest solution is the simplest

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I don't think WWE has enforced the 30 day rule since Shawn lost his smile lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah the only thing people could complain about here is "stat padding" i guess bc if the original champ wins it bsck theyre a two time champ instead of having one longer reign

but who cares lol
yeah considering no one gives a shit about "days as champ" in this day and age I think its moot for sure. as far as im concerned : number and quality of defenses FAR outweighs length of reign.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
that was never an explicit rule in wrestling tbf, only in wwe when it was convenient for them, but it was also never a strict rule since im pretty sure roman has gone multiple months sans defense and never got stripped, same with brock
Yeah it's like an oh how do we get the belt off them without making them look bad. 30 Days! great idea. Then it disappears again.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I know it wasn't and fair point, but it made things a bit better than the whole interim thing right now. That was my point, but others have said it better, lol