Tommy Dreamer news

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

As noted earlier, numerous sources within World Wrestling Entertainment have confirmed that Tommy Dreamer is parting ways with the company. The word going around among talent at last night's SmackDown/ECW taping in Miami was that Dreamer had requested his release from the company. As noted earlier, "The ECW Original" has been with WWE since July 2001, working both as a wrestler and also holding other responsibilities within the company. He did work last night's ECW taping, facing Zack Ryder. I obviously can't confirm this just yet but it's very possible he'll wind up in TNA at some point. I reported several months ago that there was a reason that Dreamer wasn't appearing on ECW. He was said to have been very frustrated for quite some time now.

As noted last week here on the website, there are said to be other releases coming at the start of the new year. WWE usually does a yearly 'spring cleaning' where numerous talents lose their jobs. It's safe to say that many talent, especially those on the ECW brand, are worried about their futures.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
No great loss. Aside from his feud with Raven in ECW Dreamer never did anything of value.

noumenon

Having Ryder "retire" him would be the smart move. They set up for it a few weeks back, give Ryder a nice little rub and some heat to run off of.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I never understood how Dreamer got all the love he did. He is a mediocre wrestler, an average promo at best and not at all intimidating in the least.

xtremebadass

TNA! TNA! TNA! TNA!

Rhyno...Raven...Taz...Team 3D...maybe RVD? Then Dreamer? You know there used to be a company with all those guys at one time...what was that called again?

noumenon

I never understood how Dreamer got all the love he did. He is a mediocre wrestler, an average promo at best and not at all intimidating in the least.

I think it was just his undying loyalty to the original spirit of ECW. Most of the ECW couldn't adapt to WWE's style but somehow he was able to find just the right balance between the two and manage to stick around for 9 years.
Hey, he got his reign with the ECW title this year, I think that's all he really wanted.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^^ Cosign that. Dreamer was easy to please, and didn't get the credit he deserved. Oh well, the company could care less I bet, but there goes another ECW Original. The last one I believe.

Eddie#1

Reaction score
^^ Cosign that. Dreamer was easy to please, and didn't get the credit he deserved. Oh well, the company could care less I bet, but there goes another ECW Original. The last one I believe.

There is still Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio

noumenon

Nothing, he was just an old school guy who was good at putting over younger talent and a good go to guy whenever they wanted a nice Extreme Rules match.

Reaction score
Yup.^^^

Dreamer BLOWS. Always has. The only time he was great was under Paul E's book, but it speaks volumes of Heyman to make people believe guys like Sandman, Shane Douglas, Sabu and Tazz were decent to good workers. All of them blew fat cock outside ECW because Heyman's booking style could make anyone look like a million bucks, plus it isn't hard to look good in hardcore matches. Tommy can hitch the next ride to TNA and catch up with his busted, near useless former ECW cohorts.