To all people here who can "read" music...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
Since I can't explain my question, I have drawn it on paint.

I wanna know what that line that joins two eigth notes together actually indicates.

Heres the pic:
(be prepared to see my awful paint/drawing skills, i didn't really tkae time in doing it anyway lol)

http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=85381405pg1.png

and how would you play notes joined with it on guitar?

Hope it makes sense...lol

Kizza

If I was still doing music, I could tell you the note. I just can't remember is. I only remember Treble Clef.

niggles

Reaction score
looks like a mother fucking quarter note

seX-Power

If an eighth note is what I think it is (a quaver) than all he line means is that you play two eighth notes next to each other, just like a quarter note cut in half.

It took 10 minutes trying to find the 'music' you wrote.

seX-Power

If it helps, drawing two eighth notes next two each other separately is the same as drawing them with the line connecting them.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Exactly, X-Power. Essentially, that line means nothing. Now the curved lines under the notes mean not to pick the next note but I don't know if they do much of that on guitar. They probably have different symbols for guitar specific styles (like hammer-ons or tapping), but you would know that better than I do.

Beer

Play them at the same time. What you drew, in music, is actually non-existent. If two crotchets (the line with a dot on the end) of different sound are TIED together, you play both notes at the same time. You will never have the same note tied unless you are spanning from one bar to another, which means holding the note for a prolonged period of time, longer than the bottom time signature in each bar, which in this case, you are not.

Just use tabs.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Play them at the same time. What you drew, in music, is actually non-existent. If two crotchets (the line with a dot on the end) of different sound are TIED together, you play both notes at the same time. You will never have the same note tied unless you are spanning from one bar to another, which means holding the note for a prolonged period of time, longer than the bottom time signature in each bar, which in this case, you are not.

Just use tabs.

He's talking about quavers not crotchets (damn non-American terms!). I know, he did draw them badly (he actually drew 2 half notes (or minims) connected). So, you are right that it doesn't exist if you base on the drawing.

Oh, and TAB, after thinking about it for a minute, I'd say those bars are just made to make the music look less cluttered and there aren't flags everywhere.

Beer

Ahhh.... right, sorry.

I blame TAB's bad drawing :p

But yer, Tabs are bad for reading music, but easier.