TNA's Television Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Afternoon,

So I just have a general question regarding this championship; Is it going to come back or not?

I only ask because it is still listed as an active championship on the TNA webpage but it has not been defended since Abyss won it at Slammiversary 2013 against Devon (as far as I know). If it is still listed as an active title does this mean that Abyss' title reign of 300+ days is legit? I sure as hell hope not.

I personally do not think it will return nor does it need to be re-introduced but I'm hoping somebody else knows more than I do!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Waste of a title spot, it means nothing.
At least ROH uses their Television Belt to their advantage.
Personally in the state that TNA is in, I don't think they should have that belt and it should be declared defunct.

Reactions: Wilby

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Unless they actually would have a plan for it to stay relevant, kill it. Preferably with fire.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm so happy it's gone. World title, tag titles, women's title are all you need. (X-Title is great because of Option C). We need fewer jobber belts in wrestling.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
If they actually made the X Division belt mean something, then I'd have even more reasons to not bring the TV title back. Besides it'd be too strange to bring it back as the last champ was Abyss and that was during the Joseph Park years.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
What's the point of being television champion when no ones watching? :letroll: :haha:

Reactions: Roadster
Reaction score
What's the point of being television champion when no ones watching? :letroll: :haha:

f89f90263d45d9957d74c00cb05d7f49.jpg

Reaction score
tna seem to have forgotten that it still exists, at least the KO tag titles are officially off the table

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm guessing they'll eventually kill it, as they did with the KO Tag Titles. Not sure why they haven't done it yet though.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I want them to bring it back and the weekly defense rule they, had it was cool, sadly they silently retired it and forgot to remove it from the roster. Tbh, I also enjoyed the belt design too.