TNA Wrestling 2008+

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
TNA iMPACT! - November 13, 2008:

I was very fond of TNA Wrestling at the time, in spite of all of the confusion that was unfolding on the verge of the Main Event Mafia's establishment as the top heel faction. In design it was a great idea, albeit very much lifted from the Millionaire's Club from the dying days of WCW. The big problem for me was the positioning of the TNA Frontline guys as total geeks.

I think there is definitely more that can be done in terms of layout to help your work standout. The use of headings for matches specifically would be very beneficial, and help break up walls of text.

I think it's a very strong move to have Bobby Lashley join the Main Event Mafia. I think with he ages of his counterparts, it makes for a very unique dynamic. And obviously, we're a year separated from WWE trying to get behind Lashley prior to him departing. I liked the material you gave him to explain the jump, but could have gone without Scott Steiner's ranting. There was a lot of moving parts to this promo, but it did set up TNA Homecoming. Bold move to return things to Nashville, Tennessee, during a time where they ran Orlando, Florida religiously. I think they really underplayed the drama of Jeff Jarrett as MEM's opposition, so it's good to see you look to reverse that by having him huddle beside Mick Foley.

I forget how much they were out to push Sheik Abdul Bashir during this time. His TNA X-Division Championship run was certainly a trip at best (and indeed, at worst). I used to like watching Amazing Red compete, but the guy was totally a workrate guy with nothing else going on there. I wouldn't mind seeing Consequence Creed truly break from the mold as champ, and I have to wonder this could lead to a facelift where Jay Lethal is concerned. Jealousy, perhaps?

I'm curious if Christian Cage will stick around past December, or if he is destined for that WWE return run. Very big main event signed for tonight by Jim Cornette, as I don't think I recall Mick Foley wrestling that often on television.

LAX defeating The Rock 'n' Rave Infection worked fine for me. The difficulty with these minimal match writeups is the lack of anyhing else going on there. It's nice to see Homicide get the fall, for instance, but is there anything we might need to know going on in the match?

The Briscoe Brothers coming in at the arguable peak of their Ring of Honor tag team run is very curious, but it adds fresh meat in the hunt for Beer Money, Inc.'s TNA World Tag Team Championships. I didn't mind the promo, obviously Mark and Jay Briscoe were more inexperienced with talking segments, but this sounded like it read pretty well. I can just imagine the Briscoes being paired with ODB based on character traits alone. Matt Morgan and Abyss as a tandem never sat right with me, but I'm sure it leads to an eventual heel turn. I can only imagine this sets up a multi-team match for the titles at some point soon.

Pretty unique decision to have Kaz team up with Petey Williams. I'm kind of here for it - I never liked how they left Petey behind once Scott Steiner sided with the Main Event Mafia. I'm surprised the Motor City Machine Guns were used to get Kaz a win here.

I guess the James Gang are back to rolling with their WWE slave names, huh? I liked the interplay with the poker game with MEM, and it set things in motion nicely for the main event. The six-man sounded fine, and I am glad we got more context as to what the finish was here. Even detail that minimal for the other matches would aid the reader's understanding of the booking much more. It made sense for Bobby Lashley to get the win, and MEM's dominance continuing was needed - I just hope it's not too overdone in the coming weeks to TNA Homecoming.

For Xplosion, it's clear you are in the business of building to the future, and I can see you are an AEW fan, haha. Kenny Omega, Brodie Lee and the Super Smash Bros are strong additions, especially for the time. That said, Kenny's super early into his DDT career in Japan, so he's a long way from the Best Bout Machine we know now. Brodie could be a very suitable choice to build around, and I can imagine a program with Abyss in the future. As for Psicosis, I liked him a lot in WCW, but by this point of his career he was definitely over the hill.

Pretty good and consistent first week of television.