TNA Weekly PPV Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
TNA Weekly PPV #1

So to start we introduce Don West and Ed Ferrara comes in and sits down with Mike Tenay, who are apparently going to be our announce table for the night. Cool. Actually what's not cool is when Ed Ferrara was talking about the Battle Royal for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship he mentioned "just like real life, no friends, no allies, just every man for himself". Just like real life? Oh come on not even 5 minutes into the show and he's pretty much breaking kayfabe. Good to know where they're headed I guesss. Anywho they are starting off with a tribute with a bunch of NWA past legends coming out. Oh shit JB's hair lmao! We got Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., Jackie Fargo, Bullet Bob Armstrong, Corisca Joe and Sara Lee Bill Behrens, Ricky Steamboat! :mark:. Nice to see Steamboat holding onto that title, I bet the older generation of wrestling marks really appreciated this moment.

So I guess there's going to be a 'Gauntlet for the Gold' to determine the vacant NWA World Heavyweight title, and Ricky Steamboat is going to be the special guest referee! Good, good.

Ok now that this precious moment is over it's time to get into the total nonstop action that we've been hearing about... no wait here comes Jeff Jarret! I guess Jarrett has a problem with the NWA Champ being decided in a battle royal match, and he's been told off by one of the legends in the ring that he's coming out at #1. Ok fine, oh and here's Ken Shamrock! I guess all he wanted to inform Jarrett that he concurs that this match sucks too and that he is coming out as #19 for some reason, then out comes Scott Hall. And Hall too says that this battle royal sucks. Geez everyone's a critic. Anyways Hall mentions the NWO and whatnot before the segment finally ends. And THAT ladies and gentleman is the birth of TNA's pointless opening segments.

A woman named Goldilocks talks to some midgit. Crap they're booking midget wrestlers? Well there goes the neighbourhood...

First match of the night!

AJ Styles, Low Ki & Jerry Lynn vs The Flying Elvises (Jorge Estrada, Jimmy Yang and Sonny Siaki)

Alright we got our first recognized gimmick in TNA. Not too shabby I suppose and holy Christ Styles looks young! We get told that the X-Division is not about weight class but how 'extreme' the wrestler is. Ok that's fair, I mean if a weight limit was set then we would'nt have gotten Styles vs Daniels vs Joe for the title at Unbreakable. Style's team goes for a handshake but The Elvis crew hits several sneak attacks but Team Phemoninal (we'll call them that) fights back and hits two dropkicks and a hurricarana onto The Elvises! Lynn and Low Ki then flies over the ropes to the Elvises on the outside as Styles and Yang are starting off the match. Styles gets in a side powerslam for two, and with a minor miscommunication between ref and Styles we are back on track. Styles hits a chop and goes for a whip but Yang counterwhips Styles and throws him in the air, then follows up with a sick leg lariot and gets a 2 count! Yang goes for a back drop but Styles twists his body and hits Yang with a forearm smash and crashes to the ground, then tags in Jerry Lynn into the match.

Lynn hits a chop, Yang hits a punch and Lynn whips Yang to the ropes and executes a nice tilt-a-whirl backbreaker onto Jimmy Yang, Siaki apparently feeling the blow as well due to his gestures on the apron. Yang gets up and whips Lynn to the corner, then charges at Lynn but eats Lynn's foot. Lynn then sets up for the tornado DDT but Yang fuckin' no sells it completely (!!!) and lands a dropkick onto Lynn, then throws him to the corner and does a moonsault off the chest then one shoulder thrust before tagging in Siaki. Siaki hits an uppercut which knocks Lynn down and goes for a sommersault leg drop but Lynn moves out of the way, Siaki throws Lynn to the ropes then misses a clothesline as Lynn hits Siaki with a headscissors takedown! Siaki ends up throwing Lynn to the ropes again and tries to go for the monkey flip but Lynn counters, for Siaki to counter into a drop of some sort but Lynn recounters into a bulldog for 2, then tags in Low-Ki into the match!

Low-Ki comes in and hits a series of chops and punches, then goes for a move but Siaki appears to have slapped Low-Ki (bad camera angle) and follows up with a spinning neckbreaker. Now the topped got ripped off, shit just got serious! Siaki hits a series of power shots but Low-Ki counter with a couple of kicks himself, Siaki though keeps Low Ki grounded and hits a A-Train style backbreaker! Siaki then tags in Jorge Estrada, but not before hitting a Samoan Drop onto Low-Ki, Estrada hitting a beutiful split-legged springboard moonsault onto Low-Ki for 2. Estrada then hits a series of strikes before putting Low Ki onto the top rope and executes a hanging neckbreaker, then follows up with a running shooting star press and gets two, but only two (does Tenay have to say that EVERY time?). Estrada whips Low-Ki to the ropes and readies for a running clothesline but Low-Ki slips under and hits a dropkick to the knee, then hits a series of roundhouse kicks to Estrada, ending it with a kick to the head! Low-Ki though seems to get hit by an invisible phantom and crashes to the ground as well, which results in a hot tag as Styles and Yang are back in!

Both show off some flashy moves before Yang throws Styles to the ropes but Styles comes back with a flying forearm smash. Nice sell job from Jimmy Yang. Styles hits a couple of punches then jumps onto the ropes and backflips over Yang, then does his infamous follow up with a reverse DDT which gets him two! Styles goes for a German suplex but Yang lands onto his feet and counters with a spinning wheel kick onto Styles and goes for a cover but Low-Ki breaks it up. Low Ki knocks out Yang outside the ring with a Tital Crush as Estrada hits Low-Ki with a sitout powerbomb and gets a 2 count. Wait isn't neither man the legal man in this match? Well Lynn breaks up this pin as he hits Estrada with the Cradle Piledriver but Siaki enters the ring and hits a spinning necbreaker, Styles enters and hits a jumping kick to Siaki's face. Yang comes in but Styles holds him from behind as Low-Ki goes for a cartwheel kick but kicks Styles in the head by accident! Estrada comes in and missle dropkicks Low-Ki's ass out of the ring (almost taking the ref with him) and Yang hits a REALLY NICE Corkscrew Moonsault onto Styles to get the three count!

Winners: The Flying Elvives. Nice little opener match to start off the show. Sad that AJ got jobbed out to Yang but what can you do. I'm not impressed with how Yang 'countered' the tornado DDT from Lynn and made it look like a no sell. Ending saved the match honestly so I'll give this match a nod of approval for what's it worth. **

Hollywood vs TEO

Midget wrestling is the worst, ugh. My dad loves this shit but I can't stand it, but fortunatly this was only like a 2 minute match so I can't complain that much. Anyways TEO wins the match.

Winner: Teo. NR

Lets see next week is announced to have a lingerie battle royal, and to 'hype' it up' we're bringing out some of the contestants right now. Huh interesting. We see a lot of Divas/Knockouts that look really young except for Mickie James/Alexis Laree without her boobjob. Divas talk blah blah blah Francine get's blamed for ECW closing down. Come on laides make love and rip each others clothes off!

Now we got some dude named Mortimer Plumtree holding onto a paddle. I guess he's a school teacher of some sorts? Well I guess he wants respect or something and he's going to accomplish that by bringing in tag team to TNA. Well I got an open mind so he's see what he's got with him.

Johnsons vs. Psicosis/James Storm

Ok forget about having an open mind. I mean...

Johnsons.png

I have no idea who's the weiner here. Weiner #1 to the left, #2 to the right, Plumtree or the dude who thought up of this shit. Anyways James Storm and Psicosis comes out together and they look anxious to get the show on the road! Anways Rod or whoever throws Psicosis to the corner, then does a double underhook throw and hits a snap suplex for two. The snowman misses a coupe of hits as Psicosis is running around as Psicosis nails a spinning wheel kick to Weiner #1! Man I love that move! And Weiner #2 eats an enzuigiri from Psicosis. Psicosis tags in Storm into the ring as Storm hits the second guy with a missile dropkick. Storm/Psicosis goes for a double team but Weiner #1 leaves the ring in a humerous fashion. And Alicia makes an appearance, why? well I guess we'll find out! Shit the Johnsons both left the ring now I can't tell which one is which. Well anyways the legal Johnson hits a couple of strikes to Storm then does a nice arm drag that brings Storm down, then throws him out of the ring but Storm manages to hang on. Storm flips back into the ring with the help of the ropes and charges at Johnson, Johnson no selling the punches, Johnson the tries to go for the waistlock takedown but Storm counters with the bulldog! Now where I have seen that from today? :hm:

Storm tags in Psicosis as hits a basement dropkick to the downed Johnson, then hits a chop. And they just revealed Psicosis's real name on TV. Like what the actual fuck? Johnsons are double teaming Psicosis now with a double flapjack as Alicia continues to watch the match from ringside. Johnson chucks Psicosis to the corner twice then hits a release overhead suplex and tags in the other Johnson and hits Psicosis with a double clothesline, then a powerbomb attempt turns into the X-Factor from Psicosis! Hot tag brings in Storm back into the match as he's left fighting both Johnson's, taking one out with a hurricarana!... then two weak ass superkicks to the other Johnson. Psicosis is back but the Johnsons ends up throwing Psicosis and Storm at each other, then hits two belly to belly suplexes at the same time. Ok that was somewhat cool I guess. Johnson gets Storm into the fireman's carry but Storm slips out and goes for a school boy pin for one. Storm tries to fight back while the Plumtree tries to trip Storm, Storm tries to grab him but Johnson comes from behind and gets him into a fireman's carry and converts into a cutter for the three count!

Winners: The Johnsons. This match was long enough to receive a rating but I wish it really wasn't. The match wasn't THAT bad but the outfits were atrocious. Hopefully they leave sooner or later, but that Plumtree guy can stay. I'm sure TNA could find some use for him. * should've been * but at least one team actually looks like a team... sorta.

Post Match: Alicia won't let the referee go for some reason, so he pays her to let him go. Call girl, maybe?

Ok lets see we have a segment about a team of rednecks known as The Dupps, then a segment with NASCAR drivers... who are also potentially rednecks. The difference is that R-Truth (known as K-Krush) comes down and insults these poor rednecks and Brian Christiphor comes and makes the save. Oh and a match is setted up between them. Well alright then.

Christian York/Joey Matthews vs. The Dupps

The match starts off the with the Dupps taking out Matthews with a serie of stomps then a double flapjack that sends him crashing to the mat. They plan on doing another tag team move but Christian York does a springboard missile dropkick that kicks both the Dupps down! Nice! Small offense from York before him and Matthews comes out and does a double suplex onto the one in the black shirt. Black shirt (Stan) though counters Matthews' assault and hits a full nelson slam for two and tags in Bo Dupp. Bo slaps Matthews twice then hits a punch but Matthews gets a kick into the midsection and goes a couple of punches, then tries to whip Bo but Bo ends up nailing a big boot onto Matthews. Stan comes back in and clubs Matthews on the back, goes for a run and swings around Joey for an atttempted backslide pin but fails, then lets go, more spinning and Matthews hits the neckbreaker, or the Virginia Necktie as they call it.

Bo and York gets tagged back into the match as York hits a flying clothesline onto Bo and knocks down Stan twice with powerful punches. Attempted sunset flip from York but Bo ties to sit down on York but York moves out of the way. York starts with the ten punches but Stan tries to pull him off, York pushes him away and hits two more punches to Bo before jumping off of Bo and hits a elbow shot to Stan. York then lifts Bo up in a fireman's carry and slams him to the ground Wasteland style. Holy shit Christian York's dominating in this match! Senton splash and gets two after Stan breaks up the pin. Matthews takes out Stan to ringside as York hits Bo with a Tornado DDT, then poses for the crowd as he goes onto the top ropes but the woman they're with (Cousin something) knocks York to the ground as Bo goes for the surprise pin for three!

Winners: The Dupps. Looks like that the heels are winning 3 for 3 tonight, not counting the midget match of course. It was definitely not better than the Johnsons match from earlier, and I'm not gonna lie I was bored silly of this match. * due to country girl booty and the impressive dominance from Christian York.

Toby Keith live peformance. Yeah sure I'll watch this... not.

Oh thank Lord Jeff Jarrett interrupts Keith in a very dramatic fashion :lmao and is already making his way for the Gauntlet for the Gold Battle Royal! Fuck yeah! Jarrett dissing Keith was awesome, fuck country music!

Gauntlet for the Gold: NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Buff Bagwell is #2 and he is running into the ring, then starts to immediately exchange blows with Jarrett. Jarrett runs at Bagwell but Bagwell gives a kick to the gut then a running neckbreaker onto Jarrett. Bagwell runs at Jarrett as Jarrett tries to counter with a monkey toss but Bagwell counters back with a clothesline. Bagwell then poses for the crowd and attempts to throw Jarrett out of the ring but fails to. Wow they actually got rid of the timer too during the throw, good work from the production crew. Anyways Bagwell gives out a few more shots to Bagwell, including the Buff Blockbuster, and tries to go for a fast elimination but Jarrett throws him over the ropes completely, eliminating him from the match with 23 seconds to go... oh now it's back to 90 as #3 Lash Leroux is up next. Damn can we just cut the crappy wrestlers and make it a 10 man Battle Royal or something? Anyways Jarrett just kicks the crap out of this guy, even taking him outside to beat him up, take him back inside to nail a move then throw him back outside. Good, gone, done, next. #4 Norman Smiley comes out and receives some hits from Jarrett but Smiley ends up delivering the most intense body slam that I've ever seen. It's not enough however as Jarrett low blows Mr. Smiley and hits The Stroke before taking him out of the ring, eliminating him once again before the timer reaches zero.

#5 is Apollo, finally someone that I actually know! Jarrett starts with the usual stomps but Apollo fights back with a series of clotheslines and counters a monkey toss from Jarrett and executes a neckbreaker. Christ how many neckbreakers have we seen on this show? No powerbombs, barely any suplexs, just lots and lots of dem neckbreakers. Anywho Jarrett gets thrown over the ropes but holds on for dear life, Apollo then tries again but Jarrett goes through the middle set of ropes and holds on again for dear life. Looks like that Jarrett is finally wearing down. Apollo has Jarrett above his head and is ready to throw him out of the ring but #6 K-Krush storms to the ring and saves Jarrett by attacking Apollo. Finally more than two guys in the ring. Man I love his Axe Kick, such a sick move! Ok back on topic Jarrett is giving Apollo the 10 punches, then K-Krush yells "I want some" and does the same thing after Jarrett. And randomly Apollo takes down both men as #7 Slash comes down to the ring. Clothesline, back toss, and a running DDT is brought to Slash from Apollo as Jarrett and Krush are both chilling by the corners. Also the time has been stopped, was there a maximum of 4 people that I wasn't aware of? Apollo is ready to throw out Slash but surprisenly Jarrettt actually makes the save, and Jarrett hits the suplex onto Apollo. Slash is hitting some elbow drops as the timer magically appears and the buzzer is already at 6. Cool.

#7 Del Rios comes into the ring and makes the save for Apollo, or maybe not because Slash seems to have the Scott Steiner lookalike under control. And I guess 90 seconds passed already... I call bullshits. They're rushing the match now, that's why the stupid timer disappeared. And here comes #8 Justice, who is the future Abyss! :mark: Holy shit this guy is fit, laying out big boots and whatnot everywhere, even Jarrett ate one. Black Hole Slam onto Del Rios! A bit later Slash took out poor Del Rios with an inverted DDT now, poor guy. #9 is KONNAN!!!! The crowd is pumped up now as he enter the ring and gets some flashy clothesline onto Jarrett and Slash, even taking out Justice with a sick move! Apollo was threated to be taken out (again...) but once again manages to be saved as the clock reaches to zero and #10 is.... Joel Gertner? Ok thank God he's not because he's bringing out a gay couple called the Rainbow Express. Fitting. I guess the one in blue named Bruce is entering the Battle Royal. And right away we get Rick Steiner who is #11 (I think, we'll just say it is). Steiner is taking out the trash in the ring, but someone should've done it sooner because the ring is FULL of wrestlers. Steiner took out Slash, then nailed a slam onto Justice then eliminated him from the match! Steiner blends into the group now as a new entrant is coming in and it turns out to be #12 Mallice. I guess he's partners with Slash or something, sorry buddy but you missed him. 8D

Mallice chokeslams three different people in the ring then takes out Bruce like it took absolutely no effort, oh and K-Krush goes away too. And Del Rios! Man I know nothing about this guy but I can't wait to see him in action next week in a one on one bout with someone! Damn and Konnan too, that was what like 4 people in a row? And there's Steiner stopping Mallice from wrecking anymore havock. Oh never mind because Mallice just pulled the ropes down as Steiner was charging at him and knocks him over the ropes! Jesus what a guy! Mallice and Jarrett tried to take out Apollo but failed to as #14 Scott Hall is making his way out to the ring! Scott Hall is laying waste to Jarrett as Apollo is taking down the beast Mallice. Razor's Edge onto Jarrett!! And Jeff Jarrett is completely out of it! A new guy is coming out and it's.... Toby Keith? It's unclear whether he's actually a contestant but he's kicking Jarrett's ass so I'm not complaining and OH SHIT JARRETT HAS BEEN ELIMINATED!! I thought for sure he was to win it but I guess not... hmm. Meanwhile Mallice is getting teamed up on from Apollo and Scott Hall as the clock is ticking, tick, tick, tick tick... DIIIIIINGGGG!

And it's Chris Harris! Oh my Lord much like Styles and Storm he looks sooo young! And he looks to be in really great shape too, good job man! Harris did the Lou Thesz press onto Apollo and is now doing the Stone Cold style punches as Mallice and Hall are going at it. And now Vampire Warrior (fuck it I'm calling him Gangreal) comes out early for some odd reason and is fighting with Hall and Apollo and for the love of fuck please get rid of Ed Ferrara! You think Taz or Michael Cole is the worse commentator ever. Sheesh...

Sorry, rant over. Apollo is being tried to go over the ropes once again, but of course the plan fails as Apllo is still in this match. Gangreal is being footchoked from the Wildcat as Mallice is stuck with the wrath of Apollo and Hall again as the clock is counting down. And Devon Storm is out next and he starts to attack Chris Harris with some vicious knife chops. Now Gangreal and Storm are attacking Harris as Apollo and Mallice are fighting each other as Hall is just chilling by the corner :lmao. And I guess he's done as he saves Harris by taking on both Gangreal and Storm as the clock ticks away. Steve Corino is out next! He takes out both Storm and Gangreal with a double clothesline, then a Manhattan drop onto Harris. Mallice almost gets knocked out but James Mitchell ends up pushing him back inside before he can get eliminated from the match.

And here finally comes Ken Shamrock! Kicks to Corino, Storm, Ganreal, then a punch to Hall and a powerslam to Chris Harris! Then finally goes for a jumping knee strike but Mallice no sells it and just looks at Shamrock. Shamrock goes for another one but Mallice catches him midair and nails a chokeslam! Not much is happening for the last 30 seconds as it's mostly just strikes and failed attempts for Elimination. Oh look at that we're already at #20, Brian Christiphor. He attacks Chris Harris and eventually manages to throw him out of the ring! Both Devon Storm and Gangreal all look at each other before looking at Brian and charges at him but Brian pulls the ropes down and both men go crashing over the ropes and gets eliminated! Brian looks at Steve Corino and manages to throw him over the ropes to eliminate him! Brian starts to dance but Mallice doesn't approve of it and chokeslams Christophor! The four men left standing all look at each other but Shamrock takes it upon himself to pick Brian up and Eliminate him from this match!

Last four members are Apollo, Shamrock, Hall and Mallice. Apollo and Hall gets to work on Mallice as Shamrock stays back and watches the action unfold. Mallice tries to go for a double chokeslam but Apollo and Hall fights out of it and Apollo tries to take out Mallice right there and then but Mallice ends up throwing him over the ropes! Shamrock is waiting for the final over the top rope elimination to happen as Scott Hall is setting Mallice up for the Outsider's Edge but Mallice ends up throwing Hall over the ropes!

Final Two: Ken Shamrock vs Scott Hall!

Both men are mentally preparing themselves as Ricky Steamboat is now the referee for this match! Shamrock goes for a quick charge but Malice just simply hits him with a big boot which knocks him down totally. Both men exchange more punches then Mallice ends up hiting Shamrock with a sidewalk slam and gets two! Mallice hits him with a suplex next and gets two again. Mallice starts thrashing Shamrock's head over the turnbuckles but Shamrock tries to counter with the sunset flip but fails. Mallice then tries to fight in a chokeslam but that backfires as Shamrock counters it into an armbar! Man the crowd is really behind Shamrock but Mitchell pushes the ropes forwards and Mallice is able to get the rope break! Mallice hits a couple of shots in anger but ties to go for one too many as Shamrock catches a big boot and somehow transitions it into an ankle lock! Meh I've seen Kurt Angle do better but whatever. Mallice grabs the ropes but Shamrock pulls him away quickly so the rope break doesn't count. Mallice uses the rest of his remaining strength and gets to the ropes, this time holding onto it for dear life, Shamrock refusing to let go but Steamboat pushes him off.

Mallice tries to fight back after getting his leg kicked in and eventually finds his way out! Mallice then turns around as he places his hand onto Shamrock's throat and is ready for the chokeslam but Mallice gets reversed into the Belly to Belly Suplex from Shamrock as he goes down and gets the three count!!

Winner and NEW NWA World Heavyweight Champion... Ken Shamrock! Well that was certainly interesting. Definitely not as exciting as a Royal Rumble match but it was still pretty good. The first two eliminations of Jarrett looking dominant was really well done, but then having no one eliminated for the next 10 entrys kind of bored me a bit. Once people started getting thrown out (basically when Mallice came out) the match picked up for me. The final four was definitely the right call, but I'm not too sure about Shamrock winning the title. I mean he was definitely the smartest out of the whole lot but Shamrock is still a bit of an odd choice. But I guess it's better than Hall or Jarrett hogging it so I guess I can't complain too much. ***

Notes from Natlav: Alright so I know that this is TNA's first show ever and I'll cut them some slack for that but if they expect me to shell out $10 for each friggin show then they better step up on their game. Quick. The Tag team matches were kind of sloppy, and the heel team gimmicks are either too generic or just plain wrong. I hope to see AJ Styles wrestle in a singles match soon with decent time given to him, cause I really want to see what he's like back in his youthful days.

Honestly I wasn't too sure what to think when the Gauntlet for the Gold was coming, but I enjoyed it for the most part and it definitely saved the show by a long run. I know TNA is infamous for their Blue booking but I still can't wait to see what they're going to do with Shamrock and the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Also I don't know why but I'm a fan of Mallice. Not exactly his stable but just Malice himself, and I can't wait to see him in singles action himself. I'm not sure if this event was worth the 10 bucks for this round. It was great to see some of the NWA Legends and see the vacated title have a new owner, but the actual wrestling sucked. Again, I'm going to keep an open mind for next week but for this week it's a maybe.

Would this be worth my ten bucks? Maybe

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I paid ten bucks to watch this, and I didn't care for it initially. Not sure why your biggest names in the company were shitting on the mainevent booked by your supposed authority figure, seeing as it was a mixed bag of faces and Jeff Jarrett, just didn't make snese.

Lot of terrible gimmicks, some dicks, some fags, and some incestuous couple.....way to cater to your audience.

Toby Keith did a great suplex, someone missed his calling. And why the hell didn't TNA dind't plug the fact that he said no to a Whitehouse booking to make it to this show. Y'know make it look like your show is so cool that a big name at the time was willing to skip the Whitehouse to go to your show.

Second show was better, this one was riddled with growing pains, but I instantly thought Low Ki was the fucking man when I first seen him.

Ed Ferrara gets a bad rap, but I enjoyed his colour commentary, alot better than Don West who had no clue on what was going on.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Nice review you pretty much nailed the weaknesses and plus points of TNA in those early days.

This does sound a pretty bad debut show. It was a nice touch nodding to the legends of the NWA to start with.

Some terrible gimmicks and bland talent on display, and too much knowing humour and trying to play to ECW and WCW fans.

The fact that Shamrock and Hall were the last two decide the first champion highlights TNA's flawed mind set from the start.

Keep up the good work, that's you not TNA.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Thanks guys for the comments!

Episode 2!

Alright since I have a couple of hours to spare, and sice my E-fedding duties are done for the day I have time to review TNA Weekly PPV Episode 2! Now I mentioned before if it wasn't for the Gauntlet for the Gold match (and the fact that it was the first episode of the night) I probably would'nt even watch the next few episodes. See I KNOW that some people said that the older episodes of TNA are better, but these are also the same people that said that the Triple H of 2003 is the best Triple H of all time. So well see how things run.

We get a recap of last on how the first ever Gauntlet for the Gold match went down. It first showed Jeff Jarrett, Ken Shamrock and Scott Hall talking among themselves and the legends, then it showed clips from the actual match with Shamrock winning the NWA belt, then finally it showed Jarrett getting into the face of some of the legends and Jarrett claiming that he wants Scott Hall. Yeah I guess I missed the ending part on my last review. Oh well what's done is done.

We're back to the announcer's table with Mike Tenay, Don West and... shit Ed Ferrara is still on commentary. Oh ok then, they break down how there's a double main event happening tonight. First Jeff Jarrett will square off against Scott Hall, and that there's going to be a round robin tournament to determine the first ever TNA X-Division Champion! Oh God it's happening tonight! AJ Styles, Low-Ki, Piscosis and Jerry Lynn, this is gonna be AWESOME! Oh and there's a lingere battle royal or something happening tonight. Alright it's time for our first match and.... Jeff Jarrett's music is playing? Alright cool maybe their saving a better match for the main event, which I can dig.

Jeff Jarrett vs Scott Hall

Jarrett comes out and is telling Scott Hall to come down right now and let's start the match right now. Well the first bell rang already so I guess Scott Hall has no choice now 8D. I'm not liking the fact that this match only has a 10 minute time limit, but let's see how things play out. Scott Hall comes out with not only Jackie Fargo but Toby Keith. Hah I guess Toby Keith wants revenge for Jarrett interrupting his shitty music performance last week. Man what episode was it when Zakk Wylde came on TNA and performed? Ok the match is on and they go for some false grapples and Hall appears to have thrown something onto Jarrett and is laughing about it. A collar to tie lockup happens and Jarrett does the arm drag and Hall appears to be out of it already. Oh boy either his ring pyschology is that good or he's actually gassed already. Another lockup happens and a takedown from Jarrett happens follow by some slaps to the back of the head. Hehe I actually laughed at that. Another lockup happens and hit a couple of punches that knocks him down. Hall then whips Jarrett to the ropes and Jarrett tries to go for the crossbody but Hall catches him and does the fallaway slam, then clothesline him out fo the ring. Jarrett tries to catch his breath but Toby Keith is already in his face as Jarrett tries to escape but Hall pulls him back into the ring.

Jarrett though is already getting the upper hand with some punches and hits a dropkick, Hall gets up but eats another dropkick! Hall is then hanging onto the ropes as Jarrett runs up to Hall and jumps onto him while hanging ont the ropes. Hall goes onto his knees as Jarrett starts to yell at Nash and Fargo at ringside. Jarrett smashes Hall into the turnbuckle and lands a big punch but Hall returns a punch. Jarrett then jumps onto Hall's back and gets him into a sleeper hold! Man I love this kind of sleeper hold. Hall then crashes to the floor as the ref checks up onto Hall but he doesn't even have to lift up his arms as Hall gets a sudden burst of energy and gets to his feet, and escapes the hold and gets Jarrett into a sleeper himself but Jarrett hits a back drop, both men knocked down. Both men are now being double counted out, and they're not even moving as the ref reaches 8. Oh don't tell me this is it. No I guess not because Jarrett quickly crawls to Hall and goes for the pin but gets two. Huh I don't think I've ever seen a double countout spot transition into a pin before. Anyways they're both up now and Nall is laying down some punches, blocks a punch and hits a discus punch. Hall then is hitting some corner clothesline and a clothesline in the center of the ring and gets a two count.

And legit 2 seconds after the count this is the conversation they're having.

Don West: He got it!

Tenay: No it's only two!

West: He got it! He got it!

Tenay: No Scott Hall only got a two count, Jeff Jarrett kicked out!

West: HE GOT IT!! HE GOT IT!!!

Anyways Hall now looks a bit gassed as he sets him up for the Outsiders Edge but K-Krush pulls Jarrett down just in time but eats a punch from Jackie Fargo. Now Brian is chasing K-Krush out of the arean while trying to grab him but I guess they knocked down the cameraman :lmao. Jarrett is in the ring and smashes Hall with a facebuster, then starts to yell at Toby Keith again. Jarrett then is setting up Hall for a Russian leg sweep but the referee appears to be distracted as Keith takes his sweet ass time and enters the ring, slowly walks up to Jarrett (all while Jarrett is holding onto Hall) and Keith low blows Jarrett. Both men then executes a double facebuster onto Jarrett and Hall gets the three count right there!

Winner of the Match: Scott Hall a decent 7 minute match that did it's job. A nice pop from the crowd was the only difference between this match and a typical Smackdown opener. Still this match wasn't TERRIBLE to say the least, but I guess it could've been a tad longer. Still I wasn't bored of the match and it makes me really want to watch the rest of the show so I suppose it did it's purpose of being the opener. If it wasn't for the shitty ending I would've scored it a bit higher, but what can I do? **

A plug is being told for the 9 woman lingera battle. They show a flashback of the women being in a catfight last week in the TNA preview. "This is going to be the greatest thing ever and you better not miss it" alright I surrender; Don West is WAY worse than Ed Fererra is. Ok now it's time to watch the true 'opener' as we see a fairly big guy named Cheex come out with The Brown Eyed Girl. No literally that's what she is named. And I guess his opponent is already in the ring, name being Frank Parker. Second show and they're already bringing in jobbers? Seriously?

Frank Partner vs Cheex

Ok well I like it how they're plugging in the Tag Team match between Jarrett/K-Krush and Hall/Brian. Cheex hits a punch and gets Parker to one knee. Parker then tries to whip the big man but is unable to as Cheex lands a body slam, then follows up a HUGE running butt slam onto Parker. Ouch. Oh and Alicia is back and wants money from Borash for something. I guess the common joke is for prostitution (I'm guilty of saying it last week) but hopefully it's not a stupid conclusion on why she's demanding money from non-wrestling personnel. So Parker tries to go for a sunset flip but can't get the big guy over. Big mistake as Cheex sits down on Parker and Parker goes SQUISH but he sits up before he can get two... so he can do a running (sorta) splash for the 3 count.

Winner of the Match: Cheex Typical squash match... ok it was much worse than the typical squash with the fat fuck Cheex in it. Thank god it was less than two minutes and got the No Rating or else I would've negatived star this shit. At least we're done with the fat jokes for a while. NR

So after Borash gives Alicia the money that he 'owes' we go to the dancing girls as they announce a tag team tournament as a bunch of teams are coming to TNA to compete in the tournament, as well as plugging the tag team match (main event?) with Krush/Jarrett vs Hall/Brian.

A recap from last week sees K-Krush arguing with the two NASCAR drivers as Brian Christopher comes and makes the save. And now it's time for the match and Brian Christopher comes to the match with the two NASCAR drivers from last week. This is twice so far that celebrities are coming out with the faces, well as long as they don't interfere with the match then I'll be cool with that.

K-Krush vs Brian Christoper

Christopher is still posing to the crowd on the turnbuckles as Krush lands a cheap shot from behind and knocks him to the mat. He takes Brian to the corner and lands some strikes then whips him to the ropes, Brian comes back and hopes over K-Krush and executes a neckbreaker, then a bulldog from the corner for a two count. Brian then goes for the corner bulldog again but K-Krush throws him between the ropes instead as he lands on the second turnbuckle groin-first. K-Krush then follows up with a vertical suplex then gets a two count. K-Krush and Christopher then does a short but flashy series of counters until Krush hits a spinning wheel kick, then looks around before getting another two count. Christ plugging the tag team match next week much? A sleeper hold from K-Krush happens and Brian Christopher nudges him way out of it but Krush then hits Brian in the back several times but no sells them and he turns around and lands a punch to R-Truth. K-Krush then whips Brian to the ropes and goes for a clothesline but he slides under Krush and hits him with an enzuigiri kick! Christopher then throws away the bandana and shit just got serious!

Krush throws Brian to the ropes and bends down for a back drop but Christopher kicks him in the head, then executes a stunner, K-Krush selling it like a complete boss! Brian seems to be happy with that and does the 10 punches but Krush does the revese atomic drop before he can land the first punch. K-Krush is in the middle of getting out of the ropes but the NASCAR drivers start to shake the ropes with Krush hanging off one of them. Definitely a weird spot and the referee is completely ignoring it. Oh man what a trainwreck of a spot :lmao. K-Krush is taking his sweet time to get onto his back as Christopher puts on his goggles and lands the Diving Leg Drop and gets the three count to end this match!

Winner of the match: Brian Christopher. Kind of the same cause for the finsh much like the hall match, expect the match was shorter and the spot involving the celebrity was much longer and more painful to watch. HOPEFULLY the tag match between them next week will run much smoother and have no interferance from the face team. Sounds a bit strange doesn't it? Did people actually pay to see these quality matches weekly? *1/2.

It's been a pretty mediocre show so far but it's only 30 minutes into it so I'll withhold any judgment. Also Ferarra is starting to piss me off already, and another plug into the tag match. Also why is it that they have to show girls dancing when the commentary team is plugging shit? Sorry I'll stop with the rants for the night.... right after the lingare battle royal ends. Oh and it should be noted that to be elimated you have to get your clothes ripped off... yeah.

9 Woman Lingerie Battle Royal

The first lady comes out and a boner joke is being pulled out already. It's bad when they announce the wrong women into the match as they're coming out, and since there's no friggin banners shown I have no idea who's who. Ok skipped 2 minutes into the match and there's legit 4 cat fights in the ring. I may be a bad reviewer but fuck it I'm not watching this shit. Skipped two minutes and I see Ed Ferrera standing at ringside comforting Francine who just lost, she goes down onto her knees and takes off his belt and gets REAL close to his private parts. Ferarra is closing his eyes with all smiles but the woman ends up punching him in the gut and whips him with his belt :lmao not even Lawler did something like that in the WWE. Glad I caught that part.

Alright skipped to the end and Taylor Vaughn (sp?) wins the match and apparently a contract to TNA. The woman embarrased to be shown in her underwear but Francine enters the ring whips Taylor with the belt. Queen of Extreme lives on in TNA! Don't worry though ladies and gentleman I'm sure that Taylor enjoyed being whipped. Now since I technically didn't watch the match, and wondering why I'm writing about this I'm giving this a NR.

Goldilocks is backstage in our first backstage segment of the night as she interviews Apollo! He gets a sentence in but a couger named Bobcat (fitting) comes by and tells Goldilocks off, mentions that someguy she's with should be interview (no name mentioned from anyone) and asks if he's jealous of her. They get into an argument and Goldilocks tells the camera to cut which is does. Huh kind of a pointless 20 second segment really, accomplished nothing unless the Apollo and the dude were to wrestle for it. Oh by the way the guy is David Young, mentioned AFTER the segment ended. Oh guess I'm right cause here come Apollo and then comes David Young with Bobcat. If Apollo doesn't get threatened to be thrown out of the ring 10 times again I want my money back.

Apollo vs David Young

Lockup happens and Young gets Apllo into a headlock. Young then goes for a couple of shoulder blocks but can't move him, then kicks him in the gut and goes for a charge but Apollo counters with a weak body slam/toss to the ground, then follows up with a double underhook suplex. Nice. Bobcat is flirting with several fans and Borash as Young slides out of the ring and throws him back inside the ring, brings him to the corner and lands some knife chops, then hits a running corner splash to Young, then goes for another one but Young moves out of the way and crashes to the turnbuckle, Young quickly hits some roundhouse kicks to the downed Apollo. 10 seconds is dedicated to Bobcat hardcorely flirting with Borash (didn't he JUST payed off Alicia not even 20 minutes ago?) Back in the ring Young has Apollo in an arm wretch and starts to kick him in the back then gets him into an arm lock while going back and forth to Bobcat and Borash at ringside. Young is checking up on Bobcat as Apollo comes from behind and gets the school boy pin but only gets a two count.

Young gets pissed and beats the hell out of Apollo and hits an enzuigiri kick for two. FUCK OFF BOBCUNT AND BOREASH! Snap suplex from Young and gets a two count. Snapmere and reverse chinlock onto Apollo as the clap happens from the crowd, then the elbow jabs onto Young. He then hooks the arm as he runs to the ropes and springboard off the middle rope and executes a Tornado DDT! Nice move! Lol and Young is getting up 2 seconds later as Apollo is SLOWLY getting up and Apollo his a couple of punches, then brings him to the corner and goes for a punch but Young moves out of the way, then sees the oncoming Apollo as Young executes a spinning spinebuster! "That's his finishing move, why isn't he going for the pin?" Maybe it's because Borash is getting a lapdance from Bobcat at ringside, sigh. Bobcat goes onto the top rope but sees the partial lapdance happening and gets distraced and goes for the moonsault but Apollo moves out of the way. Apollo then hits a Superkick onto David Young and hits a Fireman's Carry Cutter (or stunner as the Tenay said) and gets a three count!

Winner of the match: Apollo Decent 5 minute match I guess. I'm not getting the match storyline. Bobcat comes out and flirts with Jeremy Borash and her own man gets distracted not once but TWICE?! And he doesn't do anything about it about at all during the match. It's got decent wrestling in it and... well that's the only good thing about it I guess. *1/2, but I better not see Bobcat's flirting take up half the stupid match next time.

Post-Match: Young is pissed obviously but Bobcat enters the ring and starts to dance around? Is she aware that her man lost the match or did TNA just bought some hooker from the streets to do that? Might explain the terrible acting in the pre-match actually.

Joel Gertner is in the ring and does his little poem thingy as an introducion to his in ring promo. Ferrera yells out "Enough already let's get this show on the road" and I can't agree more honestly. Fuck Gertner! He basically is slamming the people in attendance for bashing gay people so he can draw some boos from the crowd, then introduces the Midnight Express. Lenny and Bruce are both holding arms together as they come out in the most sassy techno music ever. If the tights that are bearing the rainbows on their asses won't draw heat from the crowd then nothing will. And here comes the Dupps as their opponents. And where are they... oh and they're backstage with Goldilocks and Cousin Whore for some reason. Apparently they don't want to wrestle the 'lifestyle alternative boys' and 'hippies'. Goldilocks walks away a few steps and the camera turns around 90 degree and Oh look at that, Chris Harris and James Storm :)mark::mark::mark:)just so happen to be right there. They get asked to go to the ring immediatly while wearing their street clothes, to which they say yes and run to the ring. Hey if they want to replace the Dubbs then I'm all for it. Oh I hope they change their theme music soon... oh wait of course they will, when they transform into one of TNA's most memorable teams of all time: MUTHERFUCKIN' AMERICAS MOST WANTED!!!!

Rainbow Express vs Chris Harris and "Cowboy" James Storm.

It should be noted that they weren't known as AMW yet, and Harris didn't have his "Wildcat" name yet but I can't seriously wait to see this match unfold. Both men run into the ring but gets ambush from the Rainbow Express with a series of boots and punches to the back. They both go for whips to the ropes and then double back toss but Harris and Storm both kicks the Express in the head, then Harris clothesline Bruce out of the ring as Storm does a reverse atomic drop onto Lenny. Oh I guess Harris is refereed to 'Wildcat', huh interesting. Anyways Storm does a bulldog as Lenny and Storm are starting off the match. Storm sees Lenny and tries to go for the superkick but Lenny catches it and spins him around but Storm kicks Lenny on the side of the head. Lenny nudges Storm away as he gets him into a headlock and then follows up with a tornado DDT, and then a legdrop and tags in Bruce via kiss to the hand "WAS THAT NECCESSARY?". Bruce then enters the ring and springboards from the ropes and turns that into a beutiful sunset flip onto Storm and Lenny takes his time and clotheslines Storm down as Bruce goes for the pin but only gets two. Right now I'm seeing the weakest link in the Rainbow Express.

Lenny isn't leaving the ring for some reason so Harris comes out and runs up to Lenny and executes a headscissors takedown, then tries to help out Storm who is getting stomped on hard from Bruce, then Lenny comes back as they both start smashing Storm's face to the ground. They are really reminding me of a tag team from the 80's (wonder why? 8D) with the cheap double team moveset, and that's not neccessarily a bad thing either. Lenny is the legal man now some reason and nails a vertical suplex onto Storm. Christ does everyone have the same friggin moveset? Now Lenny is doing the sexy crawl towards Storm and goes over him for the pin and gets 2. Mounted punches happen and another hand-kiss tag happens and Bruce is going WILD with punches and kicks, and hand kisses Lenny back into the match. Storm counters out and goes for a dropkick but Lenny stays by the ropes as Storm falls down and Lenny gets Storm into a boston leg crab, or tiger tamer I guess it's called. Harris tries to get involved but the ref sends him away, he then sees Bruce trying to get involved and tells him off as Harris exits his corner again and clotheslines Lenny off of Storm. Well I guess that's one way to break the heel offense.

The crowd is on fire as the hot tag happens and Harris is finally in the match, laying waste to the Midnight Express. Storm is outside and takes out Bruce as Harris is getting a beatdown from Lenny. Lenny then goes for a body slam but Harris quickly counters into a small package but only gets two. Harris then counters a clothesline and gets Lenny into a backslide pin for two. Harris then lifts Lenny up but Lenny slips from behind and bounces him off the ropes and he goes for a rollup pin for a two count, Harris pushing him away as Lenny knocks Bruce down to ringside. Lenny looks to confused as Harris runs up and gets Lenny into yet another pin but this time gets the three count.

Winners of the match: Chris Harris and James Storm. I'm not sure if the goal of TNA is to have 5 minute matches or what, but this match much like some of the others could've used more time to fully develop into something decent. I'm guessing this is where Storm and Harris both look at each other and see something good between them before they form up as America's Most Wanted, should they go down that route this soon. But with the Tag Team Tournament happening next episode I can't see them NOT teaming up again. Plenty of heel offense in this match and not enough Storm offense, and Harris barely got anything in other than the series of pins to win the match (which I did not like). Still at LEAST they included a hot tag in the match which didn't cause this match to flop completely. At least we can stop hearing Don bitching about the gay acts in this match.*1/2

And with just a bit under an hour left we are now witnessing an in ring promo with Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, wearing a ref's shirt', introducing the newly crowed NWA World Champ Ken Shamrock! Steamboat may be fully prepared to ref a match but Shamrock is coming out in shorts and flip-flops. Steamboat then goes on about how Shamrock's name is included in the long list of names that have immortalized the name of the NWA belt. Shamrock says that he will defend the belt with honour and pride, and how he's risen to the top in every wrestling and MMA promotion that he's worked for, oh what's this I hear a boo? And I guess he's saying that the haters can kiss his ass. James Mitchell can be heard as he's saying 'Excuse Me' a couple of times and shits all over the legends pretty much, and says he have an announcement: He's on a mission for God, not our God but his. And he mentions that his disciples of the new church is going to take control of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. I guess Malice wants his rematch for being second best last week in the Gauntlet for the Gold.

Heh even when Mitchell issued the challange for next week the commentators said 'It's gotta be Malice'... aw come on Slash? Weeeak oh wait MALICE IS BEHIND SHAMROCK! Malice turns him over and nails the Chokeslam onto Shamrock! Aw man now Malice is choking choking Shamrock while on the ground, and it's taking 5 guys to get him off but he refuses to get now. Now Malice has finally got off and is shoving people left to right. Mitchell told him to save the rest of him for next week as Malice leaves the ring. Man if it's one thing that TNA has done right so far, beside pairing up Chris Harris and James Storm, is that they're making Malice look like a complete monster. Granted it's not THAT hard to book him as a monster but still, their doing a better job with him than with that Cheex fat fuck.

So while viewing the dancing girls (I'm starting to like them btw) we're given a recap of the X-Division 6 Man Tag team match as Tenay tells the viewers what the X-Division meas to him. Xcellency, Xtreme, Xciting. So we see the dancing women for a minute as they start the introducions for the X-Division 'Double Eliminatin' Match. Wait does this mean that everyone has to be pinned twice in order to be eliminated? Hmm.... AJ Styles really needs to change his music from the happy sound to the more badassry sound. Psicosis is up next and he looks determined to win this match as the next guy. Low-Ki is up next and oh boy does he ever look intense. Jerry Lynn is next and stand at ringside as this mtch is started. Man I hope this match gets the full remaining 30 minutes, but I kinda doubt it.

Double Elimination Match for the X-Division Match

Styles and Psicosis is in the ring starting the match as they go for a lockup and Styles gets Psicosis into the headlock. Psicosis whips AJ to the ropes but Styles runs up and hits a shoulder block to Psicosis, ducks a clothesline and lands a couple of chops. Psicosis though lands a facebuster and gets a 2 count from the referee. Piscosis runs up and tries to go for a hurricarana but Styles has a hold of Psicosis's legs and executes the national debut of the Styles Clash as he gets the three count and Psicosis loses his first fall, one more and he's gone.

Low-Ki is in the ring now as he immediately starts to kick AJ Styles. Oh I see this isn't a fatal four way kind of match but instead doing one on one heats, well I'm actually cool with that because I usually dislike fatal four way matches. Low-Ki looks down at Styles but Styles ends up nailing a quick hurricarana onto Low-Ki from his back! Styles then gets up and hits a couple of chops and punches but Ki whips Styles to the ropes. Styles returns and rolls behind and goes for a german but Ki counters to an enzigiri kick! Chops from Ki as Ki goes for a monkey flip from the turnbuckles but Styles moves him to the center of the ring and goes for the Styles Splash but Low Ki slips out and kicks Styles on the back. Ki then has Styles hanging off the ropes and kicks him square on the forehead. Ouch. Low Ki then goes for a corkscrew 450 splash but Styles gets out of the way. Styles then nails Low-Ki with a modified facebuster as he get the 3 count and Low-Ki loses his first fall.

Styles looks tired as Jerry Lynn comes into the ring and clotheslines him to the ground, follows up as he hits the Cradle Driver and gets the 3 Count and AJ Styles loses his first fall.

Psicosis climbs onto the top rope and jumps on Jerry Lynn with a missle dropkick and knocks him down! Lynn then does a snapmare and a headscissors takedown onto Psicosis, then goes onto the top rope and does a bulldog as he goes for a pin but gets a two count. Psiscosis then throws out Lynn with a headscissors takedown then does a sommersault plancha to the outside! Lynn is back in as Psicosis nails a diving spinning wheel kick and only gets a two count. Lynn though gets the advantage back and gets a reverse DDT but only gets two. Lynn then tries to go for a dropkick but Psicosis gets out of the way and Lynn falls to the mat, Psicosis then climbs onto the rope rope and goes for a dive but Lynn ends up dropkicking Psicosis mid air! Lynn then nails the Cradle Pin and gets the three count and Psicosis has been eliminated

Low-Ki is back inside the ring as he starts to kick the crap out of Jerry Lynn, then does a body slam and follows that with a really fancy elbow drop and gets a 2 count. Ki then does a couple fo more strikes then a chokehold with the foot. Lynn then boots a charging Ki in the face and climbs onto the turnbuckle but Low-Ki hits a front flip kick to Lynn then a superplex from the top rope but Lynn counters into a sunset flip pin but only gets two! Ki then lifts Lynn up and hits a couple of stiff kicks, but Lynn catches a kick and lands a enzuigiri kick himself as both men are down. They get up before the 10 count as Ki hits a couple of shots and hits a back body drop then a couple of clothesline. Lynn then gets thrown to the apron as Ki goes for a shoulder block but Lynn counters with a leg drop while he's hanging on the ropes! Lynn then is setting him up for the Cradle Driver once more but Low Ki counters into the armbar while Lynn is standing! Lynn however picks up Low-Ki and lands a powerbomb onto Ki but only gets the two count! Oh man Ki is bleeding from the mouth. Lynn then goes for a brainbuster but Ki counters and appears to be going for the musclebuster but Lynn counters that into a really nice DDT! Lynn then tries to go for the Cradle Piledriver again and nails it as he gets the three count over Low Ki as Low-Ki has been eliminated from this match.

Ok a little rant before we go onto the match (AJ has one fall on him while Lynn has none btw). Having Steamboat as the referee for the final bout for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship made pefect sense since Steamboat was a former champ, but having him ref this final bout is kind of lame since the X-Division has nothing to do with NWA.

Rant over so Lynn enter the ring and eats a discus punch from Styles and gets a two count. Powerbomb from Styles gets countered into a hurricarana. Styles gets up and hits a spinning wheel kick and gets a two count. Lynn fights back and hits in a tilt a whirl backbreaker onto Styles. Lynn goes to the apron and gets a sunset flip in but Styles stomps onto Lynn, causing him to be stunned as Styles goes to the apron and does a springboard twisting splash onto Lynn and gets a 2 count again. Excellent moonsault from off the chest and charges at Lynn but Lynn boots him and hits a tornado DDT onto Styles and gets another two count. Styles does a suplex, drops him and does a neckbreaker and gets a two count. Nice move. Styles goes for a corner hurricarana but Lynn counters into a running powerbomb but only gets a two count. Lynn goes for the Piledriver but Styles counters into a back body drop, then gets him into the Styles Clash and gets the three count!

Jerry Lynn loses his first fall and both men are running out of stamina. They exchange punches with Styles getting the upperhand as Lynn goes for a rollup but gets a two count, and now they reverse each other's pins. Oh man this is awesome! Both men are up and they both hit a running clothsline onto each other! Styles gets up and hits a dropkick onto Jerry Lynn. Lynn then does a stunner onto Styles using the rope as Lynn goes to ringside and pulls Styles to ringside as well and slams his face onto the security barrier then whips him to the barrier at ringside. I think that's the first time that someone did that on this show. Lynn then throws Styles to the apron but Styles jumps onto it completely, then moonsaults over Lynn and lands behind him and executes a reverse DDT! Holy shit this is awesome! Styles gets up and throws Lynn into the ring and tries to get the pin but only gets the two count. Styles then springboard moonsaults over Lynn and tries the same spot again but Lynn sees it and does a reverse suplex as Styles crashes onto the ropes, Lynn then follows up with a rope hung DDT!

Lynn looks to be winded as he sets Styles up for the vertabreaker but Styles slips out but Lynn ends up nailing another modified facebuster onto Styles after reversing a powerbomb postion from Styles. Lynn gets up first and lifts him up for the powerbomb but Styles slips out and kicks Lynn int the gut and executes a fireman's carry front powerslam backbreaker but appears to have hurted his own knee, and only gets a two count! Man they're going to town with this match as Styles tries to lift Lynn up with a suplex but Lynn isn't allowing that as Lynn counters with a brainbuster but only gets two! Lynn finally gets the rest hold in and gets Styles into the sleeperhold. Man AJ looks to be out of it as Styles tries to fight it off as he hits a stunner! Styles goes onto the top rope and goes for a dive but Lynn runs up and punches him, keeping him grounded on the turnbuckle as runs up and sets him up for the superplex and nails it! Lynn then goes for the cover but only gets two! Lynn looks to be desparate now and stomps onto AJ Styles then throws him to the top turnbuckles but Styles shoves him off the ropes. Styles then poses to the crowd as he jumps from the ropes and nails the SPIRAL TAP!!!!!! :mark::mark::mark: Styles then goes down and wins the X-Division title!

Winner of the match and FIRST EVER X-DIVISION CHAMPION: AJ STYLES! Man what a sick 25 minute match! AJ looks so proud wearing his cheap ass little title, but he earned that title in that fantastic match. Now I know that a lot of people hate these kinds of matches where they do a series of matches and bitch because "They're only 1 minute" matches. Well fuck them this was the tits! It's kind of hard to rate this match because on one end we have 4 great guys who gave it their all and put on the best match the show has seen so far, granted they only had two shows but still. But on the other hand I wasn't a fan of Styles going at it with Lynn at the end. Sure they were great together but it was kind obvious that Styles was going to win it, being more young and energetic and all. If Low-Ki was in the finals with Styles then that would've made things more interesting to me. Also the final sequance of power moves got a bit stale after the 3rd Cradle Driver that Lynn did. Still I was entertained to say the least and that Spiral Tap was legendary. Easily the best man to give the title to. ****

So to end the show we have the announcers talking about the matches for next week. Oh yeah tag teams next week! Shit's gonna hit the fan quickly!

So confirmed for next week

Tag Team Tournament for the NWA Tag Team Championship: Featuring various tag teams from God knows where, and hopefully Chris Harris/James Storm makes an apperance.

Tag Team Match: Scott Hall and Brian Christopher vs K-Krush and Jeff Jarrett

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ken Shamrock(c) vs Malice

Notes for Natlav: Decend show this time around. Granted I wish we saw more wrestling than those friggin dancing girls, stripping ladies and Bobcat but overall nothing was really HORRIBLY bad to watch except for Cheex. Solid card next week and hopefully we'll see some really good tag team action. We only had 2 backstage promos this time, once with Goldilocks and Bobcat and one with Dupps and Storm/Harris so we can say that most of the time was committed to the outside action this time, and even less in ring promos so thats a good thing. Again if the X-Division didn't include the series of big moves at the end I would've loved the ending much better, I mean that Rainbow Express/Harris & Storm matched definitely needed that time if anything. Also I take back what I said about Steamboat not fit to be a good ref for the finals of the X-Division title match; I barely noticed a difference at all so I'll consider that a job well done. So now the big question.

Would this be worth my 10 bucks? This week, the answer is Yes. The first hour was pretty craptacular but after the Christopher/Krush match ended I felt that things picked up a bit, and of course the main even really saved the show. I actually hope they don't make that a weekly thing where they give all the time for the main event. Anyways I'm declaring this show to be the 'par' show. If a show is better or equal to this show then I'll give it a thumbs up, do worse then I'll say 'no this is not worth my 10 bucks.' So let's bring on some tag team action next week and pray for good shit!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The fact that you sat through 30 seconds of that woman's match auto makes you a better reviewer than me. And yeah I remember the card well and the X division match was the only stand out, loved that match and some of the other encounters Jerry/AJ/Ki would have after that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Such a good idea to go back and review TNA from the start. I remember some of those PPVs being shown here in Australia a couple of years after they first aired and they were definitely rough shows. Very hit and miss and reading through your reviews I wonder how they could have ever thought that some of these ideas were any good.

Does anyone know how many sales TNA were getting each week with these PPVs?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
AJ/Low Ki/Lynn was pretty much the only reason to watch this, I didn't like the stipulation of it, because it was too convoluted and should've just been a triple threat match imo, but it was pretty damn good.

Good thing this is all on youtube, hindsight watching kind of takes away the frustration of viewing this when it first aired and you can have a pretty good laugh at the shit they tried. Alot of it is still frustrating when you think what they could've done with this guy or that angle and whatnot.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The ladder match coming up soon still holds up to this day.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Yeah I gotta say watching these almost makes me want to watch the current TNA product. Almost.

Episode 3!

It's time for another TNA PPV Review! Last week we saw an awesome main event with a questionable midcard, and the week before we saw the exact same setup. Hope this doesn't become a weekly trend. I also mentioned that the show last week was the 'par' show, meaning if it's the show quality can be compared as the same or better then last weeks show it's worth the $10, but if not then it's not worth the money. Simple as that.

After the opening pyro goes off the Announce team starts to plug the two first ever title defenses on TNA as NWA World Champion Ken Shamrock will square off against Malice, and AJ Styles will defend his X-Division Championship against the ever-so-awesome David Young. It be nice to see what David Young was like last week but since half the match was showing Bobcat with Jeremy Borash I'm not quite sure how talent Young really is. Also the Tag Team tournament is plugged and so is the main event tag team match between K-Krush and Jeff Jarrett against Scott Hall and Brian Christopher. Cool. And to top it off the NWA President Jim Miller is here and he's apparently signing a big 240 pound 6'4 Japanese guy named Amori (sp?) to face off the winner of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship match for next week. Interesting to make blind matches like that, especially for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship but we'll see how that plays out.

And now we are sent to Borash in the ring as he's introducing our opening contest for the night, which is our first match in the NWA Tag Team Tournament. And here comes the team of "Wildcat" Chris Harris and "Cowboy" James Storm! Wildcat is sporting a maroon jacket while Cowboy is wearing the trenchcoat that America's Most Wanted is known for :mark:. Liking the looks of this bout already, it's time to see their...opponents... aww fuck it's The Johnsons. What happened to the Dupps? Richard and Rod Johnson (still no idea who's who) both enter the ring as the first matchup is officially underway.

Tag Team Tournament Match: Chris Harris & James Storm vs The Johnsons.

Chris Harris and Johnson #1 is starting off the match (I'm convinced that the commentators have no idea who's who) with a lockup then brings him to the corner where he wails on him with punches then hits a double underhook suplex for a 1 count. Johnson misses a shot to the corner and misses 2 clotheslines in a row and Harris hits a nice arm drag, then knocks him down and hits some mounted punches and tags in James Storm. Storm ducks a clothesline and hits a headscissor's takedown, then lands some punches but Johnson (Tenay now confirming he has no idea who's who) ends up hitting some kind of release neckbreaker then tags in Johnson #2 where they chuck Storm in the air and drops him back first to the ground. Johsnon hits some more strikes then lifts him up military press style and hits a slam then tags in back the first Johnston. Johnston then goes for a body slam but Storm slips out and goes for a snap punch but Johnson does another double underhook suplex transitioned into a vertical suplex. Cool.

Second Johnston is tagged back in and hits a double shoulder block to Storm and gets a two count. Johnton the lays down some stomps to Storm and tags in the first Johnston yet again, doing a double back body drop to Storm. Another body slam happens and Johnson goes for a dive but eats Storm's foot. Storm gets up and does the atomic drop onto Johnston then hits a superkick to Johnston. Hot tag happens and here comes Harris. Harris punches both Richard and Rod but they eventually keep Harris ground. Storm takes out a Johnson over the ring with a clothesline as Harris hits the legal Johnson with a spear! Storm and the illegal Johnson are brawling outside the ring (pathetically if I may add) and apparently Johnson #1 is back up already and laying down some punches to Harris. Harris bounces off the turnbuckles and goes for a diving cross body but Johnson catches it but Storm hits a missile dropkick and takes down Johnson! Nothing we haven't seen before but it definitely brough the match up a notch. Storm Harris goes down for the pin and gets a thee count!

Winner of the match and advancing into the tag team tourament: "Wildcat" Chris Harris and "Cowboy" James Storm! Easily the best ending we've seen in a non-main event match, which isn't saying much but still. A decent 5 minute match that definitely had the right team win the match and advance into the tournament. Crowd was into it somewhat and popped nicely when Harris and Storm won the match. It had everything that you can ask for in a tag team match really, minus the Johnsons. **

Post Match: Harris and Storm book it out of the ring and hug each other like how the Blackhawks celebrated the Stanley Cup win, while Plumtree comes into the ring and yells at the Johnsons and shoves them abit. Yeah smart idea pal. A Johnson grabs him by the throat and lits him up chokeslam style, drops him and shoves him to the ground then both leave. Plumtree starts to cry and tries to run after them.

Next Borash introduces Scott Hall to come out and I guess we're having an in-ring promo happening right now. Better not be a overly long one. Hall does his tradition "hey o" and already Jeff Jarrett is coming out! Nice shirt. Jarrett is just chilling on the stage and states that nobody wants to see or hear him and leave...bitch. Hall says that he talks alot of smack but can't back it up and tells him to bring it. Jarrett accepts the challange and is coming to the ring but NWA President Jim Miller stops Jarrett in his tracks. Miller tells Jarrett to back off to which Jarrett does, but K-Krush comes from behind Hall and ambushes him. That dastard! Hall fights back and goes for the Outsider's Edge but Krush slips out. Krush goes for a crossbody but Hall counters that into a fallaway slam then clotheslines K-Kush out of the ring. Scott Hall's music plays and that's the end of that in-ring promo. Kind of a shitty hype for the main event since you know, Brian Christopher wasn't even involved. Nice Hall, just shit all over your partner and hog the spotlight.

Don West is again plugging how awesome the show's are for $9.95 and Tenay is plugging the Amori match for next week but I guess something is happening backstage. Oh fuck James Storm and Chris Harris is being surrounded by EMT's as apparently they've been jumped backstage. Oh come on I call bullshits! I really wanted to see these guys advance into the tournament... well if can be classified as a tournament now (no idea how big the thing even is). So cut to the ring and we're seeing another jobber inside the ring, Anthony Something, as we're hearing the theme song of the debut of ABYSS!!!! :mark::mark::mark: ... no wait it's "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown. Hehe what a tease that was and it's cool he's debuting the theme song with lyrics. I can't complain too much because Monty Brown is pretty awesome as well, just wish it was Abyss. While the song is still playing Brown is saying how he's after the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Brown then charges into the ring and attacks the poor jobber.

Anthony Jobber vs "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown

Anthony goes for a clothesline but Brown ducks it an hits some flashy jabs, then hits a T-Bone suplex! Anthony gets up and whips Brown to the corner and goes for a charge but Brown catches him and hits Anthony with a powerslam! Brown poses to the crowd and picks him up fallaway slam style then transitions that into a kneeling powerbomb (can't think of the proper name) and gets the three count right there.

Winner of the match: Monty Brown. Aren't squash matches suppose to make guys look good? Monty Brown looked kind of sloppy in this match, but I can't remember if he was always that sloppy. Still it was only 1 minute long so I can't even rate this match. NR[/B[

Goldilocks is backstage and she's wondering where Jim Miller is, asking random people where he is. Wasn't he JUST sitting by the announcer's table, or did he excuse himself to go to the John or something. So eventually she finds a midget wearing a Psych Ward shirt going off about midget wrestling or whatever. He's swinging a kendo stick around and is saying how TNA should bring in Gary Coleman and the guy from the Howard Stern show. I guess he wants to kick some midget ass and wants to see a midget bleed. Oh god yes! :lmao Ok it's time for the second tournament match and we are seeing Joel Gertner coming out his Rainbow Express with their sassy pop music. Meanwhile Apollo is backstage with Buf Bagwell and Bagwell is saying how he's a 6 time World tag team champion with 5 other people, and says compliments that Apollo is number 2 wrestler, compared to yours truely Buff Bagwell. Shouldn't they have showed that before The Rainbow Express came out?

Tag Team Tournament Match: Rainbow Express vs Buff Bagwell & Apollo

Bruce and Lenny hug as Don West is already giving his seal of disproval of their relationship as Bruce and Bagwell are starting off this tag team match. Bagwell has the headlock onto Bruce, bruce then goes for a hiptoss but Bagwell counters into a hip toss of his own. Bagwell then shows off as Bruce comes and attacks him, brings him to the corner and goes for a running attack but Bagwell smashes Bruce to the top turnbuckle, knocks him down then does a springboard splash from the corner. Alicia is seen walking down the ring and somehow Bruce is on the offense now and throws Bagwell to his corner, tagging in Lenny into the match via classy kiss to the hand. I Gotta admit I actually like these guys better than WWE's Billy and Chuck. Lenny enters the ring and does a graceful poetry pose or something but Bagwell just poke him in the eye. Well that was pointless. Oh speaking of pointless Alicia is here and she's asking Ed Fererra for some money. Fererra turns off his mic so of course we can't hear anything as he's giving Alicia some money.

Meanwhile the camera cuts to the ring as we see Apollo clothesline both members of The Rainbow Express! The shot goes back to Alicia and then Apollo is going for the cover after a Sitout Powerbomb onto Bruce but Lenny breaks up the pin (while missing completely). Apollo then hits Lenny with the sitout powerbomb and gets two. I guess Lenny's the legal man here as Apollo is showing off his dominance, and Fererra is refusing to say what the money was all about. Gertner trips Apollo as Lenny nails a DDT onto Apollo and gets a two count. Lenny tags Bruce back into the match as Bruce is laying down some really hard and swift stomps onto Apollo, Apollo then resting on the top rope as Lenny hangs him on the rope while holding onto the legs, and Bruce jumps over Lenny onto Apollo World's Greatest Tag Team Style! Then they do it again! Lenny is tagged back into the match and hits a snapmere followe by an elbow drop, then hits some punches before getting a two count. Lenny gets up and Apollo ducks the clothesline as Apollo nails the full nelson slam onto Lenny, then tags in Bagwell into the match

Bagwell comes in and hits some punches to Bruce and Lenny, then a body drop onto Lenny, neckbreaker onto Bruce and back body drop onto Lenny. Lenny then is hanging onto the ropes and Buff goes for the crossbody and tries to tag Lenny over the ropes (I think...) but fails to. Apollo then randomly goes into the ring and whips Bruce to the ropes, Bruce comes back as Apollo ducks his clothesline, Bruce turns around and Apollo hits a SICK Superkick to Bruce! Apollo picks up Bruce and does the Fireman's Carry Cutter to Bruce. Lenny then interferes and the ref allows it for some reason as Apollo charges at Lenny by the ropes but Lenny pulls the ropes down and Apollo crashes to ringside! Bagwell then climbs the ropes and hits the Blockbuster onto Bruce! Lenny though sees Bagwell and lands him with the Superkick and goes for the cover (Bagwell being the legal man after all) and gets the three count!

Winners and advancing into the tag team tournament: The Rainbow Express! This match was just a bit over 5 minutes but there wasn't a dull moment. Not saying it's the most fantastic TV match ever but it's definitely an improvement since the first show. A small botch from Bagwell, but since it's a showoff doing the botch it kinda brings in some humerous irony to the situation so I'll let it slide. I'm glad that a team like the Rainbow Express won it over some made up team such as Apollo and Buff Bagwell so I'm pretty happy with this result. Can't wait to see the rest of the tourney. A **1/2 seems like a bit much considering some confusing parts in the match but it's definitely more intriguing than the first match, so I'm giving it **1/4

Post Match: Bagwell looks upset as Apollo pats Bagwell backs and leaves Bagwell to grieve as Ferrara walks up to Bagwell and asks him if we wants a microphone :lmao. Buff Bagwell says that his name is Marcus and don't call him Bagwell no more, cause his career is turning to shit. Buff Bagwell has ruined his career and he's going home apparently, and gives Fererra his hat.

In-Ring Promo with NWA Heavyweight Championship Ken Shamrock. Shamrock states that Monty Brown doesn't deserve his title shot because he only had one match while Shamrock had to go through 19 other guys to get his. And here's the 'What' chants. He says after he beast Malice and Amori Brown can have his title shot. The lights go off and James Mitchell is in the crowd and tells him to fear Malice and not worry about Amori and Monty Brown. The lights turn on and Shamrock is down as Malice is over him smiling. EMT's are now surrounding Shamrock as they're putting a neck brace on him and placing him on a stretcher. Oh this won't turn out nicely.

Goldilock is backstage and apparently Jim Miller is still MIA as she can't find him anywhere. The VP Bill is there and Jerry Lynn is offering to take Harris and Storm's spot if can find a partner. Bill ignores him and shoos him away as he's on the phone and can't comment to Goldilocks as well. And here comes down the midget named Puppet, yes the same midget from before, as he walks down the ring while holding onto the kendo stick. Most badass midget ever if you ask me. He's got 'Midget Killer' written on his back as he's throwing trash cans into the ring. Not sure if TNA is expecting me to take him seriously but I'm actually both laughing and excited to see what this is about. Puppett has a hatred for midgets and doesn't like seeing them 'flippity floppity' in the ring, and is calling out a midget because he wants to see midget blood. Oh man I love this guy! A midget named Todd Stone comes into the ring but gets ambushed from Puppet with a kendo stick!

Puppet vs Todd Stone: Midget Hardcore Match

Stone is down as Puppet is whacking him across the back with the kendo stick. Stone then gets up as Puppet grabs a trash can and whaps Stone across the head with the trash can! Puppet then throws Stone to the ropes and hits a clothesline, then a trash can shot to the stomach. Puppet then brings the trash can over and shows off it's undamaged side as Puppet brings up Stone and lands a body slam onto the trash can, barely making a dent! Puppet then places the the trash can over Stone's body while sitting up (yes!) and stacks to whack the can with the kendo stick. Puppet then picks him up fireman's carry style and transitions into the stunner for the 3 count!

Winner of the match: Puppet I'm not going to go on and on about this one because's there only one thing to say about it: it's hilarious. That is all. Honestly I'd be down to watch this guy kick the shit out of some midget for 2 minutes every show, and thats saying alot but I have zero interest in midgets. NR

Post Match: The referee tries to raise his hand but Puppet just smashes the ref's shoulder with the kendo stick while telling him off, then retreats before he can get another one and almost hits Borash as he tries to enter the ring. Puppet then leaves the ring as Don West tries to go for a high five but he ends up eating a kendo stick shot from the Midget Killer. Good job Don you pissed off the midget. Puppet is chasing the referee away from the ring and to the back. Aww he didn't try and hit one of the dancing girls right there?

Meanwhile Goldilocks is checking up on Shamrock, who is still being attended from the EMT's and nobody can say anything about his condition right now. Well then. Now we're getting a recap from the lingerie battle royal from last week where Taylor Vaughn has won the match, then Francine comes by and whips her with the belt. I didn't watch most of that segment but I never seen that Taylor completely no sold those belt whips. And now it's time for our first proper diva's match, and here comes Francine. Man she looks like she knows how to score some good rock or something. And of course her opponent is Miss TNA, aka the woman that Francine whipped last week, Taylor Vaughn. No surprise there.

Francine vs Taylor Vaughn

Bell hasn't even rung yet and Francine is already slapping Taylor with the belt, then starts to choke her with it. The ref grabs the belt away from Francine but Taylor nabs the belt and starts to return the favour to Francine! The ref tries to take the belt from Taylor but Taylor hits the ref in the shoulder and hits Francine a couple of more times as the ref calls for a disqualification. But the first bell never rang though...

Winner of the match: Francine! It's pretty bad when midget hardcore wrestling is more interesting than this. -NR. Yes that is a negative on the NR. This was the third one of the night, and this was by far the least entertaining.

Post match: Taylor is kicked out of the ring as Ferrara enters the ring and hands Francine the belt and holds her hand up in victory. Ok seriously did this guy pretend that nothing happened from last week, or is he pretending that we're all stupid or something. Anyways long story short Francine slaps and whips Fererra all over the ring.

In-ring promo: NASCAR Driver is being interviewed from Jeremy Borash. The crowd loves it because they're in Nashville tonight but fuck this. K-Krush comes out to interrupt and starts to diss Mr. Sandler, Sandler doesn't take it too kindly and tackles K-Krush to the ground and random people are now pulling them apart. I guess Sandler is wrestling K-Krush next week. Wonder if we will see Toby Keith wrestle Jeff Jarrett next week? And now it's time for the NWA World Heavweight Championship! What a suitable challange for Shamrock... if he's good to do the match still. And here is Ken Shamrock! And suddenly it's on as we are officially half-way though this week's show!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship match: Malice vs Ken Shamrock(c)

Malice ambushes Shamrock from inside the ring and shoves him out to ringside. Malice then exits the ring and starts to beat the crap out of Shamrock at ringside by bashing him onto the security barrier. More hell is being raised from Malice as he puts Shamrock's body inside the ring but leaves his head sticking and starts to choke him out. Malice then enters the ring and starts to beat him down even more with a series of strikes, then drops him onto the top of the ropes. After a stiff shot to the back Malice is now choking Shamrock with the ropes, then sits on the turnbuckle as he's choking Shamrock from behind! A small chant for Shamrock happens as Malice hits a snapmere followed by a running legdrop and gets a two count. Shamrock gets Malice into the armbar but Malice outstrengths Shamrock and escapes the armlock, then chokes him using the ropes again then throws him outside the ring. Malice then throws Malice onto the announce table headfirst, then does the dragon sleeper onto Shamock then pushes him back inside the ring.

Malice then continues hitting some punches onto Shamrock but Shamrock sneaks in a legbar onto Malice, Malice grabbing the ropes. Malice picks up Shamrock like he's nothing and lands a modified back drop onto Shamrock then does the exact same move next. Malice then once again chokes him out with the ropes and goes for a suplex but Shamrock counters and hits a snap suplex himself. Malice gets up and is pissed as he hits a couple of kicks to the midsection but Shamrock counters and hits the belly to belly suplex onto Malice and get the pin right there?

Winner of the match and STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Ken Shamrock Ok I can see that Shamrock was obviously going to win the match with a surprise move seeing how they're playing the injury angle while fighting a big monster, but winning the match with only one offensive move (after doing two failed submissions earlier on) was pretty dumb in my opinion, especailly after 5 minutes of complete dominance from Malice. Malice though didn't help either as his moveset seems very limited. Hate to rate a NWA World Heavyweight Title match this low but I can't be biased in my reviews. *

And looks like we're heading straight into the X-Division championship match. The only reason why I can see this match going ahead of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is because it's going to be at least 3 times better. Oh and here comes David Young with Bobcat, maybe not. Tenay is stating how some wrestling reviewer named Alex Marvez mentioned that the X-Divison match last episode was the best PPV match he saw all year. Two things bother me here 1) 2002 was a shitty year for most PPV main events (which is what he probably only reviews, also no offense to Jared who just reviewed the whole year in general) and 2) how TNA is using positive reviews from third parties to hype up their own product. Sounds kinda desparate in my opinion. Anywho Styles comes out and poses to the crowd but of course Young must attack Styles from behind.

X-Division Championship: AJ Styles(c) vs David Young

The beatdown happens as Young isn't giving any breathing space to Styles, Young then whips Styles to the ropes as Styles returns and flips over Young, some clothesline ducks followed by a beiutiful dropkick from Styles! Styles then goes for a punch but Young counters and goes for a full nelson slam but Styles counters that into a nice arm drag, then follows up with another swinging arm drag of some sorts (looks sweet actually). Both men are now running onto the ropes and eventually David Young shoulder blocks Styles to the get. Fantastic selling from Styles! Young goes towards the downed Styles but Styles does a kickup transitioned into a hurricarana! Young has to leave the ring as Styles runs up to Young but Young sees it coming and ducks down, Styles springboards from the ropes Tajiri style, runs up and summersaults out of the ring then clothesline Young to the ground. Styles than throws Young into the ring and then gets a two count. Young gets up and goes for the suplex but Styles slips out and whips Young to the corner. Young stays by the ropes as Styles goes to take him out but Young throws Styles to the apron. Styles then jumps onto the ropes but but Young shoves him away and falls to the ground at ringside. Young then goes onto the apron and hits a springboard moonsault onto Styles at ringside!

Young throws Styles back inside the ring and is going for a spinebuster but Styles slips out and starts to punch Young, Young hits Styles with a big punch then goes for a german suplex but Styles lands on this feet during the release. Both men battle for waists locks but Young ends up hitting a belly to belly suplex to a corner and gets a two count. A sequence of pins happens follow by a kick to the leg which Styles goes to hits knees, then Young hits an enzuigri to the back of the head and gets it a 2 count for that. And now we're seeing a shot of Bobcat waving to the camera while talking onto the phone. Young is now choking with the legs as Styles struggles to get out. Young appears to have given up on the submission already and hits a powerslam onto Styles and gets a close two count! Young then follows up with a suplex/brainbuster (bad suplex?) and goes down and gets him into a sleeper hold, Styles gets up and elbows Young a couple of times, ducks a clothesline and hits a superkick to Young but only gets a two count! Styles then springboards moonsaults over Young as Young catchs him on his shoulder but Styles slips behind him and hits a reverse DDT and gets a two count, then gets another two count. Ok get that woman off the camera, seriously Bobcat.

Back body drop from Styles then he hits a nice sequence of punches and kicks to Young and knocks him down to the canvas. Styles goes for a jump but Young ducks down and hits a spinebuster to Styles, but only gets a two count! Young looks to be annoyed now as he puts Styles to the top rope as he goes for a hurricarana from the top rope but Styles counters into the Styles Clash from the top rope!! Three count!!

Winner of the match and STILL X-Division Champion: AJ Styles! This match was nearly 10 minutes long and this was definitely needed, as I was slowly losing interest in this show. Good showing from AJ Styles and Young honestly impressed me here, now get rid of that dumb bitch and I'll be happy. Still it's nice we're not seeing Bobcat being shown throughout the 9 minutes of action, and we saw plenty of it. I may be rating this a tad high but this really was a nice change of pace from the past 4 craptactular matches. **3/4

Post-Match: Bobcat starts to dance in the ring, oblivious that her man just lost the match as Styles shoves her away and poses with the belt then leaves the ring. His facial expression when he shoved her made me giggle a little. Bobcat is still dancing around the ring, Young looking at her like "Are you Blue woman?"

A small plug for next weeks show goes on as they announce Ken Shamrock vs Amori for the NWA Title, Hermie Sandler (the NASCAR Driver) vs K-Krush, and a 6 man elimiation match to determine the ranking order (#1 Contender) for the X-Divison title; which involves Jerry Lynn, Low-Ki, Elix Skipper, Chris Daniels, Tony Mamaluke, and Kid Romeo.

Backstage with Goldilocks and Joel Gertner and Rainbow Express. Some sexual references and unneccessary bragging happens. Nothing worth writing about. And I guess we're having the finals right now as the winners from the second match The Rainbow Express (is it sad that I'm liking their theme song?) hits the ring. And I guess according to Borash it seems that they have a team to face off against the Rainbow Express. Jerry Lynn is out, makes sense, and his partner is.... AJ Styles? Ok seeing AJ wrestle for a second time is fine with me. Interesting pairing really.

Tag Team Tournament Finals for the NWA Tag Team Championship: The Rainbow Express vs AJ Styles & Jerry Lynn.

Styles and Lynn both rushes into the ring but gets ambushed from the Rainbow Express with a series of stomps to the back, Bruce then throws Styles to the corner and beats the crap out of him while Lenny hits Lynn with some punches but Lynn escapes the fury and hits Lenny with a dropkick! Bruce then runs up to Lynn but Lynn tosses Bruce over the ropes then hits The rainbow Express with a crossbody vault. The Express starts to gangbang Lynn but Styles hits a corkescrew crossbody onto The Rainbow Express. Nice way to one up Jerry Lynn. Bruce gets up after the replay and rams Styles onto the secutity barrier as Lenny and Lynn appear to be both starting the match. Lenny and Lynn are doing some wrestling moves as Lenny tries to lift Lynn by the waist is unable to, Lynn goes behind and does a wrestling takedown to Lenny. Lenny is up and whips Lynn to the ropes and misses a clothesline, then gets hit from a headscissor's takedown from Jerry Lynn! Lenny gets up and charges at Lynn by the corner but Lynn does the drop toe hold onto Lenny as he crashes onto the middle turnbuckle. Bruce then comes running up and Lynn does the drop toe hold again, Bruce ends up landing onto lenny's groin then Lynn starts bashing Bruce's head onto Lenny's groin area. :lmao

Lynn goes onto the apron and is ready to do an awesome move of some sorts but that evil asshole Gertner prevents him from doing so as Lenny throws Lynn back inside the ring then tags in Bruce via hand kiss. Bruce bashes Lynn's head into the mat and gets a two count fro that. Lynn throws Bruce to the corner however but Bruce throws Lynn over the ropes as Bruce goes for a shoulder thrust but Lynn jumps in the air during mid thrust and hits a leg drop onto Bruce. I love that move! After a two count Lynn tags in Styles into the match as Styles hits a few strikes and hits a spinning wheel kick to Styles, then tags Lynn back into the match. Diving bulldog from Lynn as Lenny breaks up the two count, Lynn starts smashing Bruce's face to the turnbuckle. Bruce then low blow's Lynn and tags in Lenny into the match. Lenny hits a headbutt to Lynn and goes for a full nelson slam but Lynn counters into a victory roll pin but only gets two. Lynn goes for a missed dropkick and Lenny gets Lynn into the Tiget Tamer but Styles breaks up the hold. Bruce (didn't even tag in) hits a body drop onto Lynn and gets a two count from that.

Bruce tags in Lenny again as Lenny holds up Lynn for a solid 15 seconds before dropping him into the vertical suplex before going for his sexy walk pin. Lenny hits some mounted punches then knocks off AJ from the apron and tags in Bruce back into the match. Bruce throws Lynn to the corner and goes for a running shoulder thrust but Lynn goes over him and counters into another victory roll but only gets two. Bruce goes for a waist lock but lynn gets in a waist lock of his own then throws Bruce to the ropes but Bruce springboards off them and goes for the sunset flip but can't seem to do it and they counter each other's pins. Lynn runs up and goes for another headscissor's takedown but Bruce counters that into a modified facebuster of some sort. Looked pretty sweet but Bruce only gets two. Chinlock from Bruce as Styles starts the clap as Lynn almost gets out but Bruce uses the legs to choke out Lynn. Lynn gets to his feet and escapes and goes for an elbow drop but misses Bruce. Bruce goes for a Cradle Driver but Lynn gets out, then goes for a powerbomb but but Lynn gets out and goes for a Cradle Driver but Bruce gets back to his feet and goes for a back body drop but Jerry Lynn takes down Bruce and gets him into a school boy all in one motion! Nice sequence!

Lynn then hits a Reverse DDT onto Bruce as both men are down and the ref goes for the double ko count. The hot tag happens as Lenny and Styles are in and Styles is ON FIRE with clotheslines! He gets Lenny into a hurricarana and follows up with a pin (a true hurricarana!) but only gets a two count. Lenny gets up and goes for a clothesline but Styles ducks it and hits a superkick to Lenny. Lenny moves away but doesn't go down as Styles hits Lenny with a discus punch and gets a two count. A couple of reversals happen between Lenny and Styles as Lenny ends up hitting a reverse Russian Leg Sweep(?) and Lynn breaks up the pin, Lynn then hits the Cradle Piledriver to Lenny then takes down Bruce out of the ring with a hurricarana, Styles then goes onto the top rope and nails the SPIRAL TAP onto Lenny and gets the three count! We have tag team champions in TNA!!

Winners of the match and NEW NWA World Tag Team Championships: Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles! Wow that was some sick shit! Granted I feel like a hypocrite after saying earlier I didn't want some random made team winning the tournament and the tag tiles but fuck it, it's Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles! I just know they're going to incorporate the titles into a nice feud for the X-Divison title. Anyways great match by all four individuals, match was over just about 10 minutes and much like the previous one there was not a dull moment! ***

After the celebration ends with Styles looking happy for being TNA's first double champion, we are taken back to backstage personel running backstage to see NWA President Jim Miller being tied up in a blue room... oh here just look at this.

TNAWeek3.png

They pretty much showed this for 10 seconds with Goldilocks standing there looking stupid without any explanation whatsoever. You think that Jim Miller could at least tell us what happened? Anyways we saw some highlights from the past two weeks leading up to the main event for the night. K-Krush comes out, then Jeff Jarrett. Tenay is putting the blame on Jarrett for what happened with Jim Miller backstage. Brian Christopher is out next and dances for us as finally Scott hall comes out and the fight happens inside the ring.

Main Event: Brian Christpher and Scott Hall vs K-Krush and Jeff Jarrett

Everyone is cleared out of the ring as Hall/Jarrett and Christoper/Krush fighting throughout the arena! Guys are being smashed into shit and Hall is now in the dancer's cage with Jarrett. After a nice tour of the arena everyone is back at ringside and Christopher and K-Krush is finally starting off the match. After a discus punch from Brian he goes for a legdrop but K-Krush moves and brings Brian out of the ring but here coems Hall. Hall hits a full nelson slam on K-Krush but Jarrett attacks from behind. Bloody Christ is there no order in this match?

Ok I guess Christopher and Jarrett are the legal men in this match as Christopher goes for the 10 punches, then goes for the bronco buster but misses and Hall gets tagged in and beats the crap out of Jarrett. Jarrett and Hall both crash to the mat together and Jarrett tags in K-Krush as Krush jumps from the top rope and hits a spinning missile dropkick onto Hall and Jarrett is already back in the match. Jarrett runs up to Hall and hits a swinging neckbreaker onto Hall. K-Krush is back in the match and hits a spinning shoulder block and gets a two count. Jarrett is back in the match and goes for a diving crossbody but Hall counters that into a pin but gets two. Fuck Hall is selling this pretty bad. Jarrett jumps onto Hall's back and goes into a sleeper hold but Hall gets out and gets Jarrett into the sleeper hold himself, Jarrett immediately counters into a stunner then a belly to back suplex. Jarrett is about to tag in K-Krush with a hot tag but Brian Christopher is pulling on Krush's hair, meanwhile Scott Hall is being Blue and doesn't notice that Christopher's not even there. What is this I don't even....

K-Krush then does the Axe Kick onto Scott Hall as Christopher missed his chance to get into the match. Camel Clutch from K-Krush but Hall hoists K-Krush up and executes an eletric chair drop! Hall goes for the tag but Jarrett and K-Krush tries to deny him the opporunity to tag out but Hall hits both men with a double clothesline! Hall then builds extreme supsense as he slowly makes his way and VERY SLOWLY reaches for Brian's extended hand but Brian removes it and shakes his head at Hall. Hall looks confused as Jarrett and Krush both attack Hall but Hall lays waste to everyone with rights. including Christopher now (which easily drew the biggest pop of the night) and tosses Brian into the ring. He hits Brian with a weird powerbomb drop and hits K-Krush with an Outsider's Edge (nice selling from K-Krush btw) but Jarrett comes by and so much different stupid and confusing shit happens at once (oh and the ref's out)

The match gets a bit clearer when Jarrett hits The Stroke onto Hall and Christopher hits the Diving Legdrop onto Scott Hall and Jarrett gets the pinfall. Brian Christopher and K-Krush appears to have just made an alliance between each other.

Winner's of the match: K-Krush and Jeff Jarrett. Boy what a trainwreck. The opening showed alot of promise but damn that was terrible. Scott Hall was sloppy, too many tags happened between Jarrett and K-Krush and I wasn't really entertained throughout this match. Granted though the Brian Christopher heel turn was a nice surprise, and was probably the only reason I'm actually bothering giving this match a rating. *

Post Match: Jarrett grabs the mic and goes off and kicks the crap out of Scott Hall (with poor selling as well) and Jarrett is going off on the mic. He's calling out some athletes in attenance as medical puts Hall on the stretcher and Jarrett hits a diving elbow to Hall. Jarrett is going off on the mic some more before shoving Hall off the stretcher. Jarrett's going apeshit here! The credits go off as Jarrett grabs the metal part of the stretcher and throws it on top of Scott Hall. Cool.

Notes from natlav: Not sure what to make up on this show. The opening 20-30 was good, then the next 40 minutes was pretty bad, then we had two pretty good matches, then the God awful main event but leading to Jarrett pretty much destroying Hall right there and then. If you were going to to watch this event then watch only the tag team tournament matches and the X-Division match, Malice vs Shamrock was a pretty big letdown as well. And for the question of the week.

Is this worth my 10 bucks? Yes. Put it this way, I was pretty disappointed overall with the show, and I watched this shit for free, so paying 10 bucks would've most likely soured my mood right there BUT, but AJ Styles doing two good matches and watching the tag team tournment unfold really did save the show for me. The beatdown of Scott Hall was awesome and Hardcore Midget wrestling was easily the best two minutes of the whole show (no insult to the wrestlers, but it was hilariously bad). I'm a sucker for the X-Division and hearing about the 6 Pack X-Divison match next week would most likely want me to tune in and pay another 10 bucks just to see it. I know many of you will disagree with me on this show but I stand on my decision.

EDIT: Nope this show was bad, Not worth my 10 bucks

Oh and mostly I want to find out who the hell is Amori (again, not sure on spelling).

Onto #4... Probably after Summerslam.

Last edited:

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Alright with UWF's Summerslam coming up, and since I ain't tired yet I decided to finish up on my review for Episode 4!

Alright before I go on to review episode 4 I'm stating right now that I'm changing my answer for last week: Last week was NOT, imo, worth the 10 bucks. I rewatched the whole episode with a buddy of mine (casual fan) and we both agreed the whole show was pretty bad in general except for Style's matchups. Then again he didn't even like the hardcore midgets, which in my opinion somewhat saved the show 8D . So yeah... hope this week is better!

Also I realize now that I'm a complete blueberry and misspelled Omori all last review. Don't judge me.

Episode 4
7/10/2002

Opening logo happens are we are ringside with Mike Tenay, Don West and Ed Fererra! Opening Pyro/Hypes happen as they plug in what's happening without going into any details. And look at this we're already getting into the action. Now this is more like it!! This opening bout is for the NWA Tag Team Champions as Father James Mitchell as Tempest and Slash (no Malice?) comes out while a recap of the whole tournament is shown (all three matches). Also just noticed Joel Gertner doing some pointless run in/retreat after the 3 count happens :lmao. Anyways AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn come out and are prepared to be defending their tag team gold as our opening contest is hapening!

NWA Tag Team Titles: The New Church (Slash and Tempest, formerly known as Devon Storm) vs Jerry Lynn & AJ Styles(c)

Slash gets in some early shots then a shoulder block followed by a missed elbow drop, and now Lynn is hitting some shots. Slash goes for a lifts but Lynn slips out, Slash though goes for a front powerslam but Lynn slips out again and shoves Slash to the corner. Kick to the midsection happens and a sliced bread #2 happens and gets a two count! Lynn goes for a hurricarana now but Slash ends up going for a Styles Clash type move (or a Boston Leg Crap) but Lynn flips over and lands a X-Factor onto Slash and gets another 2 count! Styles gets tagged in as Lynn does a drop toe hold while Styles does a standing modified senton bomb thingy as he gets two for that. Tempest gets tagged in and Styles gets a waist lock in but Tempest drives an elbow to Style's head, then a waistlock from Tempest happens and a nice wrestling takedown happens, Styles counters into a armlock but Tempest escapes and hits a body slam. Styles trips Tempest and gets in some nice arm drags and a few kicks, missed enzuirgiri and a RVD-style return kick. Temptest gets up and hits a facebuster to Styles as Styles is on one knee, Tempest then hits some jabs which brings Styles down. Headlock happens as Tempest shoulder blocks Styles down as Styles hits a drop toe hold and Tempest slides out of the ring! Fake jumps happens from Styles as Tempest ducks for cover, looks up as Styles is ready to jump for real but Tempest pulls Styles down as he bounces off the ropes and falls to the mat (can't find the correct wording for that, sorry). Tempest then climbs onto the apron and does a slingshot splash onto the downed Styles and gets a two count. HUGE chops from Tempest and a headbutt but Styles hits his own chops, then brings Tempest to the corner and runs up but Tempest elbows Styles in the face, steps onto the turnbuckles and does a sweet flip and sends Styles flying! Chop from Tempest then a powerbomb but Styles slips out and chops from Styles and goes for the Styles Clash but Tempest hits a back body drop but Styles lands on the arpon, then does a springboard dropkick! Slash enters but Styles throws him into the corner where Tempest is chilling as he hits Slash with a monkey flip and Lynn hits a running clothesline to Tempest at the corner as they whip Tempest onto Slash, knocking him down. then hits a double clothesline onto Tempest! They both then pick up Slash and lands a double low kick that sends him tripping to the gound then double clotheslines Slash out of the ring! Oh shit and Styles goes for a Cross Body Vault but Slash and Tempest catches him, Jerry lynn then hits a Sommersault Placha on top of Styles, knocking everyone down! Mini brawl happens as Styles goes for a springboard moonsaul to ringside but Tempest knocks Styles down instead! Tempest climbs onto the apron to reach for Lynn but Lynn does that legdrop spot as Tempest hangs from the ropes! Styles climbs onto the top rope as Lynn is holding onto the hanging Tempest as Styles does a springboard moonsault from the ropes but only gets a two count! Styles runs to the ropes but Slash captures Styles in his grasp but Styles shoves him away, Tempest though executes the Death Valley Driver but only gets two! Tempest then throws Styles to the ropes and hits a corkscrew elbow shot to the face of the returning AJ Styles! Tempest then tags in Slash as they beat on him and nail a double chokeslam but only gets two! Slash then picks up and hits the Slash and Burn onto AJ Styles and picks him up again and misses a dropkick as Styles catapults Slash to the turnbuckles, then hits a clothesline. A hot tag happens as Jerry Lynn and Tempest enters the match, Lynn does a back body toss onto Tempest then a series of punches to both men and a tornado DDT onto Slash but gets superkicked from Tempest. Tempest picks him up as Lynn though ends up hitting a bulldog onto Tempest but only gets a 2 count from that! Lynn goes for a a Cradle Suplex but the ref gets disracted and Temepst hits a low blow onto Jerry Lynn! Tempest puts Lynn onto the turnbuckles and does the frankensteiner but Lynn shoves him off and jumps into a diving crossbody but only gets a two count! Tempest gets Lynn up in the Death Valley Driver but Jerry Lynn gets out, shoulder thrust and hits the Cradle Driver but Slash becomes a dick and attacks Lynn, Lynn though easily dumps Slash over the ropes as Styles tags himself back in the match as Lynn looks on in wonder but Slash trips him and pulls him outside as AJ Styles does the Spiral Tap and gets the three count for the win!

Winners of the match and STILL NWA Tag Team Champions: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn. Match was about 11 minutes and WHAT AN OPENING! Hands down the best opening match that TNA has done so far that was full of action. My only complaint was the lack of heel offense at the beginning of the match, despite it being good it just made The New Church look kinda weak at the start and I couldn't take them seriously for a little while, but that soon wore off halfway through the match when Tempest was dominating for a little while. Also Styles taking the liberty to get the win was a nice way to end the match, having the shot of Lynn's expression before the Sprial Tap was really well done by everyone, including the camera crew. My only issue though is that AJ is probably the best thing in the early days of TNA imo, and using him from the start kind of worries me a bit but I'll withhold judgement until later. **3/4

Post Match: Unneccessary fireworks go off (really...?) as Lynn doesn't look too pleased for Styles tagging himself in the match but Styles is completely oblivious to Lynn's bitterness until Lynn leaves the ring, and AJ goes after him.

The shot goes to the announcer's table where Don West is wearing a HORRIBLE and LOUD shirt. Where's the Rainbow Express when you need them 8D? I guess Tenay is going to attempt to get at Scott Hall with a 'live' telephone call tonight. Recap of the main event tag team happens as Brian Christopher turns on Hall. And Jarrett beats the holy fuck out of Scott Hall! The recap is making the match look good but I recall is being crap. And now Scott Hall is cutting a promo via live phone call during the recap, complete with catchphrases and everything :lmao. Brian Christopher is out next as he has a microphone out and is cutting his own promo. Huh I had no idea he was Jerry Lawler's son... anyways his mic skills could use some work I guess. He's dissing his own dad now? What' s the point of this, his dad works for a different wrestling company ffs! Oh man this is dragging on waaaay too long, especially since this legit has no meaning for anything at all, but I guess we learned that he has daddy issues. Wait so after dissing his father for a whole 5 minutes he's changing his name to Brian Lawler?? Yeah ok makes perfect sense. Anyways Norman Smiley comes out and our next match happens.

Brian Christopher(Lawler) vs Normal Smiley

Brian goes for some stomps as Smiley is cowarding by the corner. Kick to the head and throws Smiley down and hits a neckbreaker onto Smiley. Brian misses a clothesline as he gets a dropkick from Smiley, then a shoulder block and now Smiley is going for a Wind-Up Slam. Smiley then does a small dance as Brian looks confused, then does a reverse manhattan drop followed by a regular manhattan drop then starts to get slapped on the back. Brian looks embrassed and does a DDT as he drives Smiley onto the mat, and now a "Jerry's Kid" chant is breaking out :lmao. Brian then brings Smiley to the corner and does the weakest running corner shoulder thrust that I've ever seen, but Smiley sells it well so it didn't turn out too badly. Brian then does a dance as the banadana rips off and chokes Smiley at the corner. Hard whip to the corner as Brian tells the crowd to stick it then hits a better running corner shoulder thrust, then does it again for a third time but Smiley moves out fo the way just in time! Smiley then hits a couple of jabs then a jumping headbutt, then follows up with a running shoulder block then a running clothesline! Smiley then does the 10 punches but misses the tenth punch as Brian shoves Smiley back down then hits the Diving Leg Drop, complete with the goggles still (and just like that I can't take him as a heel) and gets the three count right there!

Winner of the match: Brian Christopher A nice tv match that we saw there. Not gonna lie I was fully expecting a 2 minute squash but I think we got almost 5 minutes of back and fourth action. Nothing too solid but it wasn't weak, and the booking was well done as Brian comes out on top and looks to be prepared for his match with Scott Hall next week. But I'm glad this match didn't go a minute longer, so I'm pretty happy with it.*1/2

Post Match: Brian calls out Scott Hall and says that he's next on Brian Lawler's list. Wonder who else is on it.

Backstage we see Goldilocks approaching Jeff Jarrett as Jarrett is demanding a title shot against Shamrock tonight but Bill Behrens says he's not it and knows that Jarrett attacked Jim Miller last week and suspends him on the spot. Jarrett is pissed and walks away as Goldilocks is desperatly trying to get a word from either man. And from behind closed doors we can hear Father James Mitchell yelling at someone, assuming The New Church members Slash and Tempest. Ok now K-Krush is on stage and dances his way to the ring, ready for his match against the NASCAR driver Mr. Sandler! Pre-Show promo from K-Krush as he starts dissing all NASCAR fans again. Oh shit and now people are throwing shit inside the ring lol! And here comes Hermie Sandler with his pit crew! Shit just got real!

K-Krush vs Hermie Sandler

Staredown happens as a shoving contest happens, but K-Krush lands some punches to Sandley and puts him by the ropes but misses a lunge from K-Krush as he lands on the ropes, Sandler then dumps him to ringside and the crowd is going nuts! Sandler then hits a diving elbow drop from the apron and hits some mounted punches but K-Krush hits a huge jab to the gut. K-Krush then holds Sandler by the throat as he moves him around ringside as the ref tries to break it up, Krush then holds him by the post as Krush goes for a punch but Sandler ducks and Krush punches the steel post! Sandler hits some strikes and throws Krush back inside the ring. 10 punches from Sandler as Sandler throws Krush down and gets a two count. Kick to the midsection from K-Krush then he hits a axe kick to Sandler as K-Krush pose to the crowd, then dances around as he goes down but only gets a two count! Then another two count, then another one. Suplex from K-Krush but only gets a two from that. Running powerslam from K-Krush but that only gets two as well. Figure Four onto Sandler but Sandler reversed it as K-Krush breaks up the hold via ropes. K-Krush then runs up to Sandler but Sandler executes a Sitout Powerbomb onto K-Krush (nicely done too) but only gets two from that! K-Krush misses a dropkick as Hermie runs up to K-krush and takes him down with a series of punches but Krush ends up hooking the legs and uses the ropes for leverage as he gets the three count right there! K-Krush boots Hermie Sandler out of the ring and now the desicion has been reversed for some reason... grr I hate it when they book that! A heel hitting some cheap shots post match and having a desicion reversed.

Winner of the match via Desicion reversal: Hermie Sandler. Nothing more then a typical celebrity wrestling match. The crowd, obviously pro-NASCAR was into it but I found it boring as hell. Still waiting for Toby Keith to wrestle Jerry Lynn really. 1/2*

Backstage we see Omori warming up backstage but Alicia appears and demands money from Omori. Omori hands her some money and bows as he continues to warm up. Ferrera gets heckled for giving money last week as he states that he'll tell us later what that was all about. And now we're doing a tag team contest between two teams who have been 'tearing it up in the indy scene'. Cassidy and Chase, AKA the Hot Shots, make their way to the ring as Mark and Jay Briscoe are already in the ring.

The Briscoe Brothers vs Cassidy & Chase

Some wrestling happens as Cassidy and Mark Briscoe are both doing some nice wrestling sequences as they end up tagging in Chase and Jay into the match. Chase hits a nice spinebuster onto Jay but Mark ends up doing a springboard dropkick right after the spinebuster and takes down Chase Stevens! Chase though tosses Mark out of the ring as Cassidy enters the ring and they both take out Jay out fo the ring, then The Hot Shots jumps over the ropes and lands on the Briscoe Brothers. A small brawl happens inside but Malice appears out of nowhere and lands a spinebuster onto Cassidy and ultimatey stops the match.

Match ends in a no contest? NR

Post match: The Brisocoes are completely oblivious on what's happening as they clothesline Chase to Malice as Malice hits a clothesline to Chase, but Malice ends up clotheslining both of the Briscoe Brothers down! Chokeslam onto Cassidy then chokeslams a Briscoe Brother HARD on the ring (sounds kinda distorted) and clears the ring completely. Tempest and Slash, and Mitchell all enter the ring as Mitchell states that he wants the blood of Shamrock on Malice's hands. Man everyone wants Shamrock tonight, but didn't Shamrock beat Malice clean last week? Well I guess Shamrock didn't have enough time to come out so someone's blood has to be spilt, so James Mitchell ends up picking the timekeeper to get his ass kicked. Oh shit his face was priceless :lmao. Malice is ready for a powerbomb onto the poor fat bastard but Shamrock comes down at the nick of time and takes on all three members of the New Church at once but Malice has Shamrock for the chokeslam, then holds a pose for like 10 seconds as Omori comes out to save the day! Ring is cleared as they both look at each other in surprise.

And now Goldilocks is backstage with The Dupps as the two cousins are making out (nice) as the other one starts to talk. Then the second one takes the girl as the first guy is doing the talking. Oh man this is hilariously bad. Well I guess the Dupps and The Flying Elvises (fuck...) are suppose to go at it but we're hearing some low jazz music being played as Jasmin St. Claire comes in as the announcer's are going nuts for her. Anyways she dances and shit as he strips and whatnot but gets covered up. Fererra gets pissed and tackles the man covering up Jasmine but uggh what a complete waste of time.

Anyways NOW it's time for The Dupps vs the Flying Elvises. I guess Jimmy Yang is in Japan so we're getting only Sonny Siaki and Estrada this time!

So we see Plumtree at ringside on his own without The Johnsons for some reason as we are about to get this match under way! Stan Dupp dumps Estrada over the ring as Bo Dupp throws Siaki at Stan as Stan does a nice spinebuster onto Siaki, now Bo Dupp does a splash and both men clears the ring. Bo Dupp starts off the match with Estrada getting Bo in a headlock as Bo takes him down with a shoulder block, Estrada then does a kip up but Bo grabs Estrada by the hair, hits some headbutts and a clothsline. Bo then throws Estrada to the corner but Estrad jumps onto the top rope and flips over Bo Dupp, then hits a superkick! Bo though throws Estrada into the corner and hits a shoulder thrust to the corner as he tags in Stan Dupp into the ring, Bo hitting a reverse Manhattan Drop as Stan does a clotheslien to Estrada! Legdrop from Stan. Stan throws Estrada to the corner where Estrada tries to jump over Stan but Stan isntead counters with an Alabama Slam onto Estrada then gets a two count! Stan then throws Bo back inside the ring as Bo hits some punches then misses a clothesline as Estrada jumps onto Bo's shoulders but Bo does a front powerslam as a counter. Siaki enters the ring as Stan tries to help Bo but the ref keeps Stan by the corner while Siaki hits a SICK neckbreaker onto Bo Dupp, Siaki then gets tagged in but only gets a two count. Strikes to Siaki from Bo as Bo thros Siaki to the apron but Siaki knocks him down with a punch, then climbs onto the top turnbuckle and hits a split legged moonsault onto Bo Dupp! Bo gets up as Siaki hits some punches but Bo takes Siaki down with a spinebuster again as Bo goes down as they go in for a hot tag with gets a non reaction from a crowd. Too soon maybe? Stan enters and goes wild as he takes down both Estrada and Siaki with kicks and forearm smashes. Estradad takes out Bo Dupp but a back body drop to the outside as he jumps over the ropes and hits a cross body vault onto Bo Dupp. Stan Dupp then hits a full nelson slam onto Siaki but then picks him up again as Siaki counters a punch and puts Stan's arm under his groin as Siaki hits a modified belly to back drop! Estrada then enters the ring again as he does the Estrad Springboard (springboard moonsault transitioned into a Swanton Bomb) as Estrada gets the three count right there!

Winners of the Match: The Flying Elvises Meh it's pretty much like what he saw in the Styles/Lynn vs The New Church, with less than half of the time given (about 5 minutes). No flow, just some fancy moves with a completely unnesseccary hot tag that NOBODY popped for. I'm pretty sure that The Flying Elvises are suppose to be the heels here but they're definitely getting more pops from the crowd than the Dupps did. *3/4 because Plumtree and Ferrera should never do commentary together. Ever.

And we're taken backstage as AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn are having a brawl backstage! Well that feud escalated quickly, could've milked that for a little bit longer but w/e I guess they were running out of ideas for the next show already? Btw that Cradle Driver on top of the metal box looked sick; man AJ could sell well. And now we're onto our next match of the night.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Ken Shamrock(c) vs Omori

Shamrock doesn't even have his belt out during his entrance. Anyways knee strikes onto Omori from Shamrock and Shamrock goes for a kick but Omori ducks it and misses a clothesline as Shamrock does a DDT and goes for the two count. Oh yeah forgot to mention Harley Race is at ringside for some reason. Shamrock get in the figure four headscissors onto Omori as Omori gets the ropes and a ropebreak happens. Kick to the back of Omori as Shamrock is laying waste onto Omori with punches but Omori hits a european uppercut to Shamrock, then hits a spinning wheel kick and connects onto Shamrock! Smash to the turnbuckle and some punches from Omori, then a dropkick. Omori gets in a chinlock and Shamrock escape but Omori hits some jabs in, smash to turnbuckle then throws him into the opposite side as he hits a spinning wheel kick to the corner then tries the same thing but Shamrock avoids it as Omori gets caught in the corner, now Shamrock applies pressure onto the leg. Omori gets up as Shamrock his some punches then starts to choke Omori with the ropes. Omori then runs to the ropes and hits a neckbreaker onto Shamrock but gets a two count. Full nelson slam and Omori goes onto the top rope and misses a knee drop as Shamrock escapes, then hit some kicks to the legs and the bad knee of Omori. Omori counters a whip and hits an Axe Bomber (clothesline) onto Shamrock upon his return but only gets a two count. Shamrock hits some jabs to the ribs of Omori then hits a running dropkick onto Omori and gets Omori into a legbar submission hold! Ropebreak from Omori and a TNA chant is happening. Clothesline from Omori again as he tries to ease the pain on his knee as he tries to go for the powerbomb but Shamrock takes him down instead. Shamrock then goes for a move but Omori fights his way out of it with a series of strikes, Omori then goes for the full nelso as Shamrock knocks Omori down for the armlock but then transitions that into teh ankle lock but Jeff Jarrett makes his way to the ring and smacks Shamrock in the back with a chair, causing a DQ to end the match.

Winner via DQ and STILL NWA World Heavyweight Champion... Ken Shamrock! Not much to say, pretty generic with Shamrock, some foreign star and a shitty ending. *1/2

Post Match: Jarrett starts hitting everyone with the steel chair, even Harley Race gets hit square in the head! Oh boy I hope he has health insurance. Even the ref does an epic dive to avoid the chair shot :lmao. And now security is getting owned from Jarrett.

Backstage Goldilocks is approaching Goldilocks as he looks like he's going through a mental breakdown right now. Lynn states "You want some, I'll give you some. Open your mouth and say 'aww'" and throws the microphone to her. Man what a pig! And now Father James Mitchell and The New Church comes behind her and apparently Mitchell is looking for Jarrett, because he's about to do something sinful. And we're hearing muffled sounds as Goldilocks checks out the same spot where Jim Miller was found tied up as Bill Behrens is tied up and marked up as well. I wonder who's behind all of these attacks. :hm: And now our 6 man Elimination match is happening for the Contendership chart for the X-Divison title.

6 Man Elimination Match for the Contenders spots for the X-Divison Championship: Low-Ki vs Elix Skipper vs Kid Romeo vs Tony Mamaluke vs Chris Daniels :mark: vs Jerry Lynn

As assumed this is going to be a four corners elimination match as Chris Daniels and Kid Romero both does some nice chain wrestling sequences, Daniels gets an armlock in as Romeo gets Daniels in an headlock as Daniels throws Romeo away but Romeo comes back with a shoulder block. Daniels comes back as Romero tries to go for a hip toss but Daniels doesn't allow it, flips him over and does a modified arm drag while in midair! Romero then does the dropkick as they both get up as Romero backs up but Elix Skipper tags himself into the match and advances on Daniels and gets him into the full nelson, then a snapmare but Daniels gets up but eats a spinning heel kick from Skipper and gets a two count. Daniels hits a clothesline and keeps Skipper down with some stomps but Skipper rams Daniels to the corner as Mamaluke enters the ring for Daniels. Both take down Skipper as Mamaluke gets a two count. Mamaluke then hits a couple of chops then does a northern lights suplex but gets a two count from that too. Skipper tries to go for a facebuster but Mamaluke slips out of that with great difficulty then gets Skipper into the armbar then a rollup for two. Dropkick from Mamaluke but Skipper springboads from the ropes and hits a clotheslien to Mamaluke. Jerry Lynn now is tagged in from Skipper as headlock from Lynn, thrown by Mamaluke to the ropes as Lynn flips over and goes for a monkey flip but Mamaluke lands on his feet! Arm drag from Mamaluke as he goes for a hip toss but Lynn counters that into a backbreaker, then a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker from Lynn. Lynn then tags in Low-Ki as Ki hits some STIFF kicks to Mamaluke and takes him down completey and goes for a pin but gets a two count. Mamaluke then ends up tripping Lynn then does a belly to back suplex but gets a two count. Double arm DDT onto Ki an gets Ki into a submission hold but Ki breaks out of it. Mamaluke then tags in Romero but moves Low Ki to the other corner and tags in Daniels instead (?). Daniels enters and brings down Ki with some moves, then a powerslam but only gets two. Enzuirgiri kick from Ki as Daniels falls and Ki tags in Romeo. Romeo hitting some shots to Daniels but Daniels hits a dropkick and tags Jerry lynn back into the match. Lynn then does a vertebreaker/airplane spin then lets Romeo go but Romeo gets in the Gory Special but lynn breaks it and gets a rollup for two. Lynn gets thrown to the corner but Lynn ends up climbing the ropes, hits Romeo in the head with his foot and does a tornado DDT but STILL gets a two count! lynn then tags Daniels back into the match as Daniels goes for a headbutt but Romeo moves out of the way as Daniels crashes to the mat. Romeo tags in Lynn as Lynn and Daniels are at it on. Daniels tags out Lynn to the floor with a headsissors takedown then goes for the baseball slide but Lynn moves out of the way as they fight at ringside. Spring split legged moonsault from Daniels followed by a dive from Romeo, then a Summersault flip from Mamaluke. Skipper and Ki are fighting inside as they both then jump over the ropes and lands on the four guys outside the ring! Nice spot! A brawl happens outisde as Lynn and Daniels are back in. Lynn goes onto the apron and does the legdrop as Daniels is hanging between the ropes. Lynn then goes onto the rope rope but Mamaluke takes down Lynn instead. Lynn gets almost counted out but Mamaluke is apparently back in after the recap is shown (nice work guys...). Mamaluke then does a front suplex, then another front suplex then ends it with a Russian Leg Sweep. Oh and now I guess Jerry lynn DID get counted out, thus eliminated. Excellent work guys, could've thrown me a bone or something for that call. Anyways Daniels does a jawbreaker but Skipper tags himself back into the match as Skipper does a couple of flips with Mamaluke and does the Overdrive and Mamaluke is elimated, become Contender #5! Low Ki is in the ring as he hits some serious strikes as Skipper somehow slips through the ropes after a whip. Ki throws Skipper back in the ring as he hits some more chops, Overdrive attempt from Skipper as Low Ki does the muscle buster postion but rams Skipper to the corner! What a sick move! :mark: Ki then goes for the pin but only gets two. Ki hits some stiff kicks to Skipper and goes for a springboard kick but Skipper does the matrix dodge then hits a side belly to belly suplex! Skipper then does a missile dropkick but Ki ends up tagging Daniels back in the match, Daniels gets hit from a overhead suplex, a two count then happens. Skipper then executes a reverse suplex. Daniels though hits a shot to the gut then a neckbreaker onto Skipper, some reversals happens as Daniels does the Last Rites and pins Elix Skipper, and becomes the #4 Contender for the X-Divsion Championship. Romeo is back in and does some more reverals before hitting a bulldog onto Daniels but only gets a two count. Romeo takes out Ki then goes onto the top rope but Daniels pushes the ropes as Romeo falls onto the turnbuckle. Daniels goes for the Frankensteiner but counters that into a super move-of-doom-that-I-have-no-idea-on-what-it's-call-but-still-is-awesome!!! (I'm a terrible reviewer I know). Anywho Romeo gets a three count and... NO DANIELS HAD HIS FOOT ON THE ROPES! Oh shit!! Daniels tags in Low-Ki as Ki hits a springboard dropkick, then hits a Tital Crush and gets Romeo into the Dragon Clutch as Romeo taps out and becomes the #3 Contender! Ki then goes for a cover on Daniels but Daniels kicks out. Shots from Ki as they trade places on the corner and hits some shots. They do a series of clothesline counters as Ki ends up hitting a clothesline to Daniels and Daniels eventually trips Ki down. Daniels goes onto the turnbuckles to go for a moonsault but Ki stops him but Daniels throws Ki off the ropes, Daniels falling as well. Daniels then climbs onto the second rope and does the BME onto Ki but only gets two! A series of pins happens now as Low-Ki has the dragon clutch on Daniels but Daniels counters with a snapmere. Ki is on the top turnbuckles again as Daniels does the Fall from Grace but only gets a two count from that! Daniels looks perplexed and frustrated and goes for the Last Rites again but Low-Ki sees it come and spins back around, then executes the Ki Krusher and gets the three count!

Winner of the match and #1 Contender for the X-Divison Championship: Low-Ki! A really solid 20 minute main event and saved the show from being a complete distaster. When you think about it though the concept match is extremely pointles since everyone in that match gets a fucking title shot anyways, just in different weeks. That's my only real gripe for that match, but other than that this was a pretty solid one with plenty of action. Stoked to see Low-Ki vs AJ Styles next week as well. ***3/4

Post Match: The Flying Elvises comes out and raises some hell for not being part of the X-Divison match as Elix Skipper comes back but gets his ass kicked as well. Romeo and Mamaluke makes the save as The Flying Elvises makes the save.

And to end the show they're talking about the confirmed matches for next week including:

X-Division Title: AJ Styles vs Low Ki :)mark:)
Scott Hall vs Brian Lawler
Puppet, Hardcore Midget vs Meatball, World's Largest Midget

And Jeff Jarrett comes out and claims that he's getting a title shot next week (what an attention whore) as he starts to diss the Teenesse Titans, but the one player comes over the railings and starts to throw Jarrett around like a ragdoll. Now the Titans are gangbeating Jarrett but The New Church comes around and raises some more hell, but Jarrett starts swinging the chair once again. The show ends with Malice fighting in the crowd with Jeff Jarrett.

Soooo... maybe Jarrett vs Malice?

Alright alright let's cut down to the chase for this review. NO this PPV is not worth the 10 bucks. Why? Because every match on the card was either boring or pointless (the latter being the opening and main event matches). To be honest I almost shutted the thing off during the Dupps/Elvises match and debated on copying some other review, but glad I didn't because I liked the main event match.

See y'all at Episode 5!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You ever get that "you know you watched this, but can't remember a thing about it"?. That's me, I know I seen this, Got to episode 14 before I threw in the towel om youtube. But after your review, I can see why I dont remember it, what a boring show.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Episode 5

And we are at TNA Weekly PPV #5! Where the shows are sometimes crap but the main events are usually well done (or vice verse once). Tonight we're going to see some hopefully good stuff as last week's show was pretty terrible. Now onto the show!

We see a clip from last week where Jeff Jarrett is kicking the holy crap out of Scott Hall. Yeah I totally remember that clusterfuck segment. :lmao. And we're getting an interview shot from last week where Goldilocks is apparently stalking Ken Shamrock outside in the rain, but Shamrock is Chrisfucked pissed as he tells her to piss off. Huh, interesting.

Opening video is played and pyro goes off and Tenay introduces us to the show and apparently Malice and Jeff Jarrett are going to fight in what appears to be a ladder match for the #1 Contendership for the NWA World Championship.... oh hold on Jeff Jarrett is shown backstage with Scott Hall as they're brawling. It looked good until the weak-ass security team trying to break up the 'fight' made the whole scenario look weak. Oh well what do you expect with Scott Hall? Oh and I guess Jeff Jarrett has already been forfeited from the match already. Ah fuck, hopefully something good will come out of this. And now James Mitchell is coming out with Tempest, Slash and Malice. Mitchell is out and despite Jarrett being gone from the match already, he's extending the match to anyone in the lockeroom. "Malice still wishes to have blood on his hands" Ahh good old corny characterization. The lights go out suddenly and SABU IS HERE!!!!!:mark:. Didn't see that coming at all and we have a match already.

#1 Contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Malice vs Sabu

Sabu is already on the assault and hits some punches but Malice hits some punches. Sabu boots Malice as he goes on the ropes and does a tornado DDT onto Malice. Spinning wheel kick from the springboard but Malice ends up taking Sabu down. Forearm drops onto Sabu followed up by a choke. Body slam then Malice recieves a chair and goes to swing it but Sabu trips Malice down. Sabut then throws the chair at Malice (remember this is still a ladder match) then does it again for good measure. Sabu sets up the chair in front of Malice then tries to go for a running crossbody off the chair but Malice catches him then hits a back breaker. Malice kicks the chair away then hits a vertical suplex. Legdrop from Malice then throws him to the corner. Then throws him onto the chair that Tempest is holding onto. Teamwork yo! Malice then tries to go for a jumping knee strike but misses and flys out of the ring. Malice can't make up his mind what to do outside but evntually goes to grab the ladder, Sabu though does a baseball slide kick onto the ladder sending Malice back. Sabu then jumps off the chair and clears the ropes, hitting Malice outside! Sabu is taking down the Disciples at ringside with various high risk moves and Sabu grabs a table from under the ring! Malice then sneaks a shot as he hits some strikes onto Sabu, then drops Sabu onto the ladder laying between the barrier and the apron then does it a second time! Oh shit and Sabu's nose is broken! Malice enters the ring and throws the ladder at the corner, then throws Sabu onto the ladder; followed by a body avalanche to the corner! Then Malice picks up the ladder with Sabu laying on top of it and slams the ladder and Sabu onto the ground! Sick! Sabu's nose is broken good as Malice has that chair again and smacks Sabu hard on the back with that. Sabu is back up as Malice approaches Malice with the ladder but Sabu hits a springboard back kick onto the ladder, taking down Malice then follows up with a legdrop. Sabu then climbs the ladder but Malice appears and goes for a powerbomb! Belly to Belly suplex onto the ladder from Malice! Oh shit that must've hurt bad! Big boot from Malice then sets up the ladder in teh middle of the ring and climbs it but Sabu jumps off the ladder and kicks it down! :mark: Malice then places the ladder on the corner again and throws him onto the ladder, then charges but Malice misses and rams himself onto the ladder, Sabu then throwing the chair at Malice again! Sabu then jumps off the chair and hits a leg to the head of Malice. Meh that spot looked kinda weak with the ladder behind him. Sabu then throws the ladder down onto Malice as Malice is down and Mitchell looks worried. Sabu hits a legdrop with that chair but Tempest grabs a hold of Sabu. Sabu escapes and sets the ladder up again but Malice throws him off the ladder. Sabu then presses the chair two times onto Malice, not going down as Sabu goes for another chair shot but Malice ends up doing the spinning spinebuster! Malice is climbing the ladder again but Sabu pushses Malice off the ladder and Malice flies out of the ring, crashing onto the table at ringside! Sabu then climbs the ladder and grabs onto the ladder and retreives the contract!

Winner of the Match: Sabu! It was definitey a good 13 minute ladder matchup. Not sure why it's the opener, unless if they have something else planned for the World Title scene later on in the show. Nothing really overly done in this match, which is not neccessarly a bad thing. It kept me entertained throughout the match and Malice definitely looked better than he did last time against Shamrock. A bit surprised that Sabu won but let's see how this plays out. ***.

Post Match: The Disciples attack Sabu after the match. They grab another table while Malice is beating up Sabu with the steel chair, Malice then does a chokeslam off the apron and lands on the table! A much better table spot than in the actual match.

Outside we see Berrings and Jarrett arguing as Jarrett is trying to make his way back into the arena but security is still holding him back. Really they've been doing this for twenty minutes. God what a shitty security team they must have. And back inside as Sabu is being helped up Styles walks down the ramp (no music) and grabs a mic and calls out Jerry Lynn. 10 seconds later Lynn comes out and here comes the claws! And Lynn is dissing Styles pretty badly, which is pretty funny considering he chose Styles as his tag team partner but whatever this is a pretty good promo from Jerry Lynn. On a more serious note SOMEONE FIRE ED FERRERIA! God his commentary is annoying! After Jerry tells Styles to respect him, Styles does the exact opposite and take him out. with Style 8D.

Jasmine St. Clair is about to be interviewed by Goldilocks, but of course we must watch the re-cap from last week where Berrings tries to stop Jasmine from stripping but Ferreria ends up spearing Berrings. :lmao. And as soon as Jasmine is about to be interviewed Francine comes along and attacks Jasmine, taking her out in the bathroom. Next.

Oh cool and here comes down K-Krush. I can't take him seriously now as he's losing his hairline in the WWE currently. He's complaining on why he isn't the star in TNA? I don't know K-Krush why don't you go ask Scott Hall that? Also lmao to the kid holding up a We Waste Everyone's time poster as K-Krush disses the WWE. Not much else to say about his promo, pretty good stuff. "I am the truth, and the truth will no longer be denied" OH SHIT!. And the moment is ruined when Norman Smiley is making his way to the ring.

R-Truth vs Normal Smiley

R-Truth his some strikes onto Smiley, but Smiley ends up hitting a hip toss onto K-Krush. A couple of dance moves and then hits a wind-up body slam. Smiley then grabs K-Krush as he's about to do a faceplant but ends up slapping R-Truth on the ass a couple of times, then does that faceplant. Strikes onto K-Krush as Krush does some blocks then hits a dropkick onto Smiley but gets a two count. Assault onto the corner then places his weight onto Smiley's chest. Missed punch from Krush leads to a back suplex from Smiley. Exchange of punches and Krush falls to the mat, then a headbutt onto Krush. Smiley is keeping Krush down but Krush hits a front suplex and wins the match right there.

Winner of the match: R-Truth! Alright I'll admit. Normal Smiley can be an entertaining guy... in small doses that is. Probably the best squash match TNA has pulled off so far to be honest. NR

Post-Match: K-Krush is beating up Smiley with his belt, sending a message to the world and he's hanging Smiley over the ropes with that belt wrapped around his neck. And now some elderly lady is coming out, apparently Smiley's wife, as he tries to get Krush to release Smiley but K-Krush grabs her by the collar and threatens her. Security comes out and breaks the two up.

Goldilocks is backstage interview Puppet, the hardcore midget, as he's in a trashcan for some reason producing some fast thumping noises :hm:. I guess he's not doing what everything thinks he's doing (Goldilocks is oblivious, obviously) and Puppet is going on and on about some crazed shit; stating that he suffers from PMS: Pissed Midget Syndrome :lmao. I love this guy! Goldilocks gets annoyed with Puppet and walks down the hall, only to see the Dupps doing some redneck activities (playing with fire and making out with their cousins. No seriously that's what they're doing). Oh God this has to be worse than being a field reporter for Fox News. Back in the arena we see the undefeated The Flying Elvises coming out as Siaki and Estrada are coming out (still no Jimmy Yang). And their opponents for tonight is Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels! Triple X!! :mark:

Flying Elives vs Elix Skipper and Christopher Daniels!

Some pre-match fighting happens but it looks like that Siaki and Skipper are starting off, Siaki hits a move and Estrada comes out, hits a standing moonsault and gets a two count. And now Siaki is on commentary as Estrada is kicking ass in this ring. He hits a double underhook suplex, then some stomps onto Skipper while Siaki leaves the commentary booth and gets tagged into the match. Siaki gets booted from Skipper but Siaki hits a backbreaker onto Skipper. Estrada is tagged back in as Estrada hits a springboard moonsault onto Skipper. Skipper fights out but Estrada hits a Gory Bomb styled move as Siaki is back on commentary. Estrada hits a couple of strikes then throws Skipper onto the apron. Skipper then flips back into the ring then hits a clothesline all in one motion. Impressive! Early Hot tag has Daniels into the match as Daniels lays waste to the flying elvises as he finishes with a bulldog/leg clothesline combo onto both men! Daniels is striking Siakia at the corner but Estrada comes from behind and hits a belly to back suplex. Skipper comes by though and jumps ontop of Daniels who's on all fours, lands on Estrada's SHOULDERS, JUMPS OFF THEM and hits a hurricarana onto Siaki! Holy Fucking Shit that was sweet!! :mark::mark: Daniels then does a belly to back sitout powerbomb onto Estrada but only gets a two count! Daniels gets tripped from Siakia at ringisde as Estrada hits a low dropkick onto Daniel's head. Estrada then hits a diving legdrop, gets a two count and tags in Siaki! Chops onto Daniels, Daniels then hits in a couple of shots onto Siaki but Siaki drives his knees onto Daniel's gut. Estrada gets tagged in but doesn't last long as he eats an enzuigri kick from Daniels! Another hot tag as Skipper kicks out Estrada out of the ring, then a belly to belly suplex and a double underhook suplex onto Siaki as Skipper gets a two count. Estrada hits an X-Factor onto Skipper and almost gets a two count but Daniels makes the save! Daniels gets tagged in as he hits an STO then a Best Moonsault Ever but Siaki breaks up the two count! Siaki gets tagged in but Daniels hits a reverse STO onto Siaki, tags in Skipper as Skipper climbs the ropes and hits a NICE missle dropkick but only gets two! Siaki hits a pumphandle suplex but Daniels makes the save and takes out Siaki out of the ring. Skipper goes for the Overdrive onto Estrada but Estrada esacpes it and goes for a belly to back suppex, Skipper though lands on his feet and hits the Overdrive anyways as Skipper tries to go for the pin but the ref is distracted. Skiai then hits a SICK neckbreaker-like move (don't know the name) and gets a three count with that!

Winners of the Match: The Flying ElvisesDamn fine matchup! 10 minutes of pure action that had a good flow, ring pyschology to it and most of all nice moves from all four guys. I hope Siaki doesn't try to do commentary during every match of his because that's really annoying, and it only works when The Rock does it. Still we're already half way through the show and I felt that this is worth my 10 bucks already, but let's see what happens during the second half! ***

Post Match: The Dupps are making an apperance and are taking out The Flying Elvises with pieces of wood, well just Estrada as Siaki bailed from the ring hard. :lmao. A victory dance happens as we're back to the dancing girls.

K-Krush is backstage being interview by Goldilocks for 8 seconds until Scott Hall, now donning full ring gear, comes and attacks K-Krush for some reason. Oh yeah forgot he had a list. And here comes the midgets! Jesus that's a fucking big ass midget that Meatball is. And here's Puppet!!

Hardcore Midget Match: Puppet vs Meatball

Puppet is already getting in the action by smacking Meatball in the head with a trashcan, then chucks him on top of that same trashcan but only gets two. Puppet then throws the trashcan at Meatball, Meatball catches it but Puppet kicks the trashcan, hitting Meatball in the face. Puppet then gets whipped to the ropes but falls outside instead. Meatball then hits a double axe handle from the apron, then hits a body slam onto the ramp. Meatball is now brawling outside with Puppet until they approach the shopping cart full of food. Meatball throws a pie onto Puppet's face then is squiritng him with some cheese! Meatball then grabs a pineapple but Puppet low blows him instead. Puppet then grabs a bag of flour and smacks him in the head with it, then grabs a Watermelon (crowd pops for that) and breaks it over Meatball's head! Puppet then does a Van Daminator with a chair and Meatball is down! More brawling happens on the outside until Meatball does a tornado DDT from the steel steps but only gets a two count! Guillotine legdrop onto the chair back into the ring then does a springboad splash onto the chair and finally gets that three count!

Winner of the match: Puppet Well it's much better than the first hardcore midget match that TNA had, but it was longer than 3 minutes so unfortunaly I have to rate it. As a match itself it kinda sucked but entertainment value it was definitely watchable. *

After a bt of commentary hype, it's time for another match as we see Jasmine St. Clair coming out, limping after her assault backstage. And here comes Francine running out of the back.

Jasmine St. Clair vs Francine

Catfight is already hapening and Jasmine is stripping Francine's top off. Francine then takes her revenge and pulls off Jasmine's shorts off. Francine then whips Jasmine in the ass a couple of times until Blue Meanie(?) comes out (he's actually looks to be in somewhat decent shape) and pulls the belt away from Francine. Blue Meanie then hits a DDT onto Francine! I guess Jasmine and Meanie are dating according to Mike Tenay. Francine's getting the stretcher treatment as Meanie carries out Jasmine to the back.

After a very very brief interview with Low-Ki, we're seeing a list of finishers between the X-Division contestants. Then we see Low-Ki coming out and we're on for the X-Division Title match!

X-Division Title Maatch: AJ Styles(c) vs Low Ki

Now just a quick note that I actually ended up watching the whole thing and forgot to type out my notes, so I'm basically just gonna recap from my memory on what happend. Both men start off the match with a lockup (the first time this show...) and they get into some mat wrestling. Styles and Ki ends up exchanging kicks to the legs, Ki counters a kick and takes down Styles with some more wrestling. Styles hits some mounted punches onto Ki but Ki shoves off Styles. Ki hits some kicks to Styles, then some chops to the chest. Ki then goes for the cartwheel kick but Styles counters that with a low dropkick to Ki! Styles then does a dropkick while Ki gets back up just because. Styles then does a standing swanton bomb but only gets a two count! Ki hits some more kicks and ends up booting Styles to the apron. Styles fights back and tries to get back in but Ki keeps him on the apron. Ki tries to suplex Styles back in the ring but Styles throws him onto the apron, then hits a discus clothesline and knocks Ki to ringside! Styles then goes for the springboard moonsault but misses, and a brawl happens outside! Another fight happens on the apron but Ki does a dragon clutch to Style's on the apron while in the ring (I forget excatly how he did it but it was sweet as fuck!) Ok this part I forget so I went back to the video to rewatch the last bit (my memory sucks), but Styles does a powerslam from a counter but only gets a two count for that! Styles then does a stalling brainbuster but gets two for that as well. Styles then charges at Ki at the corner but Ki tosses Styles onto the turnbuckles. Ki then throws Styles onto the turnbuckles but Styles takes him down and goes for the Spiral Tap but misses! Ki then tries to go for the pin but only gets a two count! Ki then lifts STyles up for the Ki Crusher 99, rams Styles to the ropes just because and goes for the Crusher but Styles reverses into a SICK DDT! :mark: Ki then struggles but climbs the ropes again and tries to go for a corkscrw moonsault but Styles catches him by the legs and does a Styles Clash and gets the three count! Jesus what a nice counter!

Winner of the match and STILL X-Division Champion: AJ Styles! Nice bout from Low-Ki and AJ Styles. Wish that one went a bit longer because they were doing soo well together. Still a 10 minute clash between them was defintely a nice gesture from the bookers of TNA, mostly because they're prone to be giving out 5 minute matches from the first couple of episodes. Nice counters really brought this match alive, as well as the ONLY match for the past couple of episodes to actually have a lockup to start the match. Good stuff! ***1/4

Post Match: Styles leaves the ring and heads to the back but Jerry Lyn spears Styles out of nowhere and throws him back inside the ring! Lynn then hits a piledriver in the center of the ring and exits the ring, throwing a ladder into the ring and sets it to the corner. Lynn then hits a belly to belly suplex onto the ladder as Styles is down. The ladder falls to the mat as Lynn hits a front suplex onto the ladder, then hits a legdrop for good measure! Lynn yells at Styles and leaves the ring as Styles is still down on top of the ladder. Oh shit this is getting intense! :mark: and as the colour commmentators are talking Lynn runs back inside the ring and hits a DDT onto the ladder!! Love it how two referees don't even try to stop him as Style's is getting his ass kicked. Lynn then hits another Cradle Driver onto Styles! Lynn leaves the stage as Styles is being walked out.

They just announced that Sabu and Ken Shamrock are going to fight in a ladder/submission match. You can win by grabbing the belt from the top or submit your opponent. Ok then.

And our main event is happening right now as Brian Lawler comes down to the ring. A promo is being cut from Lawler (something about 3 times, didn't really pay attention at the start). I guess Brian invited his dad Jerry Lawler to the show but mentions that his father likes to hang around the local school with a fistful of candies. Nice burn there Brian *rolls eyes*. Scott Hall music is played as Borash tries to grab the mic from Lawler but Lawler refuses to give it up. :lmao and Scott Hall comes from behind Lawler without Lawler knowing about it and waits for him to turn around. Scott Hall seriously stands behind Lawler for 3 minutes straight as Lawler talks shit about Hall before finally turning around and getting punched in the face. That seriously went on for waaay too long.

Main Event: Brian Lawler vs Scott Hall

Scott Hall takes down Lawler with some punches, places him onto the ropes and kicks in the leg as Lawler falls out of the ring and now they're bawling out at ringside. This pretty much happens for a little bit as Lawler is getting the beatdown by Hall until finally being thrown back inside the ring. No wait Lawler escapes the ring again and Hall chases Lawler as they walk up the ring but Hall punches him, taking him down on the ramp. Lawler then grabs a purse and starts hitting Hall with it! :lmao. Lawler throws Hall back inside the ring and punches him several times. Lawler takes Hall down and grabs him by both legs, then hits a headbutt to the groin of Hall. Lawler then hits a sloppy suplex onto Hall and only gets a two count. lawler whips Hall to the corner and hits some shoulder thrusts onto Hall. Lawler then puts Hall onto the middle rope and chokes him, grabs a microphone and cuts a mini promo but Hall fights back. Lawler though hits a superkick and takes down Hall. Lawler puts on the goggles and climbs the ropes but Hall tosses Lawler down. Some hits onto Lawler and Hall hits a fallaway slam onto Lawler! Hall then places Lawler onto the turnbuckles and hits a super back drop onto Lawler! Outsiders Edge but K-Krush enters the ring, Hall though throws him back out. Hall gets Lawler into the Ousiders Edge and gets the three count!

Winner of the match: Scott Hall! This got the exact some amount of time that Styles/Ki did, but only dished out maybe a 1/3 of the entertainment. Just some generic brawling at ringisde from Hall, then some more sloppy big moves inside. I'm not being cynical because this match involves Scott Hall, but this was pretty boring. Granted though it was better than the tag team main event we had featuring these two a couple of weeks ago, but still I wasn't a huge fan of this match. Of course it may had to do with the 3 minutes of Hall standing behind Lawler as Lawler cuts a shitty promo. Rant over. *1/2

Post Match: Hall and K-Krush brawls in the ring, double low blow onto Scott Hall and he's down. K-Krush and Lawler puts Krush's belt under Hall's groin and pulls up on it, then chokes out Hall with that belt! Referees and security are now trying to stop this as Lawler and Hall are being lectured as K-Krush and Lawler are being kicked out to the back. And of course Scott Hall is being placed on the stretcher (even Ferreria is metioning this, :lmao). The ending credits are being played and of course Jeff Jarrett comes back and clears everyone by hiting them with the steel chairs, while simotaniously hitting Hall with the chairs. Christ almight I wonder how long they plan on dragging this out.

Well that's the show for this week. Gotta say it was definitely an good show, considering that they fucked up with last weeks episide. Not alot of promos were displayed, which means plenty of time for the action in the ring. Apart from the squash match, the ladies catfight and the midget hardcore wrestling (which I enjoyed), there was some pretty good matchups that happend on the show. Hell I'll even go as far to say that this is probably the best episode yet, apart from the main event stuff. TNA though is doing a good job getting K-Krush over as a heel in my opinion, as Brian Christopher/Lawler is failing at it hard. Not sure why they didn't have Alicia come out and demand money from someone again, hopefully they didn't just decide to drop the whole angle all together, as that would be kinda dissapointing.

Would this show be worth my 10 bucks? Yes! Good wrestling. Fueds are buiilding up. Characters are improving. Womens segements getting less time. I'm definitely happy with this episode and can't wait for next weeks!

Confirmed for next week (from memory):
-Styles and Lynn are defending their tag team belts.
-I think Daniels is next in the X-Division, so Daniels vs Styles for the X-Divison belt
-NWA World Championship Ladder/Submission Match: Sabu vs Shamrock

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Episode 6

We start with the show opening song but Jeff Jarrett is already in the ring and he appears to be cutting a promo, huh I guess the show started earlier than anticipated I guess. Anyways we see a very far away shot of Jarrett taking out two security guys with a steel chair. He's calling out Shamrock and he wants his title. He's STILL going on about that, Jesus... He isn't leaving the ring until he's getting his title shot. Oh and Shamrock is backstage and he's taking out the security guards backstage! Bullet Bob is trying to stop him but eventually he let's Shamrock go through. Now there's this guy named Ian Harrison and Shamrock told him to guard the door so security doesn't come out to stop Shamrock from doing... whatever he's planning on doing. Jarrett is still waiting in the ring but NWA Vice President Bill Berrings is in the ring now and tells him to shut up. And he tells him that Jarrett's suspended. Didn't he try that last week but Jarrett made it back anyways. It's kinda funny that Jarrett is trying to be a heel but the crowd loves Jarrett tonight for some odd reason. Jarrett is sick of Berrings already and takes him out and Shamrock is in the ring and the fight is happening! Monty Brown and Apollo rushes into the ring and they hold back Shamrock as Jarrett makes his escape, but he sneaks around and rushes into the ring and takes a cheap shot onto Shamrock. K-Krush and Brian Lawler is out now and a standoff is happening, but Jarrett, Krush and Lawler bails from the ring ('This is the wild wild west' - said many times by fucking Tenay!). I'm sensing a 6 man tag is about to happen soon... guess not because Jarrett is suspended for 60 days. Yeah good luck with that.

After a rundown on the card tonight, JB is in the ring and our opening match is happening as Amazing Red is coming out first! :mark:. And his opponent tonight is Low Ki!! Oh shit this is gonna be good!

Amazing Red vs Low Ki

Ki starts off with a kick to the leg, then a missed kick as Red hits a spinning back kick; then some arm drags happen and a dropkick from Red and Ki is now outside. Red then goes for a jump to the outside but outpyschs Ki and lands on the apron, then hits him with a hurricarana! Oh snap! A TNA chant happens and Ki is thrown back inside. Ki misses a charge as Red hits another dropkick but gets a two count. Red is hitting some strikes then boots Ki then the face then climbs onto the ropes and hits a diving neckbreaker and gets two count. Red goes for another jump but Ki takes Red dwoth with a Summersault kick! Body slam by Ki then an elbow drop but only gets two! Slap to the back the and gets Red into an armlock, then hits a springboard crossbody but only gets two. Ki then hits a double underhook suplex and transitions that into a dragon wing submission. European upper cut than a couple of chops to Red. Ki then tosses Red to the apron, Red punches Ki and climbs to top rope but Ki knocks off Red then goes for the hanging dragon sleeper!! This fucking guy!! Knees to the gut then double wrist lock and hitting some headbutts, Red though boots Ki in the face. Ki then blocks some kicks from Red and Ki counters into a roundhouse kick to the face, then another one as Ki is getting pumped up but misses a speed roundhouse Kick and Red trips Ki, hitting a standing shooting star press but only gets two! Red then punches Ki a couple of times and hits a Code Red! But only gets two! Re hits some more strikes and ducks a clothesline and hits a headscissors tornado DDT but only gets a two count! He goes for the same move again but Ki counters and hits a series of kicks, pushes Rd to the corner but Red hits a spinning enzuirgi kick onto Ki! Red then climbs the top rope and misses a Corkscrew Moonsault. Cartwheel kick onto Red and hits the Ki Crusher 99 and gets the three count!

Winner of the match: Low Ki! An impressive debut from the Amazing Red! A nice 7 minute fast paced match with nice kicks from both men and some decent reversals (nothing too over the top). Nice to see a clean finish to end the match. Why can't all debuts be this awesome? **3/4

After a small plug in about the live events we see Jarrett backstage as he tries to enter the room but Mr. Ian Harrison is refusing to let Jarrett go through. Jarrett tells him to move it but leaves eventually. Back in the arena we see The Hot Shots come out for Tag Team action! Cassidy O'Reily and Chase Stevens are in the ring and do a short promo to start off the match. Like 9 word promo short. And their opponents are of course CHRIS HARRIS AND JAMES STORM! Still not known as America's Most Wanted but still; I'll take them. And I guess the mystery is solved on who attacked the duo during the Tag Team Tournament: It was the Hot Shots! Huh I wish they had more build going into this match if this is the storyline. Harris is telling off Storm backstage that his gimmick sucks. SHIT he's breaking Kayfabe right there!

The Hot Shots vs "Wildcat" Chris Harris & "Cowboy" James Storm

Apparently the Hot Shots JUST found out that they knew who attacked them, now they're fighting on the ramp. A nice brawl is happening outside as Storm and O'Reilly are in the ring. Storm does a hurricarana onto O'Reily and Harris tags himself into the match and lands a spear onto O'Reily. O'Reily hits some shots onto Harris and Stevens is tagged in the match but Harris hits some strikes onto Stevens and does a stalling supplex but only gets a two count. Belly to belly suplex by Harris. Harris tags in Storm but O'Reilly takes out Storm and knocks him onto the security barrier and they brawl outside then throws him back inside, Chase then gets a two count. Chase hits a dropkick and gets another dropkick. O'Reilly is tagged back it and hits a double toe kick, double sweep then double dropkick to the head. O'Reilly does a series of pins onto Storm and then hits a springboard elbow shot onto Storm, then springboard moonsault onto Storm but only gets two! Hot Shot Drop by The Hot Shots and Stevens is on the top rope, misses a Moonsault as Storm tags in Harris into the match! Harris hits a bulldog onto Stevens then a Lousz theaz press onto O'Reilly. A double clothesline by harris onto the hot shots as Storm hits the Swinging Noose on O'Reilly and Harris hits a Nrothern lights suplex onto Stevens, Harris then gets the three count for the win

Winners of the match: Chris Harris and James Storm! Alright 5 minute tag team match. A bit unorganized for my liking but there was some nice double team moves from The Hot Shots. Nothing more to say about this match really. **

Post Match: O'Reilly attacks Harris and storm after the match. They do a superkick/German suplex onto both Harris and thenn Storm. Now they're pistol whipping both of them with Storm's cap guns :lmao.

Goldilocks is backstage with Shamrock as Shamrock is getting medical attention from a doctor. Shamrock remembers where he is and suddenly flips out as he harrasses the doctor on where Jarrett is. And it's time for another matchup. Apollo comes out first and his opponent tonight is Brian Lawler. Ah fuck.

Apollo vs Brian Lawler

I watched the match but I really don't feel like going into detail on what happened. Lawler hits a body slam and then the "Jerry's Kid" chants come back, Lawler gets mad but Apollo hits a belly to belly suplex, then a sitout powerbomb but only gets two. Apollo misses a charge to teh corer and Lawler hits some stomps. Lawler then uses his necklace to choke on Apollo, then uses the rope to choke him some more. Lawler goes for a suplex but Apollo does his own suplex, then hits a running splash but Lawler has the knees up. Lawler climbs the ropes and hits a missile dropkick then gets a two count. Chinlock onto Apollo. Apollo is up and hits some elbows but Lawler rakes the eyes, misses some clothesline and Apollo hits a clothesline himself, another one then a body slam, then leg drop! Apollo goes for a DDT, Lawler escapes and misses a clothesline, Apllo goes for a Stunner but lawler esacpes and misses another clothesline and Apollo hits a superkick onto Lawler! Apollo gets Lawler into the fireman's carry position but Lawer escapes and hits an inverted DDT onto Apollo. Lawler posing and dancing and hits a nice neckbreaker. Lawler is posing for he crowd again but Apollo gets Lawler into a rollup and Apollo gets the win right there!

Winner of the match: Apollo! This match was alright. It was kind of slow to start but I think Apollo saved this match a little (ok a lot). Even 7 minutes was a bit too much for this guy, sorry to say. *1/2

Post Match: Brian Lawler chokes out Don West at ringside. :lmao.

After West recovers and Brian Lawler leaves we see K-Krush coming out to the ring and we see a recap of K-Krush snapping and choking out Norman Smiley and Scott Hall from last week. He's cutting an promo and OH SHIT HE'S DROPPING K-KRUSH! RON "THE TRUTH" KILLINGS! :mark:. Alright technically he only introduced The Truth but fuck it. Man he's getting over with the crowd as they're chanting 'Truth', 'Anarchy'. He's talking about being held down and finally says 'enough's enough'. AND HERE COMES ABYSS- oh wait I forget it's Monty Brown's theme. Monty Brown is already annoyed of Ron Killings and gets in his face. He's talking about how he left football to pursue a career in wrestling, and how he earned it. He told Truth that he can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Truth called Brown an Uncle TOm and now they brawl in the ring. Brown hits the Alpha Bomb onto Truth and leaves the ring.

They show a video package of the rivalry between Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles, going all the way back to when they first won the title. It was a nice 3 minute recap of everything that happened between them, which did his job. And now Tenay is showing an interview with Styles and Jerry Lynn that the shot from earlier. I guess they are on the same page together as they have to defend the titles against The Flying elvies tongiht. Kinda stupid how they spent three minutes hyping up their feud but then they worked things out and are on speaking terms for now. Speaking of the match that match is next! And starting at the second hour of the program as well!

NWA Tag Team Title Match: AJ Styles & Jerry Lynn(c) vs The Flying Elvies

Sonny Siaki is sitting at the announcers table again as Estrada and Jimmy Yang are starting the matchup for The Flying Elvises. Lynn and Estrada are starting off the match as mat wrestling happens between the two, arm drag by Lynn and a staredown happens. Lockup again and waistlock from Lynn, Esratda counters but Lynn gets a hammerlock. Lynn goes down as Estrada goes for a springboard moonsault, lands on his feet as Lynn gets up and gets Estrada into a Gory special. Estrada takes out Lynn with a moonsault and but Lynn hits a headscissors takedown next. Lynn tags in Styles and they both take out Estrada. Styles hits a superkick and Lynn hits a legdrop but only gets two. Estrada slips out of a bodydrop, Estrada goes behind him and misses a spinning kick, Styles misses a clothesline and Estrada hits that spinning kick but only gets two. Styles his a chop but Estrada hits a headscissors and rams Styles headfirst to teh turnbuckles. body drop onto Styles and Estrada tags in Jimmy Yang into the match. Yang comes out and dodges a dropkick from Styles then hits some stomps. Yong does some poses and they do some mat wrestling, Styles then gets Yang into a headlock and then hits a back drop. Styles tags in Lynn gain as Lynn hits the drop toe hold and Styles does a standing senton bomb, Lynn gets two. Lynn hits some strikes to the corner and Yang escapes a suplex, then goes for a back drop but Lynn escapes and hits an armdrag. Yang misses a clothesline and Lynn hits a tilt a whilr backbreaker! Lynn takes in Styles back into the match and styles hits some strikes onto Yang. Styles hits a modifed hurricarana then htis a forearm smash to the corner. Styles then does a diving crossbody but lands onto Yang's extended knee! Yang hits some stomps them throws him outside as Estrada and Styles brawl outside. Siaki leave the commentary and clothesline Styles then throws him inside. Yang hits a Russian leg sweep than gets in an armbar. Yang then hits some corner thrusts and tags in Estrada back into the match, Estrada hits a suplex then a couple of knee drops but gets two. Styles hits some punches but misses a discus punch, Estrada then hits a side slam but gets two. Yang gets tagged back in and Yang hits a front suplex onto the ropes. Then another one for good measures but only gets two. Estrada gets tagged in and hits a moonsault but only gets two for that. Styles then hits in a small package but only gets two. Estrada hits a clothesline then takes him out with a spinebuster but gets two yet again. Knee drop from Estrada then hits another suplex, Yang gets tagged in and hits a senton bomb but gets two. Abdominal stretch onto STyles, Styles escapes and hits the Stylin't DDT and goes to tag in Lynn but Estrada takes out Lynn. Yang then throws Styles to the corner and hits some punches to the stomach. then tags in Estrada into the match. More shots to the cornered Styles but Styles hits some punches onto Estrada but misses a dropkick. Yang is tagged back in and hits some strikes to bring Styles down. Styles fights back again and hits an enzuirgir kick! Hot tag is about to happen and Estrada AND Lynn is tagged in. Lynn is going wild and back body drops Yang, then hits a powerbomb from the ropes onto Estrada and gets a two count. Dropkick onto Yang which tags him outside, then hits a crossbody vault onto Yang. Estrada then takes down Lynn with an Aisa Moonsault onto Lynn. Lynn gets up and holds both Elvises in place as Styles runs and goes to jump outside but Siaki shoves his partners away and Styles ultimately lands on top of Lynn! Oh shit that was pretty slick! Lynn is now busted wide open! Styles gets thrown back into the ring as they hit a simultaneous diving splash/diving leg drop combo onto Styles! They then do a double shoulderbreaker onto Styles. Lynn tries to enter the rig but Yang kicks him back out. Now Styles hits a neckbreaker onto Estrada but Yang goes to hit Styles, Styles ducks a move and hits a back drop onto Yang! Lynn then hits a guilltone leg drop onto Estrada as he’s hanging on the ropes, Styles climbs onto the top rope and looks down at Estrada, looking to go for the Spiral Tap but Lynn hits a quick splash and gets the three count!

Winner of the match and STILL NWA Tag Team Champions: Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles Nice ending to the match, I was sure that The Flying Elvies were going to win after that double diving splash/leg drop. Good to see Lynn stealing the fall here as well which will build up their feud. Good action with great counters and a nice spot involving Siaki. Great to see the three of them together again. This was 15 minutes of great tag team wrestling here folks! My only complaint is that the ending was a little rough, the trasnsition between the heels on the offense to the faces offense really wasn't' that smooth.***1/2

Post Match: AJ gets pissed off and walks away with the tag team title, leaving a bloodies Lynn in the ring still as Lynn is down.

After a talk with the commentators we see a chap named Disco Inferno sitting on a couch on the stage talking through a microphone. He puts himself over for a bit, and he's here to teach the TNA superstars how to act and look like stars. After this talk we go back to the dancing girls again as the commentators talk for a bit again. A three second promo showing Ken Shamrock backstage with Ian Harrison (remember him?) we're back in the ring as we're going to have another tag team match. Cool. Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger are out first, and their opponents for tonight are Monty Brown and Elix Skipper!

Simon Diamond & Johnny Swinger vs Monty Brown and Elix Skipper

Diamond and Skipper are starting off the match as Skipper goes for a handshake but Diamond slaps Skipper across the face. Skipper doesn't like that and lands a back kick to the stomach of Diamond. Diamond gets mad and hits some shots to Skipper but Skipper hitsa hurricarana onto Dia,ond. Skipper misses an elbow and Diamond misses a clothesline, Skipper geting a two count after the rollup. Swinger tries to come in but Skipper jumps over Swinger and Brown takes him out with a clothesline, SKipper and Brown both take out Diamond with a double dropkick! Skipper hits some more strikes and dodges a dropkick from Diamond but Swinger takes him out from the apron. Swinger goes back in and Diamon and Swinger does a double team move to take out Skipper. Swinger picks up Skipper and takes him down with Russian leg sweep. Skipper takes out Swinger but Diamon takes out Skipper with a clothesline, then Diamond getst tagged in. Diamond hits two suplexs in a row then a front suplex. Swinger is tagged back in...then Diamond is literally tagged in as they end up hitting a double suplex onto Skipper but only gets a two count. Swinger hits some strikes onto Skipper, then misses a charge to the corner as Diamond goes for a clothesline from the apron but takes out Swinger instead, Skipper then superkicks Diamond! Hot tag happens as Brown explodes onto everyone, taking out Diamond with a powerslam and hits Swinger with a press slam onto Diamond! Skipper comes back into and takes out Swinger but Diamond and Skipper hits a double team move onto Skipper, tries to go for the pin but Skipper isn't the legal man. They double team Brown but Skipper trips down Swinger and Brown hits the Alpha Bomb onto Diamond and gets the three count!

Winners of the match: Elix Skipper and Monty Brown Decent tag team match. Nothing too great but it was nice seeing Skipper in action again, even if he had to team up with three other guys that I don't give a fuck about.**

Post Match: They celebrate in the ring and The Truth comes back and attacks Brown but Skipper just leaves them. Brown gets thrown over the ropes with Truth choking Brown using the belt. Truth lets go as Brown is being helped to the back.

Backstage Goldilocks is with The Dupps and she is already warning them about rude remarks. They have a hilarious argument about leaving their cousion being left with their dad and him overdosing on Viagra :lmao. They complain that they don't have a match and hear that they can bump into someone and have a match that night. They then see Ian Harrison guarding the door still and bump into him. Oh my God Bo shoves Harrison and runs away, Harrison then rips off his pants, revealing his speedo tights and chases after The Dupps. :lmao. The Dupps are coming out now holding onto their wood and here comes Ian Harrison! Stan goes to the commentator booth and Bo is left wrestling Harrison alone.

Bo Dupp vs Ian Harrison Harrison hits some big shots to the cornerned Bo then tosses him to the center of the ring. BO gets up but Harrison hits a clothesline, then a sitout body slam. Harrison lits up Bo but Bo slips out from behind but Harrison take shim with with a shoulder block. Bo then takes out Harrrison with a clothesline and hits a HUGE running splash but gets two. Ian Harrison hits a back drop onto Bo and gets a two count. Bo then hits a military press slam onto BO then stomps him once. Bo hits some kicks to Harrison and clubs him in the back several times but Harrison throws him back to the corner, hitting some slow but powerful corner thrusts. Harrison misses a clothesline and hits a powerslam but only gets a two count. Stan leaves the commentary booth and attacks Harrison inside the ring, causing a DQ.

Winner of the match via DQ: Ian HarrisonMeh, this guys is the usual huge man; boring as fuck. Bo though is pretty impressive despite having that stupid hick gimmick. Just made it to three minutes so I'm counting this as a squash. NR

Post Match: Stan attacks Harrison but Harrion hits a belly to belly suplex. Bo goes to smack Harrison with the borard but Harrison grabs ontot eh board and snaps it on his knee. The Dupps bail from the ring as Harrison looks into the crowd. He probably forgot about guarding the door.

And speaking of that Jarrett comes walking and and goes through the now unguarded door. He opens it and gets into a brawl with Ken Shamrock. Security, already in the room after being locked in, separates the both of them. Jarrett yells at the Shamrock on where his belt is.

It's time for the main event of the evening! (I guess the X-Divison isn't being defended tonight) as Sabu comes out first. Sabu poses out for the crowd as they show re-cap of Jarrett being kicked out of the building and the matchup between Shamrock and Sabu. They then show highlights of the ladder match from last week. Sorry highligts of Malice getting his ass kicked I mean. :lmao. Back live Ken Shamrock comes out and gets into the ring. It's on folks!

NWA World Heavyweight Championship- Ladder/Submission Match: Ken Shamrock(c) vs Sabu

They both circle each othe around the ring but Shamrock hits a knee strike to Sabu, then hits some punches which takes out Sabu. Sharmock gets Sabu into a leg lock but Sabu grabs onto the ropes. Sabu gets Shamrock into a rollup and gets a one count (really? Now there's pinfalls as well?). Shamrock gets Sabu into an ankle lock but Sabu grabs onto the ropes. Shamrock gets Sabu into an armlock. Sabu escapes and they circle each other around the ring. Shamrock hits some more knees and a boring chant happens already. In a match involving Sabu? :lmao. Shamrock hits a snapmere and gets him into a sleeper hold but releases it. Sabu gets Shamrcok into a headlock and Sharmcok gets out, misses a clothesline and Sabu takes out Shamrock and gets Shamrock into an armbar. Shamrock then counters that into a legbar again but Sabu grabs onto the ropes. And just like that this main event sucks. Sabu runs up and springboards off the ropes, hitting a springboard wheel kicck onto Shamrock, then goes onto the apron and hits a slingshot legdrop. Sabu then goes for another armbar but does the Sharmock esacpes again and gets Sabu into the legbar.. again. Shamrick throws sabu to the corner and hits a jumping kick to the head. Sabu then exits the ring and FINALLY grabs onto the ladder but Shamrock hits a baseball slide kick onto the ladder, hitting Shamrock in the face. Shamrock brings Sabu to the stage and throws him onto the dancer's cage! Sharmco then throws Sabu onto the steel ring post, Sabu then hits Shamrock onto the security barrier. Sabu finally makes things interesting and sets up a table. Sabu places Shamrock onto the table and sets up a chair in the ring. Sabu jumps on the chair, jumps onto the ropes and goes for a senton bomb onto Shamrocm but Shamrock gets out of the way, sabu crashing onto the table! Shamrock then throws the ladder into the ring and sets it up, climbs the ladder but Malice appears and climbs ontot he ladder and chokeslams him off it (pretty sloppy though)! Malice then grabs the belt and walks away from the ring. Well then.

Winner of the match: No contest! Meh this match sucked! It was fairly boring until the last 2 minutes but of course they would do a screwjob ending. Knew Malice was going to be involved but this was pretty horrendous. Match went on for waaaay too long3/4*

Alright show but was pretty boring this time around. Nothing too great expect for Tag Team title match and the opener. Would this be worth my ten bucks? No. For it's 6th episode I'd expect something great already but so far we have a big clusterfuck storyline that involves Hall, Jarrett, Shamrock and Malice. Jarrett's hunt for the title is already getting annoying to be honest. Didn't have that awesome feeling that it had last week and hope that they step up their game for Episode seven.