TNA Wants Former WWE Star for Bound for Glory

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Joey Matthews (Joey Mercury) and TNA are in major talks. TNA wants him to start immeditly and want him for Bound For Glory. They're having trouble arranging a flight that would get him into Atlanta on time due to overseas indy commitments.

-wrestlezone.com

I bet he'd be used in the 15 man "fight for the right" battle royal. Pretty good move IMO. Go ahead and say it people. "Another WWE reject"

HHHforever

Reaction score
Mercury sucks, thats why hes no longer with the WWE along with some steriod problems, I believe I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. TNA can have him I don't think this is really a blockbluster move on their part or anything. I doubt anyone will start watching TNA and not WWE becase Joey Mercury is with them. So just put him on the list of WWE rejects to join TNA.

Dairydude

Reaction score
Mathews was a great talent in ECW, and was wasted in the 'E after MNM split, with the bookers still pushing him as 1 half of MNM, rather than letting him be Joey Mathews/Mercury as they did with Nitro.

Let him go to TNA, put him in the X-title race and he's a good addition

Plus, Jimmy Rave Vs Joey Mathews = money

Fatal 55

Reaction score
TNA's perfect opportunity to reunite one of the better former Indy tag teams on the curcuit! The Bad Street Boyz of Joey Matthews & Christian York! But... From what i understand though, York's under some arrangment with WWE ATM!

Matthews would be as people like to say a "WWE Reject"... But if TNA are brining in guys from WWE those are the kind they should bring in! Not Rikishi & Test!

Joey Matthews is highly under-rated & i was surprised when he was released but afterall he did have a painkiller addiction supposedly! He did have a brief run i think before were he made little to no apperances back in 04 i think!

If he were to be bought in i'd rather them place him into a feud straight away with some1 rather than putting him in that crapfest battle royal they've got going!

Edit:- Didn't he recently become OVW Head Trainer? If so then i can't really see him going to TNA!

xtremebadass

Okay, Mercury is the Marty Janetty of MNM, thus, he sucks, but that was one nasty face gash at Armageddon which totally made him look badass.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Tottaly agree XBA!

I always considered Nitro to resemble HBK...

& Mercury to resemble Jannetty!

Shame Matthew's career will end up being just as successfull as Jannetty... Being hired & Fired 10 times & constantly being addictided to Painkillers & such!

JHar888

Reaction score
I think that TNA signing him is a great move. They've been signing many guys recently, but that's helping them get a better product. If you add Mercury to the roster, this could be the ingredient that will expand their matches on a PPV. I just hope that if they get end up getting him he'll last a long while.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Uhhh.. I thought Matthews was resigned by WWE and become one of the head trainers of OVW, Oh well... let's see what will Matthews' do at BFG...

Kaedon

Reaction score
I like Mercury but he's not a draw. What's the point of getting him IMMEDIATELY!!

HHHforever

Reaction score
I agree with Kaedon I don't really understand why they want him to come IMMEDIATLY. Hes not that much of a draw, but TNA does need depth and that will help. I don't think this is a huge signing, but I guess it will help them out with brining depth into their roster. This isn't a huge signing, but I guess its okay for them.

This Guy

TNA announcing that they do actually have a drug policy that prohibits all drug use recently makes me really wonder. First and foremost I can't help but think that TNA may be even more shadey then WWE when it comes to covering there ass. I think this because if they have always had this policy as Dixie claims shouldn't Kurt Angle have been suspended 20 times over? When Jeff Hardy got fired from WWE becuase of excessive drug issues he went to TNA? You telling me he cleaned up his act as soon as he left WWE? I don't think so. But the reason I bring this up is because it is equally no secret that Joey Matthews also had some drug issues. It seems to me that him going to TNA wouldn't be the best option if such a drug policy actually exists.

phantomgerald

I don't see how it would help TNA. Having him there would just give the TNA originals a lesser chance of being pushed and would probably be jobbed out to him. I don't really think he would benefit TNA. I hope this doesn't happen.