TNA Turning Point 2012 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So....what was the point in raising the titles if Hardy was going to win?

Was innovative, kept the match going a bit longer. Don't see how anyone can be mad at Hardy winning, I mean did ANYONE expect him not to?

Though the match was crazy good, one of the more innovative ladder matches we've seen in a long, long time. Surpassed all expectations I had for it.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It is like 5 AM in Slovakia. I stayed up this late just to see Aries become the TNA Champion although I didnt have that much hope in it and now, our favourite drug addict retains. Im off, this is bullshit. Im not watching TNA until someone takes the belt away from Hardy.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is like 5 AM in Slovakia. I stayed up this late just to see Aries become the TNA Champion although I didnt have that much hope in it and now, our favourite drug addict retains. Im off, this is bullshit. Im not watching TNA until someone takes the belt away from Hardy.

In fairness like Chris said did you really expect Aries to win? Hardy only just won the title last month and you know TNA consider him a big deal, so this was the expected outcome.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
In fairness like Chris said did you really expect Aries to win? Hardy only just won the title last month and you know TNA consider him a big deal, so this was the expected outcome.

I didn't but damn...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't but damn...

So if you didn't expect him to win, then why is there anything to be pissed about? The match was damn good. Rest of the PPV was average, nothing really bad, but also nothing of note.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I was angry for like five minutes. Well, not even angry, I was more disappointed. I know there is nothing I can do about it but everytime I see someone who came all pilled up to a main event of a PPV get put over someone like Aries I get disappointed. That's it.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Aries should of never been champion in the first place, let alone main event a show over Bobby Roode... TNA cocked up at Destination-X and have barely recovered, reading the results of this show, sounds solid but nothing outstanding.

Reading Roode was spared and Joe is continuing his hot streak it's looking positive... Just wish they sorted out that damn main event scene.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You desperately need to get a clue.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings about one of your favorite wrestlers but that match looked horrible. He's passed his prime and his matches have been getting shittier and shitter. Maybe it's just the fact he's in TNA (a lot of their talent seem to be headed down this path Styles and RVD being two that stick out) But maybe you should wake up ad be objective.

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings about one of your favorite wrestlers but that match looked horrible. He's passed his prime and his matches have been getting shittier and shitter. Maybe it's just the fact he's in TNA (a lot of their talent seem to be headed down this path Styles and RVD being two that stick out) But maybe you should wake up ad be objective.

This. Although I am a Joe fan myself I have to admit that you're right. Joe sure passed his prime but he can still put up a good match if he's given the right opponent. Take a look at his match against Aries at Slammiversary 2012. But yes, this is not the same Joe who would come out, everybody would chant Joe's gonna kiiiill yooou and Joe would do just that. People still might do it but it's not objective really.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not sure I agree he has passed his prime, ok it is going to be hard for him to repeat his prime years, but if he is given the right push and has the heart to work hard again then I think he can return to something close to that level.

Find it a bit ironic that people are writing him off at a time when he is actually starting to perform on a consistant basis. I have been quite a big critic of Joe's the last few years, but he is starting to turn the corner and long may it go on.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I was in a rush yesterday but here is my theory. Joe isn't the same from the glory years of 04 to 08 no doubt about it. I still thought his matches with Magnus have been great. He still sells great and he even brought out the corkscrew dive which is rare . His in ring work is still great and he is still entertaining to watch. Past his prime? I wouldn't say that but he's defintely regressed a bit which happens with age and his weight gun. I'll always support Joe and still think he's a top five worker on TNA roster which may not say a lot since its TNA but retirement? Seriously give me a break.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I am a Joe fan myself so I see where you're coming from. Also, I was pretty surprised when he used to corkscrew dive as well. It is always a little shock when a wrestler who's moveset you know very well uses something new or in this case something he didn't use in a while.

Now to the retirement part. Yes, Joe should retire. It's TNA, that's my point. In TNA Joe will never be given the right push again where he could reinvent himself. He might be a good TV Champion, he might do good in average feuds but Joe's the kinda guy who should be at the top of the company or not in it at all. With all the potential and skill Joe has, TNA is pretty much wasting him. That's why I think he should retire. In TNA, it's not going to change so it might be time for Joe to call it a day before he goes down completely.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I thought Joe/Magnus was the best match on the show. That was a great brawl.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
If you mean retire in TNA then make the jump to WWE I can understand that. I'm expecting by 2014 that Joe-Punk will happen again. It just seem like they are obligated to feud one more time.