• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA trying hard to stop spoilers

Lucky

-- TNA tapes TV on Monday and Tuesday at Universal Studios. Universal employees have been trying to crack down on fans using cell phones at the events, in an effort to stop spoilers, and have even threatened them with a ban from Universal property if they believe the fan might be sending out information. TNA sources have stated that it is an issue with Universal and not something that they created.

My thoughts: This is next to impossible. The only way to stop this is to go live. Does TNA have a legitimate gripe?

Deezy

DZ PZ
I think spoilers are the thing that generate more viewers for TNA. When they see an old face reappear or an angle that peaks peoples interest, thats when their ratings spike. It's just the rest of the show that turns people off and tune out.

You can't stop spoilers, as long as there is an internet, there is no stopping spoilers. Only thing they could try to do is go live. Which would be more problematic than the spoilers.

What's funny is that you can watch Smackdown videos on Youtube before it even airs on Friday night. The video isn't from someone's phone or camera. It's really video like what you see on TV. I don't see WWE or SyFy putting a stop to it.

What role does Universal have in the ratings anyway? Do they even care about ratings?

This really makes TNA a bigger joke than they ever where.

Troy

What role does Universal have in the ratings anyway? Do they even care about ratings?

This is the first question that came to mind for me as well. TNA are trying to say Universal have an issue with it but I can't see how that will be true since the ratings have no impact on Universal at all. TNA are the only ones who would have an issue with it. Even if they block all cellphone coverage people will just post the spoilers when they get out of the show.

Troy

pwinsider said:
John Benoit, who has been a semi-regular correspondent for TNA events as well as other events in the Orlando area, was ejected from tonight's Impact Wrestling tapings.

Benoit was ejected from the event by a TNA Producer and then walked off Universal property by an Orlando police officer. Benoit was shown PWInsider.com's website on a mobile device owned by a member of TNA security and then informed he was being thrown out.
PWInsider.com has left word for TNA's VP of Public Relations, Steven Godfrey, requesting comment on the matter.

So TNA are actually serious about this. All this will now do is delay the spoilers by a few hours since people will send them to the websites once they are outside the Impact Zone. Dumb rule and this is a good way for TNA to get on the bad side of one of the biggest wrestling news websites.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Great, now we're just going to have to assume that Impact is shit and make the decision whether to watch it or not.

I don't know about anyone else, but my choice has just been made easier.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
This is very strange, and backwards, even by TNA standeds. I never watch Impact anyway, might watch the odd PPV, but never Impact.

Andrew

I find this funny seeing someone got in trouble... How stupid can TNA get? Post spoilers after the show with full results and everyone will know what has happened.

That's like someone trying to ban Smackdown spoilers lol

Lucky

Great, now we're just going to have to assume that Impact is shit and make the decision whether to watch it or not.

I don't know about anyone else, but my choice has just been made easier.

Well it's not like the Spoilers will completely STOP, it'll just take until the show's over for them to get out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
I'm guessing its more about preventing any camera footage getting out there, not the show spoilers themselves. Remember the whole Chyna return was posted after it happened. Might confuse people thinking TNA is streaming shit with their crappy, grainy camera footage, could look like a TNA backstage segment.

Good for them, you know. It's not a bad thing to want to crack down on the spoilers to try and earn more viewership without the element of surprise ruined. It could turn for a more entertained view, which in turn leads to word of mouth spreading and whatnot.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
I see what you are saying, I don't really like the age of the spoiler, I don't see the point in watching something when you already know what is going to happen, and in some ways it can't do business much good, still depending what the spoiler is it can have a postivie effect. However I just think in this day and age it is impossible to prevent, and it is a little petty of TNA trying to ban people because of it. They need to be focusing their engery elsewhere.