TNA title change at House Show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Amazing Red defeated Jay Lethal to win the TNA X-Division Championship at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City during TNA's house show, which is still going on at this time.

pwinsider

Wow... That's all I can say.

Montana

Reaction score
Wow, is right. Did Amazing Red get a ton of streamers?!?! I haven't thought TNA has been using him much, this is surprising. I would have thought someone like Brain Kendrick would be.

Reaction score
Did Lethal even have the title a full week before losing it? That's pathetic booking, regardless of if he did anything to warrant it.

Reaction score
It's actually smart business. It creates an "anything can happen" mystique about TNA house shows and gives fans some sort of reason to go see them since apparently not many big names work the house shows. And it doesn't really matter who holds that belt since every belt sans the tag belts are worthless in TNA and the X division has been dead for what, 3 years now?

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Congratulations to Red! I've always loved that guy. Im so glad he finally got something as he has been sparse for a while. I hope this means we get to see him on iMPACT! again and defending. Love his matches.

nation

Reaction score
While I do like Red, wht the fuck? Jay Lethal has been getting a huge push and hes worked his ass off only to lose the belt a week later? Sure it gives people a reason to go see house shows but it also fails to capitalize on lethal's push.

Axis

Reaction score
I wish for Red's sake that it was still 2003.

Axis

Reaction score
John Bertollo sent us word that Jay Lethal def. The Amazing Red to once again become the new TNA X Division Champion at TNA's house show tonight in Rahway, New Jersey. Red won the title beating Lethal two nights ago at TNA's house show in New York City, NY at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
-wrestleview.com

Oh, hey, fuck TNA.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Oh jeez, poor Red... but that makes Lethal at 5 reigns now.....? Are they trying to get him to beat Style's 6 reigns or what? Or were they giving Red that title reign as a goodbye present? :S? Sure hope they don't fire Red.... hes too... Amazing...lol.

Axis

Reaction score
He's not even that good anymore. Again, it's not 2003.

Montana

Reaction score
I hate title changes like this at house shows, only to lose the title back to him a few days later. I don't mind a title changing at a house show, but promote it as that. Don't have him win it, than drop it a couple days later.

Reaction score
You guys are putting too much stock into this. Hot shotting titles on house shows has been thousands of times. This is really a non-news issue, it was just meant to give the house shows a shot in the arm, it has nothing to do with how the TNA office feels about either guy or about how many reigns some one has. Good fucking lord.

Axis

Reaction score
But it's fucking Amazing Red.