TNA Sacrifice 2009: NO COMMON SENSE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I just don't understand TNA sometimes. I am trying DESPERATELY to get into their product again, but shit like this just keeps me away...far far away.

First off:

1-Why did the TNA X-Division Title match need to end the way it did? What was the point in having the Guns interfere? So Shelley and Sabin want to help Daniels now even though just a few weeks ago they were trying to get under his skin? Please tell me how that makes sense. Not only that, but in the 5 minute overtime period, why was Suicide even trying to fight Daniels? He could have just avoided him since if time ran out he retained anyway. Also, why did Don and Mike go "ohhhhh" when the time expired? Sure, Suicide didn't get the pin and he almost did if it wasn't for the time, but he STILL won the match anyway!

2-It doesn't end there, twice on the Sacrifice PPV did we see chair shots in normal singles matches. Wouldn't that warrant a DQ? Are all TNA matches no DQ now? What happened to ring out counts?

3-Why did Andrew Thomas screw over Bashir at the PPV? The Sheik was feuding with Shane Sewell, not Thomas. Besides, that angle ended a loooooong time ago.

4-I understand this has been done multiple times in both WWE and TNA, but that isn't an excuse. In the AJ Styles vs Booker T "I Quit" match, why did it end because of a white towel? Furthermore, the rules state that the only way to win is by uttering the words "I Quit". Booker did no such thing, its like having a table match end with nobody going through the table...

5-The main event...when the fuck did they bother to let us know that you only had to pin Foley to become World Champion? I thought the Title was on the line, so wouldn't that mean that whoever scored a pin won the title regardless of who they pinned? I thought Sting won the title at Sacrifice, I'm sure the crowd did too. Did I miss something here? Mike Tenay even said, "Foley you have to get back in the ring you don't want to lose your Title!", even Mike Tenay thought it was just a normal fatal 4 way match.

Things like this hurt this company so much. There were so many good to great matches on the Sacrifice PPV, but the show as a whole was brought down due to illogical booking and nonsense.

CROSS THE LINE

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
5-The main event...when the fuck did they bother to let us know that you only had to pin Foley to become World Champion? I thought the Title was on the line, so wouldn't that mean that whoever scored a pin won the title regardless of who they pinned? I thought Sting won the title at Sacrifice, I'm sure the crowd did too. Did I miss something here? Mike Tenay even said, "Foley you have to get back in the ring you don't want to lose your Title!", even Mike Tenay thought it was just a normal fatal 4 way match.

CROSS THE LINE

I didn't see the PPV so this is all I can comment on but if I remember in the weeks leading up to the PPV it was you had to be the person pinned to give up your item.

Foley had to be pinned to lose the title.
Sting had to be pinned to give up his career
Kurt had to be pinned to give up his spot as the God Father of the MEM
Jeff had to be pinned to lose his shares of voting in TNA.

Yes its dumb but I don't see why you would be confused unless you had not been watching and just said hey lets watch the PPV.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
The only thing I explain for you is why they guns helped Daniels. They were messing with Daniels before because they thought he was Suicide. They hate Suicide.

And to be honest, despite the flak the Suicide character and angles received upon debut, that's the best thing TNA has going, imo. Kinda ironic, huh?

The Rated R CMStar

Foley had to be pinned to lose the title.
Sting had to be pinned to give up his career
Kurt had to be pinned to give up his spot as the God Father of the MEM
Jeff had to be pinned to lose his shares of voting in TNA.

Yeah, but I, and apparently also Chessarmy, thought that was besides the actual title being on the line. Like, should Sting pin Kurt Angle, he wins the title and the God Father spot in the MEM.

Also, I am yet to see the white towel angle in an I Quit Match in WWE. Maybe I am missing something, but I have not seen in in I Quit Matches (not that I remember).

Kaedon

Reaction score
I watched that clusterfuck of a PPV. Seriously, TNA fans, how can you criticize ANY booking when your company puts on PPVs riddled with errors in logic and continuity?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Why are so many confused on this? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that they made it clear, you have to sacrifice something to get in, and if you're pinned you lose it and the pinner gains it. Foley wasn't pinned, he didn't lose his title. I thought they kept bringing this up on iMPACT

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Why are so many confused on this? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that they made it clear, you have to sacrifice something to get in, and if you're pinned you lose it and the pinner gains it. Foley wasn't pinned, he didn't lose his title. I thought they kept bringing this up on iMPACT

The people trashing it have not been watching I guess or it would have been as clear as day to them.

The Rated R CMStar

The people trashing it have not been watching I guess or it would have been as clear as day to them.

Seeing how even the announcers got confused, it wasn't very clear.

And then, even if it was the case that they explained it correctly and everybody understand it, it still doesn't erase the fact that Sting winning and not winning the championship, and thereby the championship not being on the line like any normal Fatal Four Way, defies every logic.

seX-Power

And even then, the booking still has holes. What if someone pins Sting? What were they meant to get?

The Rated R CMStar

They got to never see a match of Sting again :shifty:

That ponders on a situation that even if Sting indeed lost, the winner of the match doesn't really get anything.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Seeing how even the announcers got confused, it wasn't very clear.

And then, even if it was the case that they explained it correctly and everybody understand it, it still doesn't erase the fact that Sting winning and not winning the championship, and thereby the championship not being on the line like any normal Fatal Four Way, defies every logic.

If you read my first post I did point out it was dumb but easy to understand IMO.

If the announcers were confused then well that is there dumb self.

Double J

Reaction score
Technically when they first announced the match weeks ago it was stated to be a normal Fatal-4 where whoever won, no matter who they pinned, won the championship. Foley even made comments about it a few times saying it was Jarret's way of getting back at him because if he didn't pin someone he lost the title.

Foley also had a recent interview stating that he would like to end Sting's career, be the godfather, or gina control of TNA but he didn't care which one he pinned as long as he did so to keep his title.

The x-division match, like it was said, the Guns have a problem with Suicide so wanted him to loose the title. I'm guessing when Daniels asked for 5 more minutes, he was actually asking to withdraw the win and restart the match. Why they just didn't have Daniels just say "Let's restart the match" or "I'll give you a rematch right here, right now." and then have Suicide get the pin is beyond me. I guess they didn't want either of their faces to have a legit loss against each other for some stupid reason.

The No DQ and No Count Outs, TNA has been like that for a long time. They kinda just pick and choose when they want to DQ someone. I really can't remember anyone ever getting counted out in TNA.

The thing with Bashir, I think they're just playing it up about Bashir disrespecting all refs or being "un-american" and judging from Young's reactions I'm guessing the purpose of this match was to just set up something for Eric Young. The better question would be why have MCMG's team with Bashir instead of No Limit?

And the I Quit white towel deal, the white towel was used years ago in WWF/E where a manager or someone associated with the wrestler could throw in a white towel to end the match if they believed the wrestler was at his breaking point. Granted I haven't seen WWE do this in awhile, also it's kind of dumb to end the AJ/Book match since Styles didn't have anyone at ringside with him to throw in the towl. If AJ had someone there then it would of made more sense.

xtremebadass

It was kinda funny because on Sunday night, the day of Sacrifice, I watched Transformers the movie instead of watching the PPV. I was off Monday, then I woke up Tuesday morning and thought to myself, "Oh crap! Sacrifice was last Sunday and I don't know who won!!!"

I went to school and my friend said Sting won, so I am crapping my pants thinking they actually took the title off Foley, then I actually look at the results and say Foley is still champ, at that point it was a massive *FACE PALM, TNA, FACE PALM*

Evil Austin

What I don't understand when someoen above said "to be in the match they each had to sacrifice something, be the shares in teh company, title, godfather / mem position etc." What exactly do they gain out of it with the title not on the line. Say Foley pinned Jarret, Jarret is no longer the owner of the company, what does that do to Foley? how does that exactly help him? why would they each want to sacrifice something?