TNA Rewind: 2005, There And Back Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Thanks Axis, when it comes to your advice about the promos, thats going to make things so....much....easier...I hope people dont view this as me needlessly bumping my thread, but my next show goes up tonight, so I hope that makes up for my being compelled to respond to this.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
TNA iMPACT

This is TNA iMPACT, the new face.....of professional wrestling....

[yt]FX5FRCumLRM[/yt]

BOOM BOOM BOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Mike Tenay:
Hello everyone and welcome to your weekly one hour adrenaline rush! This is Mike Tenay alongside my broadcast colleague, Don West, and what a line up we have for you tonight!

Don West:
You better believe it Mike, the whole arena is going absolutely crazy for whats in store tonight! We are going to have Monty Brown taking on the Charismatic Enigma, Jeff Hardy! Not just that, but we kick off the first of our new Tag Team Championship tournament, and it all starts, right here, right now!

Tag Team Quarter Finals:
3 Live Kru (Killings & Konnan) Vs. BG James & Kip James

DING DING DING!

BG James seems reluctant to start things off against his own team, as he is wringing his wrists together. Kip James pats him on the back and directs him to the corner, reassuring him “I Got This”. Unfortunately, as Kip James turns around, he gets waylayed by a right hand of Ron Killings! The Truth then just starts firing off the fists against the mouth of Kip James, who tries to fight back with a clothesline. Truth ducks with a leg split, and comes back up with a leaping side kick that takes Kip off his feet! Ron Killings starts breakdancing his way back to his feet, as Kip comes back as well. Ron tries to take him out with a discus punch, but Kip James catches him off guard with a knee to the gut. Kip James then lifts up the Truth, and holds him up in the air for a good long while before slamming him back down to the mat with excessive force with a gorilla press slam!

Ron Killings holds his lower back in pain, as he rises back to his feet, Kip James tries to catch him off guard with a running Fame-Asser, but Killings rolls out of the way and tags out to an infuriated Konnan! But Kip James smoothly leaps towards BG James with a blind tag as Konnan is forced to a hault while his ally reluctantly goes into the ring. They both stand off against one another, BG James shrugging his shoulders. But Konnan catches him first with a slap in the face! Both men now trading blows, as BG gets the upper hand on his fiery companion with several jabs, before he starts juking and jiving and delivers a knock down strikes right between the eyes of Konnan! BG James now shaking his knees firing up, as Konnan tries tries to get back to his feet. BG tried to stay on his opponent, but Konnan does a short little front flip before springing up facing BG James, and landing a rather poorly coordinated Rolling Thunder Lariat, as both men sloppily fell to the floor. Konnan getting up, as well as BG James, who is able to take down Konnan with a russian leg sweep. But once he backs into the corner, Kip James gives him a blind tag, and now that Konnan is weakened, Kip runs into the ring and levels him with a Fame-Asser! The referee quickly gets into position, as the three count is made, and Kip hightails it out of there before The Truth comes running into the ring. Kip is pointing at BG, motioning towards his brain to think smart, as Ron Killings is staring at BG James visibly pissed off.

Don West:
My gosh did you see that Mike? Kip James didn't want any part of Konnan, but after he was softened up a bit he had nooo problems stealing the win!

Winners: BG James & Kip James

Mike Tenay:
A win is a win I guess when it comes to BG and Kip James, while 3 Live Kru have been eliminated from the tournament! Lets take you backstage with AJ Styles and Jeremy Borash!

Backstage AJ Styles is asked about his match with Petey Williams, and his thoughts last week on the #1 Contenders words. AJ puts over the fact that he just got through with a huge feud with Christopher Daniels, and is now on top of the world, highlighting the fact that there isn't a single X Division guy in the back that, although talented, can other throw the Pheonemal One. He makes sure to tell Petey to bring his A-Game, because when all is said and done, he will never be Simply, Pheno-but then he gets cut off, as Christopher Daniels comes into the picture, letting AJ know that he is not through with him....not by a long shot. Before going away once more.

Samoa Joe Vs. Shark Boy

DING DING DING!

This was not so much a match, as it was an incredible massacre of Shark Boy. Samoa Joe released all of his pent up frustration against Lance Hoyt last week, as he immediately unleashed his fury with several palm strikes on the unsuspecting deep sea warrior. Once he was trapped in the corner, Joe transitioned to kicks to the gut, so numerous that Sharkies eyes rolled into the back of his head, before Samoa Joe ended him with an Enziguri, causing him to fall like a ton of bricks. Samoa Joe then lifted up the lifeless body of Shark Boy, and placed him on the top turnbuckle. From there it was simply academic, a Muscle Buster and a Coquina Clutch later, and the referee didn't even check the limp arms of Shark Boy before calling immediately for the bell.

Winner: Samoa Joe

Post match, Samoa Joe grabbed a microphone and confirmed to the audience that yes, he has indeed thrown out a challenge to Japanese legend Genichiro Tenryu, to show up at Genesis and face him in a one on one match. Samoa Joe also said that he is giving Tenryu til next week to accept, before he goes down to Japan and takes the fight to him.

Mike Tenay:
What a brutal execution of moves by Samoa Joe, Don. Absolutely taking Shark Boy to town, and now calling out Genichiro Tenryu? Incredible!

Don West:
Ah he just absolutely creamed him there Mike! Samoa Joe is out to send a message, and with two wins in a row now, Samoa Joe is demanding a shot at yet another Japanese legend!

We head backstage where Jeff Jarrett is yelling at Larry Zybysko. He is irate about having to face Raven, and about Monty Brown being the new #1 Contender, and worst of all, about forcing America's Most Wanted to compete in a tournament for their own belts. He demands to know who Zybysko is working for. Larry states that he is working in the interest of the TNA fans, and that Jeff Jarrett will not be in action tonight, and that whoever wins between Raven and Jarrett will get a NWA World Title Shot at Turning Point. Jarrett says he wont have to wait til Genesis, because Jeff Jarrett is going to send a message before tonight is over.

Tag Team Quarter Finals

Chris Sabin & Austin Aries Vs. Roderick Strong & Alex Shelley

The match starts out with Alex Shelley facing off against Austin Aries. Both men lock up, and Alex Shelley turns it into a side headlock. Austin Aries pushes off the ropes, sending Shelley to the other side, Alex bouncing off and stopping short of a back body drop for an enziguri across the head of Aries. The opponent staggers as Alex Shelley grabs him by the arm, and delivers a snap russian leg sweep, to which he backflips over and still grabbing one of the legs of Austin, turns it into an STF combo. Aries however able to escape and put his feet on the ropes after escaping the leg grasp of Shelley. Alex comes back up with Austin, and tries to deck him with a right hand. Austin Aries however counters with a basement dropkick to the knee out of nowhere, and then grabs the head of Alex Shelley kneeling, and jumps sideways causing Alex Shelley to have his face crushed against the mat with a modified swinging neckbreaker. Austin Aries goes for a pinfall, but only gets a two count. He then lifts Shelley back up, but the opponent is able to stomp on the toe of Austin Aries and then hit a spinning back kick to the chest of his opponent, before rolling out of the way and tagging out to Roderick Strong.

The Messiah Of The Backbreaker makes sure to drag Aries away from his corner, and delivers an elbow drop across the chest of Aries. Roderick brings him back to his feet, before going for a double underhook and transitioning the move over into a double knees backbreaker! Austin Aries squirms on the ground in pain as Roderick goes for a pinfall, one, two, Austin is able to get the shoulder up. Roderick Strong then is able to take the match to the ground, locking up his opponent with a head scissors leg lock. Austin Aries however is all too familiar with this move, as he is able to prop himself up into a face down position, and then leaps back to the mat, drilling Strong with a dropkick to the temple! Austin Aries then makes a hot tag to Chris Sabin, who slingshots over the top rope and connects with a beautiful dropkick to Roderick Strong!

Alex Shelley predictably comes in to try and stop the momentum, but Chris Sabin launches him past towards the ropes. Alex springboards with one foot off the middle rope and forcefully takes Sabin down with an arm drag. The Future however is able to come back to his feet and delivers a hurricanrana to Alex Shelley, as Austin Aries runs in delivering a huge clothesline that takes both competitors up and over to the floor. Roderick Strong goes for a lariat, but Chris Sabin ducks under, floating over with a back slide for a two count. Roderick Strong comes back and delivers several hard chops that ring throughout the arena, and tries to Irish Whip Chris Sabin, but Sabin holds his ground, whipping Strong back into his arms and over his shoulder, and quick as lightning BAM! Chris Sabin nails the Cradle Shock! The referee gets into position, One, Two, Three!

Winners: Chris Sabin & Austin Aries

Don West:
Now that's what I call X Division style wrestling at its best Mike. These four men are only a few apart of a bigger picture, a group of guys who dedicate their lives for the entertainment of the fans!

Mike Tenay:
Its not about weight limits, its about NO limits! And guess what? That high impact style just earned Chris Sabin and Austin Aries a shot at the Semi Finals of this tag team tournament!

We cut backstage to a promo by Monty Brown being interviewed by Shane Douglas. He does the generic run down, speaking about how in the Serengeti the lion is always poised to strike, and makes sure to take out the weak links in the chain first before going for the big game. Jeff Hardy is that weak link, and if he's not careful, he may just feel the Poooouuuunnce, Period!

Monty Brown Vs. Jeff Hardy

The Charismatic Enigma doesn't even allow this match to get started properly, as Monty Brown is making his entrance, Jeff Hardy leaps into action quite literally with a suicide plancha to the outside against The Alpha Male. They both lay sprawled on the outside, as the fans are already chanting in approval. Jeff Hardy gets to his feet, and goes near the steel steps and climbs up onto the barricade. Monty Brown is rising to his feet, as Jeff Hardy begins to run towards him, riding the barricade. He is about to smash into The Alpha Male for a second time, but Monty Brown this time catches him in mid air, and runs straight for the steel ring post, slamming his opponents back into the unforgiving steel. Hardy winces in pain holding his back, as Monty Brown grabs him and tells the audience to move out of the way so he can throw him over. But just as he is about to throw him over the barricade, Monty Brown throws him back into the ring, much to the chagrin of the fans as he exclaims “I'm The Alpha Male!”.

Monty Brown then comes back into the ring, already getting clocked by Jeff Hard with a baseball slide upside his head. Brown comes back to his feet anyway, shaking off the cobwebs, as Jeff continues to advance on his opponent with forearm shots to the head, and an Irish Whip. Monty Brown reverses it however, sending Jeff Hardy into the ropes, but The Charismatic Enigma dodges a bullet and holds onto the ropes avoiding a very painful situation. Monty Brown tries to lumber over to his opponent, but Jeff kicks him in the gut, and tries to set him up for the Twist Of Fate, but Brown sends him into the turnbuckle, to which Jeff counters yet again by leaping off the ropes for a Whisper In The Wind, but Monty Brown catches him AGAIN in mid air, and turns him around as he plants his opponent with FORCE with the Alpha Bomb!

Monty Brown then gets up to his feet, rubbing his head against the top rope as he has a wild look in his eyes, pointing his finger up with a symbol of “One”. Monty Brown then takes the broken heap that is Jeff Hardy, and irish whips him into the ropes, coming off from the side and destroys his opponent with the PPPOOOOUUUUUNNNNCCCEEEE! Jeff Hardy is folded like an accordion, as The Alpha Male drags him away from the ropes, convincingly getting the three count.

DING DING DING!

Winner: Monty Brown

Mike Tenay:
Wow! Never before do I think I've ever seen Jeff Hardy dominated so hard in my life DW! Monty Brown is certainly ready for his match against Rhino at Genesis!

Don West:
You can bet Rhino is ready for this challenge too Mike, I know he hasn't been saying much, but you can be sure that Rhino is watching, waiting for his chance to strike!

We finally go backstage for one last promo, as James Mitchell is standing by with the Monster Abyss. Abyss seems to be angrier than usual, as he is tossing things to and fro in his personal locker room, as a satisfied James Mitchell informs us that Abyss is not happy about not being #1 Contender. He also points out that The War Machine is expected to go one on one with Abyss next week on Impact, but he is having a hard time containing the hatred of his monster. He informs us that Jeff Jarrett does indeed have a master plan for all of this, and by the end of the night, Zybysko may have to think long and hard about his choice of championship decisions.

Main Event:
Tag Team Quarter Finals
America's Most Wanted Vs. Raven & Cassidy Riley

DING DING DING!

Raven beckons for Cassidy Riley to start off the match, as he does not feel AMW is worth his time. Raven only wants Jeff Jarrett, so Riley walks right up to James Storm, and taunts him with the patented Raven arms holding out. Unfortunately for Raven's #1 fan, this does not intimidate The Tennessee Cowboy very much, as he absolutely DECKS Riley with a left hand, sending him down to the mat. Cassidy is already trying to reach his mentor, as Storm clubs him over the back of the head, gesturing towards Raven that he better pay attention, as he delivers a pendulum backbreaker to his protege. James Storm turns his back to tag in Chris Harris, as Raven tries to storm into the ring, and the referee gets distracted trying to get Raven back into his corner. Harris and Storm start putting the boots to Riley, finally releasing after the referee turns around.

Chris Harris gives a big middle finger to the master of the mind games, as he takes Riley and body slams him to the mat. AMW just picking apart the poor kid at this point, with The Wildcat tagging out to James Storm again, who grabs the leg of Cassidy Riley. But in a miracle force of movement, Riley counters out with a backflip kick to the chin of James Storm, backing him into his own corner! Cassidy Riley makes a leap of faith and tags in his mentor, as Raven knocks out Storm with a right hand. He also levels Chris Harris when he comes in, and kicks Storm in the gut. Raven positions himself for a reverse DDT, while Chris Harris tries to come back into things, and also gets a boot to the gut, followed by his head hooked for a DDT. We see Jeff Jarrett coming down to the ring with a wooden guitar, as Raven takes out both members of AMW with a unique Double DDT!

Gail Kim steps up to the apron to argue with the referee, as Raven sees Jarrett and tries to stick his head out to confront the King Of The Mountain. BAM! Wooden Guitar splinters all over the place as Raven gets blasted with the strike, and falls in between the ropes as Jeff Jarrett begins going to town on his Genesis opponent. A hazy Cassidy Riley comes back into the ring trying to save the match, but AMW just kick him in the stomach and set him up for The Death Sentence! Cassidy Riley is utterly dismantled, as James Storm picks up the pinfall victory for his team.

DING DING DING!

Winners: America's Most Wanted

Don West:
Aw c'mon, AMW totally steals this one away from Raven's team, and Jeff Jarrett is just utterly destroying Raven on the outside! Why isn't someone coming to stop this?!

Mike Tenay:
Look at the jumbo tron DW! My God this is disgusting!

We then see on the jumbo tron various scenes being played, with the NWA Champion Rhino being attacked and bloodied by The Monster, Abyss. Team 3D are also laid out backstage, as the entirety of Team Canada is ambushing them. All the good guys are down, as Jeff Jarrett grabs a microphone. He explains that THIS is what happens when you piss off the King of the Mountain. And if Larry Zybysko doesn't change his mind, he is going to witness this kind of scene, each and every week, until Jeff Jarrett gets what he wants.

Don West:
This was Jeff Jarretts plan all along! He orchestrated everything, and now everyone has been taken out, Planet Jarrett standing tall!

Mike Tenay:
This is absolutely sick Don, Jeff Jarretts hatred and greed is poisoning TNA. He's like a cancer, and by God I can only hope that Rhino and Raven can remove him, before its too late! See you all next week everybody!

NEXT WEEK:
Main Event: Tag Team Quarter Finals
Team 3D Vs. Team Canada (Eric Young & A-1)

"The War Machine" Rhino Vs. "The Monster" Abyss

Tag Team Quarter Finals
Team Canada (Petey Williams & Robert Roode) Vs. Sonny Siaki & Apolo

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
Vs.
"The Playa From The Himalaya" Sonjay Dutt

Tag Team Quarter Finals
The Naturals Vs. Diamonds In The Rough

Axis

I love tournaments that take up time on weekly shows; they actually make me want to watch (or in this case, read) on a weekly basis. Best match was probably Aries/Sabin vs Shelley/Strong. If I'm not mistaken, at this point the three non-Sabin guys had not been TNA regulars for a long time, so allowing them to exhibit their in-ring skills is a good choice.

It looks like the most thought went into 3LK vs BJ and Kip James; a nice story was told both in the short-term (the match alone) and the long-term (the inevitable feud).

Good call on Raven NOT getting pinned, and being taken out by Jeff Jarrett. That continues their feud while also preventing Raven from looking weak and losing the match. I'm looking forward to next week. My predictions are Team 3D, Williams/Roode, and The Naturals continuing in the tag team tournament.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
BP : the final angle with jarrett was very well done, he really looks like a threat in your storyline, i like this character a lot.

WP : everything was pretty good and effective, but I'd go with Monty Brown, his victory over jeff was enough to make him look like a monster IMO.

BM : Brown vs Jeff, I know it was almost a squash, the tag team matches were better, but it was a big surprise to me, and I was kinda shocked to read that, and you made me more interested in Brown, so very good job.

WM : I'd go with Joe's squash this time, it wasn't bad and it served its purpose, but the tag matches don't deserve the WM award lol...Samoa Joe looks really special there, I really like this war with japanese wrestlers, I want to see where you wanna go with this.

AC : As i said, Joe and Brown were probably the two things that made me want to read your newt show, you gained a viewer. The jarrett stuff was great too, I really want to see your next show.