News TNA Reportedly Tried To Sign ReyRey Last Week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, TNA made a big play for former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio Jr last week. Mysterio left WWE earlier this year after over a decade with the company.

The Observer reports that both TNA President Dixie Carter and John Gaburick spoke to Mysterio and pushed the notion that they could help increase the visibility of his merchandise, and get it in several retail outlets.

Mysterio was also told that he would be built around as a major Hispanic superstar, and would be permitted to work anywhere he wished on days off from television tapings.

It was noted by the Observer that Mysterio is still more likely to head to Lucha Underground, although nothing is set in stone, and nothing has been made official.

Source

Good. Go to LUG, Rey.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Why TNA trying to sing huge stars when they unable to pay talent on time?
Fix that issue then sign stars.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Why are these guys trying to sign these high dollar talents when they can't even pay the talent they have?

Rey should go to ROH or AAA, i think he's in AAA at the moment.. LU is trash, TNA will be dead soon unfortunately, and WWE won't want him back.. Retiring might be the best thing for him actually, before he shatters his leg again and ends up crippled.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Rey Rey in my opinion should go to either Lucha Underground or AAA. And this doesn't surprise me that TNA tried to sign him lol.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Why what?

TNA is a dying company.

Also... LUG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNA/RAW/SD

Haha, I meant why for the entire thing, not just the LUG.

If you're TNA, why would you sign Rey?
-Not only is Mysterio not a hot commodity anymore, but when has TNA signing big names ever meant shit? No, Dixie, TV execs don't care about him being on your roster either.
-Ex-WWE guys don't really get "over" to the same extent in TNA. They never do, because most TNA fans love seeing the homegrown guys take the ball and run with it. And I doubt he can completely reinvent himself the way Bully Ray did.
-Rey's knees are done. At best that still limits his ability and prevents him from being in the X-Division. At best... well, the guy's been massively injury prone as of late.
-TNA's a talk-heavy promotion and many of their biggest stars are stick guys. Rey can't talk, and we know he won't get good material.
-all the backstage drama which y'all can fill in

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Lucha is all Rey Rey, their fanbase won't feel insulted seeing a winner having to bounce off the middle rope to throw a clothesline.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Talk about a lose/lose lol.

ATTN: TNA: you don't need fucking Rey. You need to stop trying to cut corners, bite the bullet and dive down deeper into the crevasse and hope you can come out stronger later for it. But they've got to take a couple of steps back before they can try to build themselves back up.

ATTN: REY: you don't need to be wrestling anymore dude. You are done. You were one of the best in the world for a solid decade+ but that was a long time ago bro. You suck now, just go sell masks to kids at meet n greets

Reactions: Snowman1

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why would Rey want to spend his final years/days as a performer wasting away in an obscure promotion like TNA? Granted, it's not quite as bad as wasting a whole decade of your career that could have been better spent elsewhere like the way Sting did, but still. I also don't think it's worth the time to try and sign him anyway. TNA has signed a lot of big names before, and it did little to nothing for business. The best they could get out of it is making some decent revenue from selling Mysterio masks.

Rey would be a much better fit in Lucha Underground.