• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA Ranking system Good or Shit?

Reaction score
here is the top 10

1. Sting
2. AJ Styles
3. Jeff Hardy
4. Mr. Anderson
5. Abyss
6. Desmond Wolfe
7. The Pope
8. Rob Terry
9. Samoa Joe
10. Kazarian

my thoughts is i am not much of a fan to it, Due Sting hasn't wrestled much, Kaz lost to Doug for the X championship, The X champion himself isn't on the top 10 list and the Pope is injured. Imo the top 3 on win/lost and from TNA booking as of late the top 3 would be: AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy and Abyss.

That i am not a fan of hardy and abyss but from the booking they should be the top 3. even tho i voted for Wolfe the booking of him, he has been booked as a Jobber Midcarder

chessarmy

Reaction score
One of my friends made a good point about why this list sucks. If this is supposed to be based off career win/loss why is Samoa Joe number 9? Wasn't he undefeated for a year and a half? Stupid.

Everybody else is in decent position I think, although I have no clue how Sting automatically got the number 1 spot out of nowhere

Reaction score
It's dumb, really. They've made up bullshit like 'career win/loss ratios' and 'voting online' and something else to pretty much make the list themselves. It doesn't need to make sense at all, and it doesn't. They've just made this to suit them, and tried to make the TNA fans feel involved.

1. Sting - He's only 1 to give Slammiversary a "big match" against RVD.
2. AJ Styles - Someone I feel is in the right place, also he's ex-champ.
3. Jeff Hardy - Actually been pretty well lately. Wouldn't argue his spot.
4. Mr. Anderson - Only here cause he's gunna fued with Hardy.
5. Abyss - Him and Desmond are here together for the same reason - a fued.
6. Desmond Wolfe
7. The Pope - Don't know why the fuck he's on this list. People like him, throw him on there.
8. Rob Terry - Just a way to push their new 'monster'. Really didn't deserve to be above Joe, though.
9. Samoa Joe - Poor Joe. The only thing I can think of he hasn't been active lately, with his 'abduction' etc.
10. Kazarian - Pushing this guy, obviously.

Also, I think Angle's placing was right. However, his choice to drop out was cool, and will make for some really interesting matches/fueds. Actually can't wait for this.

I hate the entire idea of the ranking system. I will not believe that TNA has left this up to the fans in ANYWAY. It's nothing more than a way to TRY and get fans interacting with the show.

hbkfan

Reaction score
its good in thery but its flawed. they should go by win loss records and lets face it when was the last time sting actully won a match.

Tobe__

Reaction score
The concept is alright, but the system they are working from makes no sense. Career win/loss ratio my ass, if thats the case, Rob Terry and Pope shouldn't be anywhere near the list.

G 3

Reaction score
I think TNA misses some opportunities. They should have Matt Morgan work his way up through the poll and then get a title shot at a ppv. I think they could throw the title on him for a few months and do fine. He could be a real entertaining champion if the gave him a slight gimmick change upon winning the title. He would be a believable champion.

Reaction score
^^^Nah I'd love to see the ego/split personality thing they got going, heh. I'm actually loving that, atm. Just weird things they could do, to make him defend his title ... like, twice in a night or something :p Obviously though, that'd push him RIGHT up, possibly too far for him in his first reign.