TNA Pushing Younger Talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Amongst TNA Wrestling officials, there has been talk of changing the focus from "big name" veteran stars of yesteryear to the younger performers in the organization.

One source stated that the members of Fortune—AJ Styles, James Storm, Robert Roode and Kazarian—would be among the top babyfaces in the company and that "it would be interesting to see" what happens when the contracts of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair come due. However, the source added that while creative is behind the proposition, plans could easily change.

The source feels that Impact's ratings in the coming weeks will be the deciding factor in whether the company begins focusing on younger talents.

"The key is the ratings," the source stated. "[Dixie Carter] panics when the ratings dip. If it moves two points, she'll panic."

The source explained that if Impact's ratings fall one point as they did last week (from a 1.3 to a 1.2), the company's creative direction stays course. However, the feeling is that Carter tends to overreact when the ratings slide down two points.

Yeah, you can't draw shit with Mr. Kennedy, Mick Foley, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and AJ Styles, and the Outsiders, but you think you're going to take down the WWE with.....Jay Lethal? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA ok

Montana

Reaction score
I'll believe it, when i see it. Doesn't TNA always say this sort of stuff, but then put the belt on another ex-wwe guy.

Reaction score
here is nice b/s talking.

TNA should of been pushing there Youth 3-5 Years ago.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Oh, so like, the past couple years, this never crossed their mind?

I was wondering why Scott Hall got a contract and Petey Williams got shown the door.....

Airfixx

Reaction score
I'll believe it, when i see it. Doesn't TNA always say this sort of stuff, but then put the belt on another ex-wwe guy.
It's pretty much been the yearly cycle for as long as I've been watching TNA....

Bring in ex-WWE/WCW guys make them champ, ratings still suck, start pushing young guys and claim that the youth is the future of TNA, get cold feet cos the rating don't rocket over-night, abandon said pushes, leave said young guys in limbo, if not badly 'damaged', sign new wave of former WCW/WWE stars. Repeat.

...And yeah, LOL at Lethal. He's so shit!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^This is one good thing about the Fortune angle though; it leaves them all in good standing if in the end they go over Immortal.

But there's still so much going on you can't like about this company, and Dixie Carter's feelings (we've seen evidence this is true) really weigh down any opportunity for a lot of these guys like Airfixx said. Robert Roode should have BEEN TNA Heavyweight Champion by now, although Beer Money is a solid tag team/idea. I'd like to see them allow both to remain cool with each other while having a singles career.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I believe it. We'll probably gradually see it happen over the next 5 years on and off, (If they last that long)

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Then you're a mug! ...As if TNA has any kind of ability to succesfully plan and execute anything that far in advance. They can't even manage to plan their major angles around whom will be under contract and until when.

^This is one good thing about the Fortune angle though; it leaves them all in good standing if in the end they go over Immortal.

IF they go over.

..And even IF they do, there's still a million and one ways for TNA to fuck it all up.

Sorry. I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO faith in anything TNA does or is even thinking of doing these days and am shocked that anyone but the most insane die-hard TNA mark could be any different.

But there's still so much going on you can't like about this company, and Dixie Carter's feelings (we've seen evidence this is true) really weigh down any opportunity for a lot of these guys like Airfixx said. Robert Roode should have BEEN TNA Heavyweight Champion by now, although Beer Money is a solid tag team/idea. I'd like to see them allow both to remain cool with each other while having a singles career.

For "new talent" prob see Amazing Red's newbie 'brother' tbh.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Yeah, I was going to emphasize the if as you did but it pretty much goes without saying, seeing as you nailed what I was implying with the "if".

I too, have 0 faith in TNA. This is a company that skyrocketed off of these guys and then WWE cast-aways and drug addicts came in and Dixie squirted a proverbial load in hopes of building off of guys WWE denied giving a chance; only problem is, all they're doing is proving WWE was always right to keep these guys down.

Axis

Reaction score
Frankie Kazarian is horrible right now. Maybe four years ago there was potential. Bobby Roode can be a star imo. Storm and Styles are good options as well. If TNA isn't having results with Nash, Hall, Hardy, and Angle that is exactly why they should try with new guys.

Reaction score
I could go on and on about what the fuck is wrong with TNA. The main problem isn't the talent, it's who's heading the company. You have people on top that haven't made a fucking dime this millenium with any of their ideas. And now what? They've exhausted every possible WWE reject, rehashed every storyline they could possibly rehash and swerved more than necessary. Russo at the helm will never take TNA past where they are. He is so out of touch with the wrestling business and has no clue how to make a star. They've struck out three times missing big opportunities with Tomko, Joe and AJ. TNA is a fucking joke. It's so funny how their perception here has changed so fast. What happened to all the TNA nut huggers that were so common here last year?

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ re: TNA nut huggers....

Fickle folks with short memories operating under the notion that others have similarly short memories.

The first sign of a-n-o-t-h-e-r Beer Money/MCMG fued or some run-of-the-mill blood n' weapons action (for pure examples sake) you'll see those same 'worms' start to turn back again.

Kaedon

Reaction score
<============ TNA Hater from the PPV days.