TNA Promises "Surprise Of The Year"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
TNA released the following today. I am working on a story that could end up being what they are talking about. I will have more on it tomorrow.

PREVIEW: THURSDAY'S iMPACT BROADCAST ON SPIKE - DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS FOR THE SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR!

Don't forget to watch Total Nonstop Action Wrestling every Thursday night starting at 9/8c with iMPACT! If you can't watch it Thursdays, make sure to set your DVRs to record it!

THIS THURSDAY, DON'T MISS THE FINAL MOMENTS OF IMPACT FOR THE MOST SHOCKING SURPRISE OF THE YEAR - GUARANTEED!!!

Plus, the road continues to the March 13 TNA Wrestling "Victory Road" Pay-Per-View event, also available on TNAOnDemand.com

PWI

It's either going to be somebody returning to TNA, or some new talent coming in. Or, it could be Eric and Hulk being fired. Whatever it is, probably is best left to the following week on March 3rd (Their using this show as their major show of the month). I've heard people say that it's Sting, but I really hope not for several reasons. One is that Sting should have gone to WWE, because he'll be doing the same old thing in TNA (where every year, Dixie asks for "1 More Year") and he'll have to return as a heel, because he cannot return and be nice about how he was correct and nobody listened to him. Also, I really do not want him in TNA, as they have Immortal (Consisting of young guys, generally) and Fortune, which has young guys, and Sting is an old guy who doesn't belong with all these young wrestlers. I've heard that there could be a Sting v Flair feud, which would be awful as it would focus on Sting & Flair, rather than on trying to get new guys over.

Reaction score
^ There's nothing in the Spoilers.. It's got to be something that was taped secretly.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Tracy Brooks is a huge surprise?

I mean, she's huge in some ways... but...

Kaedon

Reaction score
I know, they are going to bring out the "Big Booking Book Of Wrestling" and learn us as to why Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle is the best thing in wrestling today!!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This can only be the return of SharkBoy...

fuzzy

Reaction score
it's Macho man randy savage........

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Seeing as Macho Man signed a legends deal with the WWE last year that ain't going to happen. Instead of speculating on what it is going to be, lets speculate on what is should be if its really the "suprise of the year" and they are guarenteeing it. Because lets be honest, even if it is Sting, or Hogan being fired (which would be story line only anyways since the TNA stars are all on route to NC to tape the March 3rd show already and Hogan is with them), thats not the shock of the year, not when the WWE has already been blasting the shock and awe like Booker T., Kevin Nash, Stone Cold, The Rock & now Trish Stratus, plus the return of Taker & Triple H this past week. So what "should" be the suprise but obviously won't.....

1) TNA Going out of buisness and or selling out to the WWE and Vince McMahon
2) Shane McMahon being Dixie's new buisness partner
3) Edge shows up and drops the World Title belt in the garbage and violates his contract
4) Chris Jericho joins TNA

Other then those things right there nothing really trumps anything that the WWE has already suprised their fans with this year.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Seeing as Macho Man signed a legends deal with the WWE last year that ain't going to happen. Instead of speculating on what it is going to be, lets speculate on what is should be if its really the "suprise of the year" and they are guarenteeing it. Because lets be honest, even if it is Sting, or Hogan being fired (which would be story line only anyways since the TNA stars are all on route to NC to tape the March 3rd show already and Hogan is with them), thats not the shock of the year, not when the WWE has already been blasting the shock and awe like Booker T., Kevin Nash, Stone Cold, The Rock & now Trish Stratus, plus the return of Taker & Triple H this past week. So what "should" be the suprise but obviously won't.....

1) TNA Going out of buisness and or selling out to the WWE and Vince McMahon
2) Shane McMahon being Dixie's new buisness partner
3) Edge shows up and drops the World Title belt in the garbage and violates his contract
4) Chris Jericho joins TNA

Other then those things right there nothing really trumps anything that the WWE has already suprised their fans with this year.
lol, i was joking about the macho man.......
i like your 4 guesses but none of them are gonna happen, not yet at least. it's gonna be Sting, besides that what other big suprises does tna have?

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
None of their surprises will ever be anything. That is all Dixie Carter does these days is hype up these huge surprises that end up being nothing of value.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
lol, i was joking about the macho man.......
i like your 4 guesses but none of them are gonna happen, not yet at least. it's gonna be Sting, besides that what other big suprises does tna have?

again, why I said the things that won't happen...my point was the only way this will be the biggest suprise of the year is if its something like the examples I listed. Since it won't be any of those things it will be a big disappointment and thats even if it is Sting. I don't think it will be Sting though because Dixie Carter can't keep her mouth shut on her Twitter when she has resigned Sting every time before, I don't think this time would be any different. I don't think its anyone. As it is Imortal looks weak now since Fortune split. Seriously go back and watch when Fortune jumped. You got AJ, Beer Money, Ken Anderson, Kaz, Angle, Crimson & Stiener in the ring and who are the big bad guys who they have finally turned the tables on? Gunner, Murphy, Eric & the Hardys. Thats it. Where is the big bad Imortal. Why is there even still a war? Sure Hogan's coming back in, but what can he do? Flair? So what. And even when Abyss returns, and if Jarrett had actually been there, Imortal looks weak by comparison.

No doubt this whole thing of a big suprise has to do with TNA not being able to bring back in the Main Event Mafia since only Stiener returned. Lets just hope that they learned there lesson from that mistake and haven't promised something again before signing or securing what they need to pull it off like they did with "They"

...god...

Reaction score
Holy shit TNA is terrible, lol at them ripping off the Undertaker vignette for Sting's now, sigh.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Right?

Standard Dixie, Russo, Bischoff protocol...

*see the entire world wanted the 2 21 11 vignette to lead to Sting... does their own version of the vignette for Sting*

But fails to realize the only reason it gained so much momentum with the fans is because they did indeed want Sting, only... in the WWE!

*facepalms*

1chiban

Reaction score
Meh. Disappointing. It says something about poor old TNA that I'm not thrilled to see Sting back in TNA but was excited at the split-second possibility of the Stinger coming to the Big 'E :/