TNA PRESIDENT BILLY CORGAN FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST TNA, DIXIE CARTER AND MORE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I love how people still insult TNA without carin' if the product is good or bad at this point. If you're a wrestlin' fan you shouldn't care about their business acumen. Billy Corgan has breathed a lot of fresh air into the company as it is. If their upper midcard list ended up in WWE that'd be a waste of their current development and folks like Mike Bennett to even Eli Drake would get lost in the current NXT climate.

The only thing I enjoy is The Hardys vs Decay. And to answer your question, I'd prefer to see them in wwe cause they deserve a bigger stage if they're as good as you say.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I love how people still insult TNA without carin' if the product is good or bad at this point. If you're a wrestlin' fan you shouldn't care about their business acumen. Billy Corgan has breathed a lot of fresh air into the company as it is. If their upper midcard list ended up in WWE that'd be a waste of their current development and folks like Mike Bennett to even Eli Drake would get lost in the current NXT climate.
I sat down to watch Bound for Glory and I immediately regretted every decision I had ever made in life.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Their business acumen is paramount in order to actually have them around to watch their product.

Can't be a fan of something if it isn't there anymore :smh

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really am surprised that the Hardy Boys are still being mentioned in the same breath as a main stream wrestling promotion in 2016. I know they got rave reviews for their last TNA run but they are the past for me.

At least Corgan is a wrestling fan and to me he seems realistic about the challenge that awaits him. And afterall things can't get any worse surely!8D

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Really am surprised that the Hardy Boys are still being mentioned in the same breath as a main stream wrestling promotion in 2016. I know they got rave reviews for their last TNA run but they are the past for me.

At least Corgan is a wrestling fan and to me he seems realistic about the challenge that awaits him. And afterall things can't get any worse surely!8D
That's what was said before he fucking sued them lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There's always worse until they go completely out of business.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
With as big an egomaniac as Vince is I'm shocked he hasn't tried harder to but the company.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
There's always worse until they go completely out of business.

Not sure about that. Afterall if Corgan does plan on cutting costs and giving them a new idenity then things may improve slightly even if only by default.

With as big an egomaniac as Vince is I'm shocked he hasn't tried harder to but the company.

You gotta remember though that with WCW there was a long history of revalry between the two. Besides some of good talent he was getting with that deal, it must have also stroked Vince's ego a lot to end that war personally. I don't think TNA exists anywhere near as much on his radar.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not sure about that. Afterall if Corgan does plan on cutting costs and giving them a new idenity then things may improve slightly even if only by default.

You gotta remember though that with WCW there was a long history of revalry between the two. Besides some of good talent he was getting with that deal, it must have also stroked Vince's ego a lot to end that war personally. I don't think TNA exists anywhere near as much on his radar.
I only meant it can get worse, not that it will.

I don't think WWE really wants anything other than the video library and he can easily get that after they fold naturally.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He never thought of them as competition, and he wants other companies around because it polishes off green performers before he can scoop them up.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He never thought of them as competition, and he wants other companies around because it polishes off green performers before he can scoop them up.

That's how I've looked it at for years. Vince looks at TNA and ROH as minor leagues. Let these guys get over and learn how to work before he opens the checkbook and he's teaching Hunter pretty well

Reactions: Deezy

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That's how I've looked it at for years. Vince looks at TNA and ROH as minor leagues. Let these guys get over and learn how to work before he opens the checkbook and he's teaching Hunter pretty well

Think you're giving him a bit too much credit on that one. Sure, he has a history of doing that in the past, but more recently WWE have used the indie leagues less and just been throwing their talent on television before their ready.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Think you're giving him a bit too much credit on that one. Sure, he has a history of doing that in the past, but more recently WWE have used the indie leagues less and just been throwing their talent on television before their ready.
Stopped doing that 5 years ago, the performance centre and NXT is the great polisher of diamonds in the rough so they hire indy guys and can now help get rid of their bad habits.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Stopped doing that 5 years ago, the performance centre and NXT is the great polisher of diamonds in the rough so they hire indy guys and can now help get rid of their bad habits.

And only time will tell what results it produces. Could be one of the best legacy's HHH leaves.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And only time will tell what results it produces. Could be one of the best legacy's HHH leaves.

Time has told us. We got The Shield and Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens and Finn balor and The Four Horsewomen