TNA News & Notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
- A lot of TNA wrestlers were banged up after the UK tour, but nobody came out of it with a serious injury.

- Kurt Angle pushed to wrestle on the UK tour, but TNA management decided it would be best for him to make non-wrestling appearances so he could heal up a bit from the neck injury he suffered in Korea.

- TNA's Fan Interaction event in Great Britain drew 700 fans.

- TNA came away from the UK tour feeling that the TNA brand and its stars were bigger in terms of star power overseas. TNA felt the tour was a huge success and a big morale booster, compared to the U.S. where the company feels many of their accomplishments are ignored by the harsh online community.

- The TNA Impact video game is scheduled for release on 9/8.

Credit: PWInsider.com

compared to the U.S. where the company feels many of their accomplishments are ignored by the harsh online community.

They're 100% correct that the IWC brings down wrestling in thestates. Instead of embracing the industry, they'd rather tear down anything they can in order to make themselves feel more important. And in a niche audience such as professional wrestling, the online community does have a major affect. Too bad there are assholes on sites, writers and readers, that will bitch and complain about everything just for the sake of whining and seeing their posts get reaction.

Also it's not just the online fans, wrestling in the US is in a downturn. Many international areas are hot for professional wrestling, some who probably still believe wrestling outcomes and feuds are not scripted. TNA, WWE and others are wise to go overseas and sale tickets to fans who are excited to actually see a live house show.

I'm just glad that I'm not one of those smarks :shifty:

JC Punk

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like in the next couple weeks TNA's gonna be pretty busy and surely have more fans after the UK tour. And i can't wait for the TNA game to come out it looks pretty good from what i've sen so far.

chessarmy

TNA should hold a PPV event in the UK, when they showed the footage of the UK tour the crowd sounded insane, imagine how they would sound if it was a PPV? And most of the IWC is filled with a bunch of "smark marks" who bash Pro Wrestling as a whole, and basically always have something to complain about. I've actually stopped listining to a bunch of wrestling podcasts because all they do is complain, bitch and moan and it gets me pissed off because the bottom line is...if you hate Wrestling so much, and if it gets you so pissed off, why the hell are you watching it?

gashface

Reaction score
Many international areas are hot for professional wrestling, some who probably still believe wrestling outcomes and feuds are not scripted
Well everybody in the UK knows it's scripted most of the people at the show were hardcore fans, you could tell. It's more the fact we're starved of good wrestling both on and off tv. You have to pay for sky sports over here to get WWE, and whenever WWE come over for a tour they put on a half assed show which is aimed at four-eight year olds.

Seen as they're coming back in January and trying to fill out massive arenas my thoughts are one of the shows might be a PPV or impact taping.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I hope TNA continue to look international (mainly Australia), because I do see it as a way for them to grow. They are receivedwell in foreign countries, because we don't see wrestlers like that every day. IMO TNA should keep going.

gashface

Reaction score
I agree, WWE has taken their eye off the ball internationally. It'd be wise for TNA to swoop in. Sure WWE are live across the globe and go there, but do you want me to tell you what they put on? Boring shite! That's what, they don't even try.

TNA guys are all busted up and crap because they really tried for us... they felt the buzz and went for it.

1chiban

Reaction score
Many international areas are hot for professional wrestling, some who probably still believe wrestling outcomes and feuds are not scripted.

We're not idiots outside of the US, for goodness sake :p

Airfixx

^^^^Yeah, c'mon, for christ's sake... VKM has been pumping that shit into European homes for the last 20 years or more!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Guys...(and LadyHotrod), we should be nicer to TNA. Really now, who doesn't love Blue gimmick matches, idiotic storylines, poor production values, and has-beens?? The IWC oughta be ashamed of themselves. :(

Also when I was talking about international areas that believe wrestling outcomes and feuds are not scripted, I was mostly aiming that at Japan..People over there take wrestling very cereal :yes:

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Wrestling is a SPORT in Japan, and it isn't taken as a joke or "fake" like it is in other places. But Mexico really die-hard audience. They really stick to cheering for faces (tecnicos) and booing heels (rudos) Even if the heel does something amazing, you can hear a pin drop if the face is down.

I would like to see TNA succeed, and branching out internationally is a good plan. I could see them doing a tour of Italy/France/Spain with the current success of NWE over there.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
In Japan wrestling is a sport.

In Mexico wrestling is tradition.

In North America wrestling is a joke.

PeepShow

You got it wrong, and you even left out your own country. Nice loyalty

wrestlinggif.gif

MikeRaw

^No, its noa tradition in Canada lol. USA probably has more fans then here... Maybe it was tradition in the 80's, but not now... lol

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I def paraphrased. I didn't know the whole quote, and its pretty much a joke here too.