TNA Negotiating with another network?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
From Meltzer:

Quote:
TNA Wrestling canceled a video shoot scheduled for 6/6 in Nashville for the open for the Slammiversary PPV due to Jeff Jarrett and Dixie Carter having to be in Los Angeles for TV contract negotiations. It is not known what television networks they are meeting with. TNA's deal with Spike TV expires in the fall and with the show doing slightly above the network's prime-time average, it would be a strong bet to be retained.

Christian Cage, Chris Harris and A.J. Styles were among a group of approximately ten wrestlers whose appearances in Nashville for the shooting of the video were canceled.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/....asp?aID=19730

This is interesting. What are the major TV networks based on LA? I think Spike's based in New York. Hopefully gets a 2 hr timeslot and possibly two shows.

xtremebadass

Well, if anything SpikeTV would resign TNA because SpikeTV is chock full of anti WWE saints. However, if TNA did sign with another channel, there aren't many out there. Maybe the old TNT, TBS, or FX, but there's not too many options.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I just hope TNA gets 2 hours no matter where, they (along with every TNA fan in the world) said that it'll be way better when they get it and im looking forward to some competition

Rell

Reaction score
As much as I like Spike TV, If Spike doesn't give TNA an additional hour soon I think it will be time for TNA to start looking elsewhere. Everyone always complains about certain wrestlers not being pushed, I believe two hours shows would resolve that problem.

Defiant One

Reaction score
If Spike isnt willing to give TNA two hours other networks will. Two shows and/or two hours something needs to be done either way.

Reaction score
TNA needs to get off of Spike. They have waited long enough for the 2 hour deal and if Spike TV doesnt give it to them than im sure another channel will...

I herd that they might move to MyNetwork TV (Formerly UPN).

TK-Walker

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind TBS or TNT. It would be like the old WCW days.

PeepShow

^Couldnt agree more dude.

The latest rumor is that they are very, very interested in FOX. Now whether this is true, or just to get Spike to get them a 2 hr deal quicker, IDK, but I wouldnt mind them going to FOX at all. Thats a national channel for Christ's sakes

Kaedon

Reaction score
I dont think getting 2 hours is gonna mean a damn thing unless they get better booking decisions.

Rell

Reaction score
^That doesn't make sense Kaedon, two hours could only improve the quality of iMPACT, bad or good booking. TNA has too much talent right now. Everyone is complaining about who is being "mis-used" the problem is with only 1 hour a week, its damn near impossible to use everyone correctly. Two hours would give TNA a chance to showcase the talent that are being "mis-used". I'm not saying TNA would become the best wrestling promotion in the world with 2 hours, all I'm saying is a 2nd hour definitely wouldn't hurt.

Kaedon

Reaction score
The splitting of Americas Most Wanted, Abyss' Mama, Seratonin, AJ Styles becoming pretty much nothing more than a jobber, the unclear booking of established "faces" and "heels" has abolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of TNA. Whether you take one hour or two hours to squeeze out a turd, its still a turd.

Soulpower

Actually, Keadon is absolutely right. Talent means nothing if you don't know how to use it, that's what WCW did, (and we know how that turned out) and that's what TNA is doing.

They can have two hours, but it doesn't mean that the undercard is going to be used correctly, it doesn't mean that the lame storylines will come to an end. If anything, we'll get more of Kevin Nash antics, which are funny but ultimately don't succeed in getting anyone over. We'll get more angles thrown in, instead of pushing the angles that are already in progress.

The only difference? The matches might be a little bit longer, but that's only because of the thin roster.

Rell

Reaction score
The splitting of Americas Most Wanted, Abyss' Mama, Seratonin, AJ Styles becoming pretty much nothing more than a jobber, the unclear booking of established "faces" and "heels" has abolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of TNA. Whether you take one hour or two hours to squeeze out a turd, its still a turd.

I see what you are saying now, I thought you were saying 2hrs wouldn't help TNA which it would actually help a great deal...LMAO at the turd line.

P.O.U.N.C.E

Reaction score
Give em 2 hours! Thats what I am waiting for. Like to see a lil bit of TNA showing up WWE a few times.

If they signed with TNT, and they got WCW's raw deal of 3 hour shows that would be even better.

PeepShow

^As much as I like TNA, a 3 hour show is just way too damn long. A 2 hour deal would be great and they can get some exposer by going to a network like FOX or TNT, but ya, 3 hrs is way too many dude